Sign in to follow this  
jaym

Who Do You Complain To?

I was just wondering if anybody knows of any "governing body" i can complain to about surgery i have had (and the way i have been treated since) what i am unhappy with? I would really appreciate and advise/addresses anyone knows of where i can write to., also any other forums where i can share my stories. One more point, am i right in believing i am legally not doing anything wrong in sharing my stories about clinics on forums?

I was just wondering if anybody knows of any "governing body" i can complain to about surgery i have had (and the way i have been treated since) what i am unhappy with? I would really appreciate and advise/addresses anyone knows of where i can write to., also any other forums where i can share my stories. One more point, am i right in believing i am legally not doing anything wrong in sharing my stories about clinics on forums?

I'm not sure mate, but you might want to pen a letter to watchdog. Every since I saw those posts made by Goeasy I've been tempted to write a letter myself. If enough people write then they'll do a show about it, and that's a good way to make things more public.

If you really don't mind people knowing who you are, then another way would be to try the tabloids - you're local paper would probably be interested in your story, not sure about any of the national ones.

There must be a governing body for cosmetic surgeons, but I'm not sure who it is.

Again, legally, I'm not sure where you would stand, but if you are deemed to be writing slanderous comments then the companies you mention could have a case against you. Although I doubt they would ever pursue it, as they won't want the bad press. That's why I doubt the H******* ***** would ever sue this website, as it would generate too much negative publicity.

Cheers shaft mate thats great. I never thought of watchdog. I guess if enough people wrote they would have to do a programme on it. I may just do that...i try and avoid calling these places names and saying derogatory comments (something i dont think i do) i just want to voice my opinion of the treatment i have recieved so others may look at my posts and maybe think twice about going to them., i guess thats why forums are here. I only wish i had found this forum a while back for advise. I agree there must be a governing body, ive been on google trying to find it (for the last half hour) but i cant :blink: I hopefully will eventually. Again shaft thanks for the reply.

Definately complain publically on these forums if you know for a fact you are in the right and have been mistreated in anyway, physically or psychologically <_< . These clinics need exposing and if a clinic actually made that comment and you can prove it then you can definately expose the b@stards for who they are!!!

you should post the name of the clinic and find a solicitor who will go after the Dr/clinic for damages. You could prevent others making the mistakes you made <_<

Which clinic is it? Norton, Noble, Farjo, THG, ....At the end of the day if your not 1.happy with the work and 2. feel you have been mistreated by this clinic then expose them and let them come on here to defend themselves.

Best thing like BAL did was expose the clinic and if they feel you are in the wrong then they will have to come on to the forums to prove you wrong. I would post the name of the dr, clinic, any facts involved, pictures, etc. Then let that clinic be exposed for who they are. IF they can prove you are wrong then the post will be removed.

If i were you i would also put a post together and post it on www.hairlosshelp.com and www.hairtransplantnetwork.com

These are both very large worldwide forums and your post will get seen by 1000's more people and may prompt others to come forward who have also been to this clinic but have been to scared to come forward :(

A member of the clinic in question (not the surgeon) has actually told me that most of the people on this forum actually get paid some kind of commission for posting positive messages about certain doctors, i must stress this was not the doctor and he was not there...he also said i dont need to go to the US to get a decent HT

Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: what else do you think a UK clinic rep is going to say to you. Does that clinic happen to have even 1 happy patient posting on any forum??????? <_<

Any clinic rep that saID this should be out of a job and the industry!! :angry: Disgusting!!! <_<

QUOTE(helpmyhair @ Dec 14 2006, 05:32 PM)

Im glad im leaving my surgery until next year, new year new start.Though this guy seems a bit unhinged , he has not had a transplant, some sort of repair, only a couple of months ago...then he was told he would need a transplant to cover the area; to disguise the scar...Seems like you should go back to them to finish things off.I came on these sites to get info and was helped a bit, though what is off putting is the amount of shite that is still being put about.listen Jaym sounds like you have had a bit of a sad life, hope you get your head together.Tho i think you need a head doctor rather than a hair transplant

People post on all the forums good and bad..are they all paid!! :lol: . This person needs exposing big time. If he is not a Dr then what is the problem.

Why doesn't this clinic rep present his work on the various forums of all his satisfied UK patients to back up his comments ??? <_< <_<

:lol: Commission???? so when do we get paid?

JayM, if I was you I would ask the moderator for helpmyhairs IP address, if it leads to that clinic or an employee's address then I would sue the arses out of them, and at the same time get a phyciatric report to prove you are stable, even if you are a raving looney that doesn't give them the right to botch you up!

It's obvious that this one time poster is out to discredit you, and for the clinic to say that we are commisioned (barring spex, who is totally straight about this and we all agree is totally justified) then they are libleous, what next, the other posters stories and horror photo's are ficticious, cheeky feckers!

If this person comes forward and owns up to it and apologises i will delete all my posts about it.

will never happen

just tell him that you will expose him and his clinic and ask him what he is going to do about it <_< get some compensation from the pri@k

otherwise expose him on every forum everywhere for the comment he made and the awful surgery performed

As a victim of more than on UK HT clinics I know what you're going through. You can always share who this person is, get a few people together and kick the sh*t out of him!! I for one, would be in!! Although not an advocate of violence, the amount I've suffered, the money I've spent, the easy at which these salesmen have exploited me (and others) with no afterthought beggars belief!!

For them it's purely a pay cheque, doesn't matter how many people they destroy......I get so angry thinking about it.....!!

Is there an actual reason why you do not want to expose this person for his comment / actions?

Would anyone want to go to this clinic with this kind of after care service...............? :unsure:

actually told me that most of the people on this forum actually get paid some kind of commission for posting positive messages

ROTFLMAO!!! :lol:

I think you will find; many satisfied patients document their results for their results to be judged by the worldwide HT communitytime, after time, after time, after time.. this in turn attracts positive comments as the results are excellent. But these results are by top class surgeons and not by UK clinics such as the one this salesman works for. Therefore he wouldn't be used to seeing or hearing positive comments.. this is why they MUST all be paid posters in his eyes. ;)

What a joke this guy is can you imagine the rubbish he spins to guys who have not been on the forums!! <_< These forums must frustrate the hell out of him as he can't even register as himself and present any of his clinics work either due to the fact he knows only too well its nowhere near the level of even an average HT clinic nevermind the worldclass clinics like Feller, HW, Shaprio, Rahal:lol:

How else can he justify all the forums to himself and perspective patients all thes ehappy patients must get paid ;)

Jaym, i think you have good reason to expose this weasle. Just give us the clinics name.I don't understand why you haven't done it already.. :huh: I don't think it will come as any suprise to anyone.

I complained to the GMC and they were really helpful,

i don't think that trying to sue them is a good idea they seem to have it

pretty well tied up in the legal department, Don't let these people intimidate you

they tried that with me,they soon found out iwas the wrong person to try that shit on :angry:

contact the gmc and ask there advice.

Jaym i appreciate your frustration but i don't think the admin/owner of the forum will be able to give out IP addresses. I think in all honesty you need to dicuss this matter directly with the clinic involved and explain your concerns regarding the situation to them directly rather than having it all discussed here.

I truly hope that you can all come to some agreement with regards to this matter.

Jaym i appreciate your frustration but i don't think the admin/owner of the forum will be able to give out IP addresses. I think in all honesty you need to dicuss this matter directly with the parties involved and explain your concerns regarding the situation to them directly rather than having it all discussed here.

I truly hope that you can all come to some agreement with regards to this matter.

Thanks spex, i have spoken to them. All i am doing is trying to get advice off other people who have been treated this way, and got lots of replies and advice and tons of useful information...i think forums aren't just for getting advice on where to get a decent ht, but also the other end about what to do if it goes wrong...which is all i am doing. I have all the info i need now anyway thanks so i wont post anymore messages in this topic, but if you can imagine going to one of these places and them saying you have "had a sad life" and need "a head doctor" you too i think would be annoyed (and want cast iron proof where its from), thanks again for all replies...

I don't think you should delete anything, not if it's true It can only be considered slander if what you are saying isn't true. They can't take any legal action against you for telling the truth about what they did to you. The places BAL mentioned are good places to start with - I would also complain to the ISHRS http://www.ishrs.org/ishrs-contact.htm and have the doctor struck off.

If this person is emailing you and offering you discount surgery, he is obviously worried. Tell him that if he pays for your repair work in the US including travel and accomodation, then you will delete all your posts and keep quite about it. A mere apology isn't going to undo the disfiguring you have gone through - make the b@stard pay for a professional repair job by a real HT surgeon in the US.

Oh, and PM me with who it is that said we are all getting paid for posting positive comments, this person should be sued for slander. It's pretty obvious that Dr Feller would be bankrupt by now if he was paying everybody for every positive comment made here. That is slander if this person is telling members of this forum that people are being paid for posting positive comments here - I have a receipt for my HT that I paid for in full - and credit card bill.