Sign in to follow this  
Lucky

Rogain Foam

Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted much but work and family commitments haven't given me much time to surf recently, hope you're all doing well.

It's nearly 5 months since my HT and I have been on proscar for several months, I am coping with the sides pretty well :( so no plans to stop as I feel it is working as I no longer have that 'shed itch' and my hair does slightly look healthier than before.

I have noticed a little thinning on my swirl at the back of my head which has been more noticeable since my HT (stretching / shockloss?) and before my HT what was left of my fringe was beginning to thin, so I decided to order some rogain foam from the US and it arrived yesterday, thing is, I am worried to use it as I read about severe shedding etc and I can't bring myself to using it.

I have read a lot of positive comments too about minox foam, but i am scared I might ruin what I have gained so far.

I have attached a pic of my pre HT thinning hairline, I thought using minox will strenthen this area and my swirl if I applied the foam there and over my recipient area, I also thought about starting with one dose a day instead of two for the first month to get used to it.

Spex: what is your view on rogain foam?

Thanks in advance

Lucky

post-729-1176940402_thumb.jpg

I'm not using it and don't intend to either - I've had enough of all the hair scam snake oils <_<

Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted much but work and family commitments haven't given me much time to surf recently, hope you're all doing well.

It's nearly 5 months since my HT and I have been on proscar for several months, I am coping with the sides pretty well :( so no plans to stop as I feel it is working as I no longer have that 'shed itch' and my hair does slightly look healthier than before.

I have noticed a little thinning on my swirl at the back of my head which has been more noticeable since my HT (stretching / shockloss?) and before my HT what was left of my fringe was beginning to thin, so I decided to order some rogain foam from the US and it arrived yesterday, thing is, I am worried to use it as I read about severe shedding etc and I can't bring myself to using it.

I have read a lot of positive comments too about minox foam, but i am scared I might ruin what I have gained so far.

I have attached a pic of my pre HT thinning hairline, I thought using minox will strenthen this area and my swirl if I applied the foam there and over my recipient area, I also thought about starting with one dose a day instead of two for the first month to get used to it.

Spex: what is your view on rogain foam?

Thanks in advance

Lucky

post-729-1176940402_thumb.jpg

Lucky,

Because you're not using minoxidil you will definantley shed. It seems the foam is less harsh than liquid minoxidil and has a better vehicle, meaning that more minoxidil will reach you hair follicles. The problem with this is that you will more than likely shed quite badly - sorry!!

I've been on minoxidil for years and I've been researching the foam and I'm not going to switch. My reason is that I can't afford to go through another shed. The shed from the foam seems harsher and will make you hair look worse for longer. I really can't be bothered to go through another 3 -4 months of my hair look like sh*t, as I've just gained back what I lost due to shockloss!!

I wish i had the answer bud! I think if you are going to apply the foam then defo 1 x a day and build up. Shedding is shedding - unpredictable - sorry I can not be of more use on this one - my crystal ball is not working today :P

hi lucky

i have been using the foam for 10 weeks now with no shed,but no sign of any regrowth either

i am only using it on my crown and will give it 6 months.if nothing changes during this time it will

be ht no 4,but this time i will be seeing a proper dr (dr feller).

the foam is easy to apply ,dry"s quickly and i have had no irritation

hope this helps

i am only using it on my crown and will give it 6 months.if nothing changes during this time it will

be ht no 4,but this time i will be seeing a proper dr (dr feller).

You had better get your HT booked then <_<

its looking that way pb,i have to wait because of work and hols,probably oct/nov time

Cheers for the comments gents,

I have taken the plunge and have started to use it, I will apply it once a day for a while and see how it goes.

Lucky

Hmmm, PB do you think I should not use it?

I did try regain solution a few years back for a couple of months with no irritation, I just gave up on the regime at the time

I didn't have any scalp irritation with it either - it just made my hair shed permantently :angry: The worst thing about it is if you use it for a long time (1 year +) and then stop - you are likely to experience rapid shedding, much worse than if you hadn't used it at all. I know a guy that was thinning and he tried it for a year, nothing much happened, no re-growth, not much more loss but as soon as he stopped, it was bye-bye hair. He is completely shiney on top now with a narrow horse-shoe and far too bald to even consider a HT. Even his horse-shoe hair consists of frazzled pube-like hair - his hair at the sides and back was healthy looking before using minoxidil.