orange123

((( Dr Rogers )))

Hi i'm Simon and would like to know some things about Dr Rogers and his work. Is he the best in the UK?, and if i did choose him would it be cheaper to get a personal loan or use his finance service? i emailed him several times from his site and 2 times on this site and not heard any think for nearly a month now? Thanks to anybody who responds to this.

Cheers for your response, I have done a search on here but sadly i didn't find any information about his finance service. I am trying to find this because i only have half the money for the amount of grafts i want :( just wish Dr Rogers would get back to me some time soon! been checking my mail on here about 3 times a day lol

Cheers for your response, I have done a search on here but sadly i didn't find any information about his finance service. I am trying to find this because i only have half the money for the amount of grafts i want :( just wish Dr Rogers would get back to me some time soon! been checking my mail on here about 3 times a day lol

Hi orange, i dont know a great deal about Dr. Rogers but i have not actually heard a single bad thing about him and he does come on this forum a lot, which is good. From the things i have read he does sound like the best in the uk. I dont know what email address youve been posting to but i made an enquiry with them several weeks ago and got a reply the same day :) . As for finance, i think you would be better going for a personal loan everytime, there is some good deals at RBOS at the moment, hope this helps and good luck.

Hi Orange123, I have Dr Rogers' personal email address if you want it. I'm sure he won't mind me giving it to you. Just send me a PM and I'll give it to you. Actually you could just give Dr. Rogers a PM as he's a member of this forum. From my personal experience, I have found Dr Rogers & his staff to be very professional and caring. I think Dr Rogers is an ethical surgeon and is definitely the best in the UK.

i have been doing a lot of research but have been unable to find any evidence that rogers is that good. does anybody have a link to pictures of good work by him?

bal, i understand that you are having some sort of experimental repair work with feller and rogers, why didn't you have the repair from start to finish with rogers instead of going all the way to new york? just curious.

thanks

I haven't heard anything bad about Dr Rogers, then again, with the exception of Jimmy on this site, I've not seen any of his results. Search for Jimmyduk's posts, he seems to have had a good operation with Dr Rogers, obviously, we need to wait a while to see the end results, but it looked good to me.

I would listen to Bal, he's had first hand experience with Dr Rogers and can ably recommend his professionalism.

This isn't a dig at Dr Rogers, but if you are looking for guaranteed results that have been proven, then (IMO) you should look to going abroad. You will see, by reading posts on this site, that some of the best transplant doctors in the world work in the US and Canada - of course there are also some dodgy ones, so if you do go abroad make sure you research.

If you don't have the money and/or you don't want to travel, then I think Dr Rogers will do you well. The fact that he comes on this site, which is more than any other UK surgeons, speaks volumes to me. I have never read anything bad about the man, so he can’t be as bad as other UK surgeons – just make sure that you don’t go to Noble, Norton, H******* ***** etc.

As for finance, I would listen to Jaym. I would imagine that a loan is probably the better option, or an interest free credit card (you can keep transferring the balance). I don't know what Dr Rogers arrangement is with finance, but I've never seen any company offer a good finance deal - again though, have a look around... research.

Mr Anderson, just because Bal didn't have his repair with Dr Rogers doesn't mean he has to have a negative opinion of him. I didn't go with Dr Armani, or Hasson and Wong etc. but, from what I’ve seen, I would still praise their work.

Anyway, keep us informed on what you decide to do Orange123, and good luck to you.

i have been doing a lot of research but have been unable to find any evidence that rogers is that good. does anybody have a link to pictures of good work by him?

I too have done a fair amount and soon realised that the results from Rogers are too limited. The general opinion as far as i can see is that for a world leader to perform on you you need to travel to the US or Canada. I have not seen any actual results from Rogers that have made me think otherwise. Also its cheaper but if travel is a major issue then he is then only Dr in the UK.

but if you are looking for guaranteed results that have been proven, then (IMO) you should look to going abroad. You will see, by reading posts on this site, that some of the best transplant doctors in the world work in the US and Canada

I agree ; there is a reason so many people travel to the US and Canada at the end of the day.

I think Rogers does perform o.k work but is it of the same calibre as the top Dr's? :unsure:

Each to their own.

Hi Orange123, I agree with other members posts that Dr Rogers is by far the best UK HT surgeon, however he is not the world's top surgeon, he is active here in these forums and is keen to prove he is worth considering, I commend him for braving these forums as he does occasionally get some stick from us guys who have travelled to the US or Canada for our treatment, but I do feel he is a little behind the times (meaning where the US surgeons have put together a good photo portfolio he hasn't) however he is aware of this and is willing to document his patients progress subject to their consent.

Hope this helps,

Lucky

Nothing can be said here that hasn't been said many times. Your best appraoch from here is do some more research to get more information. Do not limit yourself to travelling in order to get the best. Run a search on rogers and patient pictures etc to obtian if he is the right surgeon for you. All the best. :)

Hi Orange 123,

I have just been reading your post. I recently 4 weeks ago had a hair transplant with Dr Rogers. You will not find much evidence, this is true about Dr Rogers. He is slowly trying to rebuild the trust and faith back into men in the UK after some clinics in the Uk thought it was in there best interest to take your money and run. I can personally say my expierence with Dr Rogers and his team are first class. As you can appreciate it is early days and I have made an effort to only last week to post detailed information on here with pictures. Run a search on new posts and the topic "Dr Rogers Patient Update " It is all there. Dr Rogers is very laid back and believe me this helped as this was something I did not do lightly. However depending on your hair loss I would suggest you way up the pros and cons. I personally had 1800 grafts done and this has healed remarkbly well. Whatever you choose this is your decision I am sure all the guys on here will help in anyway they can. Any questions PM me.

All the best. jimmydUk

bal, i understand that you are having some sort of experimental repair work with feller and rogers, why didn't you have the repair from start to finish with rogers instead of going all the way to new york? just curious.

thanks

My situation is a particularly unique one and Dr Feller has a greater understanding of it as he has operated on me before (which turned out pretty good :)). He therefore knows my situation inside/out. Also it was Dr Feller who suggested the experimental repair work (which he wants to document) so I wouldn't be doing if I went elsewhere.

No doubt Dr Feller would have wanted to do it all (repair & experiment) but that would be financially impossible due to ongoing travelling expenses. That's why Dr Rogers was approached and I got to say he has treated me very well. Sure the staple cycling is painful and unpleasant, but the staff have been very friendly and supportive. The thing I like most about them is that they have treated me as one of their patients even though I'm technically a Dr Feller patient. This for me says a lot about their practice.

I've been butchered in the past so I know how some places operate, but I've found Dr Rogers to be a genuine guy whose in the industry for the right reasons (i.e. restore hair and not make money for nothing <_< ).

All the best with it Orange. Hope it goes well :) Good for you.

Iv done my research and ready to roll! just need to make the call to Dr Rogers

Can you link us to some of the research/posts/pictures which have convinced you to go with Dr Rogers as it could help other guys out that are starting their research :)

Jimmyduk, did your grafts shed or are they all still there?

Can you link us to some of the research/posts/pictures which have convinced you to go with Dr Rogers as it could help other guys out that are starting their research

I think Hairroot is wanting to see what evidence you have read and seen in order for you to arrive at the decision to have a HT with Rogers Orange?

You have not seen him even for a consultation but have decided to have surgery already with him? :huh:

Hi i'm Simon and would like to know some things about Dr Rogers and his work. Is he the best in the UK?, and if i did choose him would it be cheaper to get a personal loan or use his finance service? i emailed him several times from his site and 2 times on this site and not heard any think for nearly a month now? Thanks to anybody who responds to this.

Anyone else find this a little strange, within less than 24hrs Orange has researched Rogers after no correspondence with Rogers or even a consultation but is ready to roll !! <_<

Hey thanks everyone Iv done my research and ready to roll! just need to make the call to Dr Rogers

Many people take years to do research, read through testimonies, view pictures, meet patients, meet various Doctors for consultations. You seem to have it all figured out over night. Can you inform us how you arrived at your decision to have surgery with Rogers instead of one of the more recognised HT Dr's? Is it because he is in the UK??

Can you also let us know a little more about your situation, age, loss pattern, meds, no. of grafts you feel you need, pictures possibly?

ops! :lol: sorry lol First i looked around his site http://www.rogersclinic.co.uk and read all the bits n bobs on there also watched the patient video too. Then i searched his name on here and found lots of evidence including his patients photos ,story's and also updates. heres one i liked http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.p...wtopic=1713&hl= I Google'd him too but didn't find much. Dr Rogers would be the only HT Surgeon i would go to within the UK because the rest are butchers/salesmen so i have head on here? I hope this has helped you *hairroot* most of you have porb done the same thing or more.

Answer to Comb-over's question's

I'm 20 and first started to notice my hairline receding at 16. My GP said it was stress? My hair at the moment is very thin at the frontal area and thick at the back and sides. I have used Regain Extra Strength but hated it as it made my hair greasy and could style it. I am currently using Nanogen Dark Brown it's okay as a quick fix but wont help me in the long run.

I'd like to say that i haven't just been researching just 2 night! I have been very interested in this procedure for over 2 years now. In the early stages of researching i was in college and couldn't dream of getting any think like this done. The first time i heard about HT's was on "Nobel Clinic's" website and they had very eye catching prices but recently found out on here! that they were butchers and salesmen.

Orange, don't you think you should see some final results from Dr Rogers and other doctors before rushing into this? I think you should see several doctors for consultations and meet with patients so that you can see the results in the flesh before making such a big decision. Well OK, there isn't anybody else in the UK but if you can't go to the US for consultations, I would at least see Spex for a consultation to get a second opinion, even if you do want to go with Dr Rogers. I went for a short trip to New York and saw a few doctors for consultations and I learnt a lot from each consultation. I really do recommend a meeting with Spex - he is extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

After reading your posts I get the impression that you are rushing into this and I think you need to do more research other than Google searches. Forums are full of guys who rushed into getting a HT at your age and have regretted it since - a poor HT can make you worse off than just bald.

Orange, thanks for the feedback. Take on board the advice given by PB and carry on further research in order to confirm to yourself you are embarking into this HT fully aware and informed. If the evidence you have found is more than enough for you :huh: and you feel that Rogers is the only Dr for you then all the best with it but i honestly feel your research has been limited and far from conclusive in my opinion.

Can you list the other Dr's you have researched and give the reasons why you have chosen Rogers over them as i am interested to understand why you have actually chosen Rogers, is it because you are limited to travel and can only have it done in the UK? In all honesty it seems you are young, in the UK and don't feel the need to travel, want a quick fix.

Having a HT at 20 will undoubtedly mean you will need more surgery later on down the line, are you aware of the long term commitment? Are you on any meds in order to prevent further loss?

Having a HT at 20 requires a great deal of planning and its essential when having a HT this young that you and the Dr get it right for the long term. You feel Rogers has the experience for this off the back of the research you have done? :huh:

thanks for your reply bal. it does sound like dr rogers has treated you well. i'd still like to see some pictures of patients a year after their ht with rogers to get an idea of what the results look like. have you had chance to see any of his patients during your visits to dr roger's clinic? sorry for all the questions but i've read so many butcher stories that i'm not sure what to do. i'd go to the usa but i'm not sure if i'd get in as i have a record. it was over 15 years ago though when i was young and foolish. has anybody else had problems getting into the usa with a record? do they ask for a disclosure when you apply for a visa?

Do you mean a criminal record <_< ? If you are a British citizen and have a machine readable passport, you don't need to apply for a visa... all you do is tick "no" for the list of questions they give you on the plane. The only risk would be if you were wanted for something that has happened recently... You could always ring the US embassy and ask...

yes pb, a criminal record <_< although i consider myself a victim of circumstance rather than a criminal. i have pretty much decided on feller after considerable research.

spex: would i lose my deposit if i wasn't allowed into the usa?

I think it would be advisable to look into this prior to going in all honesty beacuse i think if you were not allowed in to the US for whatever reason your deposit would be the least of your worries ;)

Still got most of my grafts from Dr Rogers 4 weeks on. Hopefully not too many will fall out.

:)

Hi mate, could this be your old hair growing back? I see that you mentioned on a previous post that you had the recipient area shaved down. I too had my hair buzzed and after a few weeks I thought that my grafts hadn't fallen out, I then realised that it was just the old stuff growing back - well some of it. I would be surprised if you haven't lost your old grafts, not that I'm saying it hasn't happened, but I've never known it to happen before.

Anyway, the main thing is you sound upbeat, which is definitely a good place to be in. Hope things continue to go well for you dude.

mr anderson

i had a criminal record roughly 15 years ago for quite a few violent related offences.

i went to las vegas last year travelling on my own and florida 2 years ago with my family.

i had no problems and as pb said just tick the no box as i did