Sign in to follow this  
Shaft

4 Weeks Today

Hi guys,

I'm at four weeks today, not much to report really, but I thought I'd add a few photos anyway. Photo one is taken with my hair combed back, and the two other photos show me doing my best Articmonk impression. :)

post-430-1175690614_thumb.jpgpost-430-1175690625_thumb.jpgpost-430-1175690640_thumb.jpg

A few things can be seen from these pictures:

1) The hair that appears to be growing is, I believe, my old grafts coming through. I think that some of these old grafts have gone into shock as the area is thinner than before the operation, however, this could be due to the fact that the hair is still quite short. Hopefully this should be of some comfort PB, you should be fine by the time you get back from your trip around the states. :)

2) I still have a few of the new grafts that haven't shed. I know this because Dr Feller brought my hairline forward and I can still see some little hairs in the new area. Another reason I'm aware of this is because when I rub my head, I still get little hairs stuck to my finger. I do think that most of the new hairs have shed though.

3) I've posted a couple of pictures with how I've been disguising my transplant. They are not perfect, but keep in mind that my hair was still a little damp; I hadn't put any hairspray on it; and the flash makes it look thinner than it does in regular lighting. I hope these help those who are worried about hiding their transplants.

Anyway guys, I doubt I'm going to have any real development for a few months now, but I can post some more pictures in a month’s time if people are interested to see how my old grafts are doing.

Thanks for posting the pics! Great comb-over :D It is very useful to see as I expect to have a similar area buzzed down. Unfortunately I don't have as much hair at the back to comb forward but seeing your pics has definitely given me hope and I'll continue to grow my hair to see if I can pull off a comb-over. If it doesn't work for me then I'll just have to buzz it off. I should be able to keep a patch of my HT #1 hair in the centre front like you.

And it is encouraging to see so much of your old HT hair growing back :D

Great stuff!

PS I booked my flights yesterday :D I'm flying with Icelandic Air to New York via Reykjavik :huh:

Shaft.. really good clear pics.. that good to hear that your previous hair in that area didnt go into shock-loss that must be really a relief. With that extra comfort of existing hair your new growth is going to look spot on! I am looking forward to more updates when it all takes off!

How is your donor area doing? any shock there?

Heal and grow well dude.

B)

p.s forgot to say... thats a great cover-up job! (stay out the wind).

Nice one Shaft...

Your situ is very similiar to mine.....I do exactly the same thing. I'll post my combed back pics and the comb over pics this weekend!!

Never thought...I'll be doing a Bobby Charlton...but there you go...never say never!!!!

Looking good mate, good disguising!

I am very similar to you, old grafts have grown to about 3/4s of inch, my new hairline I have a tiny amount of grafts left.

I like your combover, you have added a bit of a right to left thing in there, I went straight forward but I prefer yours. :D

Hairspray is essential for this look with any gusting winds around and you do end up looking comical in the morning. so if you do get lucky with a MILF - leave before daybreak!!! :lol: Otherwise she ends up waking up with a bloke that looks like that mad professor in back to the future!!! :lol:

I think we should all post our combed back and combed over looks!!! :lol:

Thanks for posting the pics! Great comb-over :D

Cheers bud - I'm hoping that this will be the only time in my life that I'm ever going to need a combover!

PS I booked my flights yesterday :D I'm flying with Icelandic Air to New York via Reykjavik :huh:

I hear Reykjavik is beautiful in June :P Good luck for your op mate.

Shaft.. really good clear pics.. that good to hear that your previous hair in that area didnt go into shock-loss that must be really a relief.

Thanks mate, yeah, I was really afraid at first that all of the hair there was just new hair, but it appears to be growing so I'm now sure it's the old stuff. Like I said, I think I've had some shockloss, but nothing major.

How is your donor area doing? any shock there?

I'll have to get someone to take some pictures of the donor, I keep forgetting about that! I don't think I've had much shockloss around there. My barber mentioned that it looks very good, his words were 'you could have it shaved reasonably short if it wasn't for your other scars!', so all good news for the new scar. I’ll try and get some pictures on here within the next few days of my donor area.

Never thought...I'll be doing a Bobby Charlton...but there you go...never say never!!!!

Cheers for your comments Saggy. I do sometimes feel a little self conscious with the combover, but the way I see it, I'm going to get hairier rather than balder, so if I have to put up with my hair looking thin now, then so be it! Glad to hear your coming along nicely mate.

Looking good mate, good disguising!

Thanks mate, you've been my inspiration! :)

so if you do get lucky with a MILF - leave before daybreak!!! :lol: Otherwise she ends up waking up with a bloke that looks like that mad professor in back to the future!!! :lol:

Mate, I've been shagging them in my beanie for the last few weeks! :D

Anyway, thanks for the positive responses guys. I wish you all the luck with either your upcoming operation or your continued growth.

Looks great Shaft and as you said you will only have to put up with the combover for a few months :)

Anyway guys, I doubt I'm going to have any real development for a few months now, but I can post some more pictures in a month’s time if people are interested to see how my old grafts are doing.

Yeah keep the pictures coming mate we are all hair geeks on here and we all want to see how your getting on :D

Yeah keep the pictures coming mate we are all hair geeks on here and we all want to see how your getting on :D

Cheers my friend. I'm going to be taking them once a month just to keep a track of my progress, so I might as well post them on here. It's amazing when you compare them side to side the difference they make, I didn't realise how much some of my old grafts had grown until I compared the above picture to my 7 day post op picture. Glad to read that your results are starting to kick in.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks really good!

Thanks helpme, appreciate your comments pal.

Hey up Shaft, excellent pics mate, looks like your right on track, and like others say... luv your swiper dude! at least you can conceal the HT mate, I haven't got a choice as I opted for the neo nazi look lol!

All the best mate

Lucky

Cheers St Domingo's and Lucky - appreciate it guys.

I almost went for the neo nazi look myself Lucky :) , if it wasn't for my previous scars in my donor area I probably would have taken it quite close. Oh well, just like my good man Saggy, it's a Mr Charlton for me for the next few months :)

You will be up and running in no time mate - Nice pics! Grow well amigo!!

Shaft,

A quick question mate. I'e noticed the number of grafts you've got, it's pretty similiar to mine. I went for 2500, but ended up with 2900. Have all you grafts been placed around the front, ie the area we can see in the pic with your hair pulled back (temples)?

Most of mine were in the temples / hairline with some in the area in the middle just behind the hairline to give the hairline that added thickness / volume.

It should be an interesting side by side comparison as both of us have similiar hairloss pattern and got similiar number of grafts.

Wow so you went to H******* G**** and noble? You sound as unlucky as me! Bet you cant wait 4 Dr. Feller's to come through, good luck shaft.

Hi mate, I actually consider myself reasonably lucky. Whilst my two Noble operations and my one Wellsbourne (now H******* *****) transplants didn't give me the coverage I wanted, they still helped me gain more confidence. I have been left with some ugly donor scars which I'm going to have to get sorted, and the grafts were pitted too deep, but when you compare my before with some poor other peoples, I think I got off light!

Thanks for your well wishes mate, I appreciate it.

Have all you grafts been placed around the front, ie the area we can see in the pic with your hair pulled back (temples)?

Most of mine were in the temples / hairline with some in the area in the middle just behind the hairline to give the hairline that added thickness / volume.

Dr Feller split my head (not literally :)) into three sections, he had the primary section which was the front area into the temples, the secondary section which was concentrated on my right side just above the temple (left on the photo) and a tertiary section, which went into the middle just behind the small island of hair I have left in the centre. I was really lucky that he was able to get enough grafts to insert in all three areas. If I remember correctly, I had 2500 grafts placed in the primary and secondary section, and 200 in the tertiary section.

It should be an interesting side by side comparison as both of us have similiar hairloss pattern and got similiar number of grafts.

It will definitely be good to compare our progress my friend. I’m sure we’ll both be very hairy in a year! :)

Continued growth to you bud.

Great photos Shaft! That creative comb over works well... won't be for long though as your hairs coming along nicely!

Great photos Shaft! That creative comb over works well... won't be for long though as your hairs coming along nicely!

Cheers my good man. Hope you are well and that the staples aren't giving you too much hassle.

Hi Shaft, liking what i see, it looks really promising at such an early stage, must be good to be able to disguise the work you had done with a combover!!.

By the sounds of it i am going to have a milf hunting partner on the 26th :P

Actually shaft looking at it if them short hairs on your pics are old HT's they actually look very good. U did get off lucky :) I know what you mean about donor scars though they (mine at least) are bad, 2 strip scars are circles, not nice :( :angry:

Yeah bud I hear you. I think people like yourself and poor old BadHair etc. have perfect reasons to hate the companies that worked on you. As I've said before, I'm not happy with the ones that operated on me, as they charged me a lot of money for substandard results, but I'm happier than I was when I was 18 and receding heavily!

Hi Shaft, liking what i see, it looks really promising at such an early stage, must be good to be able to disguise the work you had done with a combover!!.

By the sounds of it i am going to have a milf hunting partner on the 26th :P

Thanks my good man! I am glad that I'm able to disguise it for the most part, don't get me wrong, it would be nicer if I could disguise it like I could before the operation, but that will come in time when the old stuff has grown to the same length as the rest. Then in another year and a half I should have all the new stuff - look out milfs! :)