Sign in to follow this  
muckyfinger

1 Year Pics

it was a year ago since i was in the chair. Spex would you mind forwarding these onto Dr Feller?

Im happy with the results and have absolutely no regrets :D

Can you also please upload the pre HT pics for us to make a good judgement. Currently I dont think these are that good.

Just my opinion. No offence intended.

Glad to hear you're pumped mate B) - You still have months of maturing ahead of you as well!! :) The fact YOU are pleased with the results is the main objective, dont take armchair comments to heart ;) - Nice clear outside shot, thanks for sharing! The transformation is great so far B)

Looks very natural, a little on the thin side but the main thing is that you feel happy with the results which appears to be the case and rightly so. You can always leave it to mature and hit any thin spots with a second pass like everyone does. I would get a good hair cut to thicken it up a bit as it looks like your in need of one. Funny how some guys get all this hair and then dont seem to realise that they can now style it :D

How far back did Dr Feller place the grafts as it looks like he worked back quite a way. Do you have an immediately post op picture?

I honestly didn't intend any offence and neither was it an armchair comment. Obviously if you're happy with the result that's great. My point was just that it is still looking quite thin, ie you can see quite a lot of scalp after a whole year. But maybe that's what you wanted from your first round, just coverage over the scalp rather than density. Do you know what you density is?

Again, apologies if my comment sounded discouraging, I was just providing an honest and objective opinion.

lol i dont get offended by 'negative' comments, the HT has changed my life and 1 comment wont get to me :D

I wanted scalp coverage rather than density, and my HT went back roughly half way.

No i dont have any immediate post op pics.

lol i dont get offended by 'negative' comments, the HT has changed my life and 1 comment wont get to me

Hi Muckyfinger,

I don't think Sagg was offering 'negative' feedback my friend, just offering his opinion. It's so easy to be misunderstood with the written word.

Anyway, you hair is a great improvement on your pre-op photo - glad you're happy mate, it's always good to hear that someone has had their life altered for the best, ultimately that is what a good transplant should do.

All the best to you pal.

Hi:

I think the results are pretty good and definitely an improvement. We do need to know the number of grafts, the type of procedure, etc before we can make any comments though.

Thanks

Paul

I wanted scalp coverage rather than density, and my HT went back roughly half way.

Mucky had 2500 grafts via strip and his no.1 goal was coverage with what Dr Feller could achieve from his donor area in one safe pass.

I will work on getting his immed post op pics to see the entire area worked on. This session wasn't all concentrated in the front hairline zone, or even the front 1/3 but the front 1/2+ - Hence utilising the grafts over a larger surface area to create natural coverage ;) not density.

Everyones goal is different remember, with different limitation, expectations,goals, requirements etc...

Mature well Mucky B)

P.S -Mucky, Can you email me :)

Here comes that important comment - (Suprised you didn't mention this Spex ;) )

You are at the 1 year stage ( Me too in 2 weeks! Hoorah!) Doctor F told me in London the other week that the hair shafts themselves will now thicken as they get older. So, taking that into consideration, you should review the situ at the 18 month point before making any definitive comments as to the density of it.

I certainly will not be considering any second passes in the front where I had mine until 18 months.

Agree with the comments about getting a hair cut !

Glad you are pleased with it !

Here comes that important comment - (Suprised you didn't mention this Spex )

Theres only so many times i can repeat the same thing ;)

8 - 16 months

Hey muckyfinger, thanks for the 1 yr pics.. I'm glad your satsified with your HT and that it has changed your life. I personally think you have had a good positive improvement. It is a little thin in places but still looks 100 times better than before. The guys have given you great advice on getting a decent haircut. I guess styling depends on whether your a repair/butchered case or not. Were you a virgin scalp? 2500 for your frontal half sounds a little on the low side to me. At 12 months, I think it is safe to assume that you have had all your growth but maturing over the next few months will certainly aid coverage.

2500 for your frontal half sounds a little on the low side to me.

Appropriate donor management is vitally important as not everyone has great donor ;) The appropriate approach was decided on for Mucky off the back of his personal limitations and his personal goal, without jeopodising him or his long term HT plans :) Rememeber guys everyone is different ;)

Yeah thats true.. people have different donor capacities. I'm sure Dr Feller went to get as many grafts as possible and he is excellent at distributing them for best coverage. I've seen a lot of NW 5/6 cases in which Dr Feller has covered in a 3000 graft session. Pretty impressive really.

Some more pics through from Muckyfinger :)

Pre op

IPB ImageIPB Image

1 Year post op

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks for these Spex. Now these look miles better than the first pic. A massive improvement and with some maturation stipp to come should be a good job.

Has he had a hair cut, becuase long hair can clump together and make the hair look thinner.

What a difference Muckyfinger, well done! You certainly will have more maturing to come though as well. The difference between now and your pre op situation is dramatic as you have a substantial amount of hair going on up there :)

Congrats!!

Looks good to me, i asked my wife to look at youre pic

and said what do you see, she said a guy with black hair,

she didnt say i dont know a bald guy, so as far as ime concerned

youve cracked it ,well done mate, if youre happy thats all that counts :)

I think it looks great muckyfinger

My situ pre op is similar to your's and id be more than happy with what you have now B)

Good pics mate and continue to grow well