Sign in to follow this  
jaym

Regency Crown/farjo Medical Centre

I went for a consultation with Regency Crown well before I found the forums just basically to find out more about HT’s and it was actually held at the Farjo clinic on Chorlton Street which I thought was strange too. The guy that I seen that day probably saved my life because he introduced me to Propecia for the first time as id never heard of it before he said you should definitely try Propecia before you think about a HT.

I got put off HT’s that day (until I met spex and the rest of the guys) anyway because the guy I seen had a thin dodgy looking one himself that you could tell a mile off. But if your reading mate cheers you saved my life ;)

He actually seemed like a decent fella, he didnt try and talk me into getting a HT anyway and he introduced me to Propecia so he's a life saver in my eyes :) I cant remember his name though

The guys name is Mick. Can't remember the surname. But i agree with Stevo. There was no hard sell from him at all. I had my first 2 h.t's at farjo in the late nineties.(500 grafts each - that was the norm in those days.)

Far from trying to sell me an ht, he suggested waiting and trying finasteride first. Not sure that would have been the advice from certain other uk clinics :rolleyes:

To get back to the topic though, I do remember him mentioning in conversation a few years back that Regency Crown had ceased and Farjo had taken over their business.

I had one dodgy experience in about 1996 with a Regency Crown rep who drove a couple hundred miles to my house in his flash merc to try and sign me up there and then for an ht. He had a full head of hair and had clearly never had any need for an ht but he tried to show me his donor scar :rolleyes: . Thankfully i smelt a rat and sent him packing.

I had one dodgy experience in about 1996 with a Regency Crown rep who drove a couple hundred miles to my house in his flash merc to try and sign me up there and then for an ht.

This is probably the method the H******* ***** are going to have to start employing! I think they must be seeing a drop in their client base as I had another call from them this week! :ph34r:

This is probably the method the H******* ***** are going to have to start employing! I think they must be seeing a drop in their client base as I had another call from them this week! :ph34r:

:lol: What did you say to them?

:lol: What did you say to them?

They got my answerphone as I was in an interview at the time. This is the third call that they have made to me, and the third time I've missed it! I really want them to get hold of me so that I can ask them about their so called 'new' procedures that I've read on another post. I was tempted to ring them back, but why waste my phone bill on calling them, they've had more than enough money out of me!

Another thing that was amusing, it wasn't Steven Barnes calling (even though he's their salesman), they've got some poor girl phoning people - I bet she gets tons of abuse!

hi jaym

dr farjo is the company secretary for the following companies

farjo medical

regency crown

advanced hair technologys

he /she may be a director or partner for all 3 as well

this basically means it is the same company but trading under different names

pb beat you to the punch and glad to see your going for ht 2

pb beat you to the punch and glad to see your going for ht 2

Yes you did :P Well done!

no probs mate do a google on advanced hair technology and look at the site and their is farjos name.

if farjo is not trading as himself,it may be AHT trading as farjo medical.if i find anything else i will let you know

If you join this forum you can easily contact him as he is the owner of it

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve

Farjo or any UK clinic would not meet the high standards required to be a coalition member, maybe a recommended surgeon on the directory as he will pay for that ; but coalition status <_< I don't think so.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/coali...-physicians.asp

There is a certain criteria :-

This online community was begun by a hair transplant patient (click here to view his story) to help other hair loss sufferers share information and find physicians who provide safe and natural hair restoration results. Along with visiting clinics and viewing actual surgeries, hundreds of hair restoration patients have contributed their experiences and advice over the past several years to determine which physicians are recommended on this site.

Each physician recommended on this site has been carefully reviewed based on the following criteria:

A demonstrated proficiency and commitment to performing follicular unit transplantation.

Dedication to doing state of the art hair transplantation exclusively or at least as the main specialty of the clinic.

Excellent patient results demonstrating a high level of artistry,and naturalness throughout, as well as excellent growth rates.

Reputation of the physician amongst colleagues and former patients.

Length of time the physician has been performing hair transplantation.

Medical training, depth of background, board certifications, honors, credentials, lectures, and published articles and books.

Value - as determined by quality and pricing taken together.

Members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physician are required to meet the following additional criteria:

A demonstrated capability to successfully perform large sessions of ultra refined follicular unit grafting using tiny incisions and grafts that are microscopically prepared.

The ability to dense pack tiny follicular unit grafts in a given area when appropriate.

Mastery and control of the orientation and direction of the transplanted grafts to achieve a completely natural appearance.

Coalition members are carefully reviewed and granted membership based strictly on their high level of integrity, skill, experience and ability to perform ultra refined follicular unit transplantation.

Coalition Physicians perform Ultra Refined Follicular Unit Grafting

While many surgeons now perform follicular unit grafting, only a minority have risen to the challenge of using very tiny incisions and grafts to achieve ultra refined results. Such ultra refined follicular unit grafting, while very demanding on the physician and staff, enables patients to achieve cosmetic density in one pass as well as rapid healing."

As you and other knowledgable patients know, the standards for the ultimate patient friendly hair transplant surgery have shifted higher in recent years. Today clinics on the cutting edge (forgive the pun) should idealy be making very tiny incisions that enable them to dense pack grafts when appropriate for a patient. They should also have the staff and skill to preform large sessions when appropriate for the patient.

In this community this relatively new and patient friendly procedure is described as "Ultra Refined Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation".

Only those physicians who have mastered follicular unit grafting and stepped up to the challenge of performing Ultra Refined Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation with excellent results are eligable for membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

jaym, If you feel you have been mistreated in anyway by any clinic then i would suggest posting the information publically on that forum and HLH in order for others to gain a much greater awareness and allow them to be the judges. This forum is very small compared to the US forums like Pat's forum. There will be many lurkers who reading your story may come forward to share similar experiences <_< . If the information is incorrect then it will be removed. The information shared by you will help many people in my opinion from everything i have read!

Would you want anyone else to be treated the way you have been? Unlikely! Post your experience and inform others who are less informed and have not done a great deal of research, it could be a very important read to someone.

jaym do a google on dr nilofar farjo.she is his wife who is the company sec.

this is the link between the companies

Or what does everybody else think - a PM/email to Pat or a public post?

Or both?

Cheers shaft i will be doing both :)

Yes, I agree, both would be a good idea. Your experience may save many guys from the suffering you have gone through and you may be able to get some advice and support from others who have gone through similar butcherings.

Have you seen this one on HLH (another UK job :rolleyes: ) ? bachstrad

He is going to Feller to get fixed - looks like it will be a challenge for him and not a routine front 1/3 hairline job.

Note that Bachstrad wasn't a Farjo patient.

I read bachstrad's posts and he seems to be a veteran in HT, poor guy, that is a big job for Dr Feller to sort out and he will make him look 100% better