Sign in to follow this  
spitfire

Daily Star On Hairloss!

Reading through the paper today i came across a article on hairloss in the papers health section,in it it gave a few methods on treating hairloss each one given a rating out of ten by Warren Vaheesaran who is described as a "Expert".

1.Hairmax-a high tech laser comb,warren says-Hairmax has got approval in USA by the FDA and scores well in before and after photos.Rating 8 out of ten.

2.Hair plugs-A surgical method taking a patients own hair from their body and transplanting it on the thinning area.warren says-old fashioned technique which gives poor results,can look like dolls hair.Rating 4 out of ten.

3.Regaine-Supposed to work by increasing the blood supply and nutrients to hair follicles helping to stimulate growth.Warrens says-limited results and some say it makes the hair look bad,needs to be used permanently.Rating 6 out of 10.

Has anybody ever heard of this Vaheesaran bloke?,a very old fashioned look at treatments,seems a lot of the outside world still dont know about modern day techniques,just to top this article of you can get a readers offer on a Hairmax comb for 20 % off! :rolleyes:

Reading through the paper today i came across a article on hairloss in the papers health section,in it it gave a few methods on treating hairloss each one given a rating out of ten by Warren Vaheesaran who is described as a "Expert".

The Daily Star has a Health Section! That's as crazy as the Page 3 birds who give there political views in The Sun - great tits though! :)

Erm, back on subject. I wouldn't trust it mate. There's a good chance that the laser people have paid him money. It could be that he's just uneducated, as many people still are, but I'd stick on the cynical side and say that he received a wad of cash for his 'expert' opinion.

I just feel sorry for the people who buy into his words, I hope they research before they spend a couple of grand on laser treatment!

How the hell could they give the lasercomb 8 out of 10?! :blink: And wot no Propecia? They're only missing the most effective, and probably the most hyped, hairloss treatment marketed to date.

BTW Fin (and maybe Minox?) was apparently featured on BBC2 Horizon's programme about cosmetics last night. I only saw the first half of the show, turned over to listen to Evan Davis' series about house prices on Radio 4 (way to tell I'm over 30, huh?)

BTW Fin (and maybe Minox?) was apparently featured on BBC2 Horizon's programme about cosmetics last night.

Yep I saw it. You didn't really miss much, they just stated that it really does make a difference. It had a couple of twins on there (not Pete and Ian :)) and one started the treatment much earlier than the other and had a better reaction to it.

The rest of the program was quite interesting, especially the stuff about colour treated hair.