Sign in to follow this  
reyno

Opinions Please

post-378-1176991787_thumb.jpgpost-378-1176991818_thumb.jpgpost-378-1176991837_thumb.jpgpost-378-1176991872_thumb.jpgpost-378-1176991892_thumb.jpgpost-378-1176991909_thumb.jpgbeen 12 months 3 weeks since 3100 ht with dr feller,just want to get opinions on what it looks like and whether they would be happy with it.added pics of hair wet & dry and styled.

Here are your pre op pics reyno

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

12 months

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

There is a very big difference between the photos; wet and combed back it looks thin (but your hair appears to be very fine), combed forward and dry, it looks better. What about with a parting on the side?

To be honest, I think you would need a second session into the front third to get a result I would be happy with (and that's why I'm going back for a second session :P ) It does look 100% natural though, just a bit on the thin side, but that is to be expected considering the large area that was filled and the number of grafts. Maybe the picture is exaggerating the thinness - I know my hair looks a lot thinner in pictures than it does in the mirror. Are you happy with it?

There is a big difference and i think the coverage is good as Reyno was completely bald

pre op and now has good coverage over 1/2 - 3/4 of his head :) I think it is a little on the

thin side but very natural neverthe less.

I think Renyo's thin hair characteristics are not helping the illusion of density - This

can easily be sorted out in a second pass concentrating on the front 1/3 and working

back accordingly :) I think this has always been your intention. I think we all hope for

great density but again hair characteristics do aid this illusion as mentioned previously.

The comparison clearly highlights good growth over a large area :)

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

you have covered a large area there and are no longer a bald guy, big difference. like pb said a second pass will get you a fuller look, well done.

looks very natural :)

Reyno does look a bit thin m8, but it also looks like natural hair and thats the main thing, if you go back for 1 more you will be laughing...BTW you actually suited a shaved head.

Reyno does look a bit thin m8, but it also looks like natural hair and thats the main thing, if you go back for 1 more you will be laughing...BTW you actually suited a shaved head.

I echo the above mate, looks very natural but a bit on the thin side - amazing improvement on the pre-op pictures though.

The main thing is, are you happy with it?

I think it looks great considering how you looked before and the amount of grafts you’ve had. It’s hard to judge off a picture but if it was me id be happy with it :) Everyone has different goals ;)

But then again there’s always hair greed :blink:

Reyno,

Your hair caliber is still not quite as thick as it was in the donor area,

but you still have time to thicken in the coming months. Your hair wasn’t

exactly of the “thick” variety to begin with, but also wasn’t that thin

either so I expect you still have some improvement to come.

The difference in appearance between when the hair is combed forward and

when it is combed backward is dramatic. This is because I performed the

procedure with the knowledge that the hair was going to be combed FORWARD in

the “Caesar” style which is so prevalent throughout the UK, and not

backwards.

Combing the hair backward runs against the “grain” of this transplant and

produces a cosmetically unacceptable result. The transplant is so polarized

in the other direction that the hair needs to be wet in order to get it to

cooperate when combing it backward. Wet hair combed against the grain will

always minimize the impact of the transplant and hair transplants are

desperately dependent on hair style to maximize the benefit.

When the hair is combed in the proper direction, forward as in the other

photos, you can see how the effect improves dramatically to the point of

reaching a significant cosmetic improvement- the one I was looking for.

Also, I purposely weighed the transplant so that the bulk of the density was

at the bridge of the scalp (mid-scalp) and not the hairline, so of course it

will look best when combed toward the front.

While I don’t believe your transplant is at it’s final stage of thickening,

a second procedure may become the order of the day. Typically, a doubling of

the number of grafts will produce a “three times” covering effect due to the

additive nature of hairs. Should you decide Reyno that you want to comb your hair

backward, rather than forward, I would simply weight the next procedure

toward the front. But if you still desire to comb it forward, then I would

just fill front and back equally.

Best regards

Dr. Feller

Mmmm.....

Difficult one this! It's a defo improvement, but I echo everyone else's comments about it being quite sparse. It seems you were complete bald - I'm not sure if this is accurate or whether you shaved you hair on the top.

This post got me thinking....I think you do have to be careful when judging pictures....people automatically, without any thought judge a HT doctor by the result of a HT without giving it any real thought.

People generally don't think about the level of loss before a HT

Don't think about the number of grafts placed

Don't think about the texture or thickness of hair

Don't think about the hair colour and colour of scap

All these play a part in how a HT will turn out. Obviously the skill of the surgeon plays a huge part, but if a surgeon places the graft artistically and all the graft survived the result still may look quite thin because of the above factors. Too often people criticise....

Sorry about the rant....it's just that I was about to say 'it's a bit thin'. It is, but considering everything it's a good result.

Any reason why you didn't go for a bigger graft count?

A big difference Reyno and i think Dr Fellers post clarified a few things aswell regarding placement. I think when a Dr is covering a large area like this he can't split the baby and get density as well as coverage as there are only so many grafts available to use in one pass. Your extensive baldness has been transformed and although the density is not quite there a second pass will soon sort that out. Then you will have the coverage and the density :)

All in all a good result.

Nice post Dr Feller as well. I am sure Renyo and the guys here appreciate you taking the time to help understand this result a little better.

While I don’t believe your transplant is at it’s final stage of thickening,

a second procedure may become the order of the day. Typically, a doubling of

the number of grafts will produce a “three times” covering effect due to the

additive nature of hairs.

Synergy ;)

Good post Dr Feller.....

That is really interesting. I was wondering why there was such a difference between the hair being combed forward than combed backward.

I didn't even know that was a factor that could be taken into consideration - learn something new everyday!!

I do agree, when the hair is combed forward the difference between preop and now is quite drastic!

I think for the number of grafts and the area covered that the result is very good. I had almost as many grafts placed in an area less than half the size. I don't think anything has gone wrong, the HT was a success, it's just that you need more grafts due to the large area of baldness.

BTW you actually suited a shaved head.

I think he looked like a thug with a shaved head. He looks like a gent with hair ;)

It is thin but looks natural if it was me i would either keep it combed foward or

go back for a second pass the thing is you are no longer bald looks 100%natural :)

Its on the thin side, but to be honest I would say it looks perfectly natural for a mature man though. Just looks like you're thinning naturally.... I would consider giving it another 6 months before deciding if you want another HT.

It looks very natural but a little thin. You have certainly got the coverage though. Hit it with a second pass of similar size in 6 months and you are done! Noone gets 1 HT, even the guys who get megga megga sessions go back to refine and bulk up. A good result considering the extent of your baldness pre op (cue ball bald!)You have a solid platform to work from now and as Feller mentioned the next pass will increase the overall look x3 :)

BTW you actually suited a shaved head.

I think he looked like a thug with a shaved head. He looks like a gent with hair ;)

erm...well...maybe, i guess he does look more of a "gent", but i think before he just looked like the average guy who doesn't care about going bald...then again he obviously did care :blink: Just ignore me ;)

I suppose there are advantages of looking like a thug, like not getting into fights or getting robbed with looking so hard ;) Unfortunately I didn't look tough with a shaved head - I just looked like a big-eared, four-eyed cancer patient :D

I suppose there are advantages of looking like a thug, like not getting into fights or getting robbed with looking so hard ;) Unfortunately I didn't look tough with a shaved head - I just looked like a big-eared, four-eyed cancer patient :D

heh-heh, a bit like this then PB (only joking m8) :lol:

post-1265-1177078723_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys for all your opinions,I always knew i 'd need a second ht and plan to have one later in the year,it's just that i was expecting slightly denser from the first one,not that i'm unhappy with it,it's a massive improvemnt from pre op and nothing a second one won't solve.

The first ht photos on the day show a large area covered but grafts were only placed in half the top of my head,incisions were made but the grafts only placed in front half.you can see the darker area at front then the light red at the top were no grafts were.

PB thanks for the comment of not looking like a thug anymore,that was one of the main reasons i had a ht,especially as i run a kids football team & hopefully now look more approachable & dont scare the kids to death when i'm shouting from the touchline.

i've added some more photos of my hair combed better which hopefully helps it to look a bit thicker

post-378-1177096315_thumb.jpg

post-378-1177096371_thumb.jpg

Do you mind me asking what you've told people about you current growth? The reason I ask is as you were pretty much completely bald before, has anyone commented on your now lustrous locks! Did you just tell them that you've decided to let it grow (implying that you were shaved by choice before) or have you told anyone that you've had a transplant. I would be quite interested to know as a lot of guys on here can hide the fact that they've had work done, and as the hair grows quite slowly then people often become accustomed to it, but with yourself, I imagine that was a harder sell?

I hope you don't mind me asking, I'm just really interested in what you've told people.

Anyway, good luck with your 2nd pass dude - it already looks good but another op will really make the difference.

I asked Reyno exactly the same question and he mentioned that no one has mentioned a thing as he previously always wore a hat!

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

Looking at these pictures this is quite a transformation reyno. You were completely bald and now you have a great deal of hair you must be pleased :) Feller has done wonders in my opinion. The way the grafts have been placed is clever by combing it forward you achieve a great look.

You have a solid platform to work from now and as Feller mentioned the next pass will increase the overall look x3

This will act as a fantastic platform for your 2nd session as helpme mentioned. All the best with your 2nd session

BTW we all wish for more density, its called hair greed ;) I don't think i have ever read of one person getting just 1 HT especially a NW 7 ;)

shaft, no one except family knew how bald i really was as i always wore a cap when out,i just told everyone i was fed up wearing a cap and decided to grow it,no ones said a word.The photos don't show it but i did have some hair on top,not a lot but some, it is fantastic when you do compare the pics you don't realize how bald your were, roll on the second ht.

Reyno, that is a great transformation, you look like a different person from pre-op B)

Im sure with a second pass to thicken it up you would be finished, and chasing all the soccer mums around B)