Sign in to follow this  
sagg321

Bit Of A Dilemma.....rogaine Foam

Hi guys,

Just advice or thoughts really. I'm coming to the end of my Dr Lee minoxidil supply and started thinking about rogain foam. I've read a lot guys who had plateud with liquid minoxidil liquid were seeing results with foam. I've always been a v. good responder to minoxidil, but I too have reach the maintainance stage with the liquid.

Thing is, I had a HT just over 4 weeks ago, so as you can imagine I'm at the worst stage of my journey.

I've had to have my hair buzzed down in some of the recepient area and I've also suffered some shock loss in the recepient area this time around.

I want to start the foam, but part of me thinks if I start now and experience the shed I could end in a quite bad way. Don't know whether I'll be able to disguise my HT and all the above combined might my hair look really bad. The positive is that in about 3 months time, both my HT and my regrowth from the foam will kick in the same time and my hair will improve dramatically in the one go

Alternative is stick to regular minxoxidl and wait until the HT has grown back (well most) and then start on the foam, but then I'd go through a shed and the whole thing could last for months on end!!

Decisions...decisions....

For those of you who started the foam, have you

1) experienced a lot of shedding

2) if you have experienced shedding has the change in your hair become comestically noticeable?

Thanks in advance..........

Basically you will never know till you try.

I don't know too much about Minox foam as i have never used it but if you are already a minox use then i would have thought the foam wouldn't onset a shed as your hair is already used to the minox.

Shedding is shedding - unpredictable. I have had many sheds over the years and will continue to do so - so will we all. You just have to ride them out <_<

My opinion would be if you are going to get on the Foam anyway i would start it sooner rather than later. Thats only my opinion - as who is to say you will defo shed - unlikely as you are a minox user already ;)

<_<

The foam is getting some good reviews. The Rogaine website claims the foam has an 85% success rate. I've ordered some myself, but Minoxidil Direct hasn't shipped yet :(

Seeing as the active ingredient is exactly the same 5% minoxidil that's in the extra strength solution, I don't see how it could have any better or worse effect. The only difference is that it's foam instead of a solution and has something in it to make it smell better. But seeing as I haven't used it (and I'm not going to either <_< ) - I won't say any more about it.

Seeing as the active ingredient is exactly the same 5% minoxidil that's in the extra strength solution, I don't see how it could have any better or worse effect. The only difference is that it's foam instead of a solution and has something in it to make it smell better. But seeing as I haven't used it (and I'm not going to either <_< ) - I won't say any more about it.

I think the reason why a higher success rate is cited is because it's much easier to apply than liquid, dries quickly etc., so people actually apply it properly and consistently.

I know it's a risk based on your experience PB, but I desperately, desperately need more help at the temples :( so I'm gonna take that risk.

The foam is great, I appear to be responding well within 3 months. :D

hi guys

just wondered where the cheapest place to get this rogaine foam is?

is it pricey?

hi guys

is it pricey?

Only one supplier in the UK, Minoxidil Direct. Google it.

hi guys

is it pricey?

Only one supplier in the UK, Minoxidil Direct. Google it.

Also keep a eye on ebay, I just bought 3months worth for £28inc p&p