Sign in to follow this  
Shaft

Cheap Dutasteride

I've been trying to find a cheap way of buying Dutasteride, without going to an internet pharmacy - as I don't trust that they'll supply me with the correct drugs.

I've read somewhere that Dr Ashcroft supplies them for £300.00 per six months, equating to £50.00 a month. I assume he adds a handling charge, as the list price is £43.73 for a pack of 30 capsules (or so my Doc told me).

I took this prescription to Boots who quoted me a price of £33.83. When I asked why they do it cheaper than the list price, the lady explained that Boots don't charge VAT on private prescriptions, and for prescriptions over £24.99 they give an extra 10% discount.

So 365 / 30 = 12 packs a year (rounding to the nearest unit). 12 x 33.83 = £405.96 for a years supply. This is cheaper than the £500.00 the H******* ***** charged me, and much cheaper than the £800.00 they quoted me not so long ago!

Hope this helps.

PS - Please can someone let me know if they have found (legitimate) Dutasteride cheaper elsewhere.

I've been trying to find a cheap way of buying Dutasteride, without going to an internet pharmacy - as I don't trust that they'll supply me with the correct drugs.

I've read somewhere that Dr Ashcroft supplies them for £300.00 per six months, equating to £50.00 a month. I assume he adds a handling charge, as the list price is £43.73 for a pack of 30 capsules (or so my Doc told me).

I took this prescription to Boots who quoted me a price of £33.83. When I asked why they do it cheaper than the list price, the lady explained that Boots don't charge VAT on private prescriptions, and for prescriptions over £24.99 they give an extra 10% discount.

So 365 / 30 = 12 packs a year (rounding to the nearest unit). 12 x 33.83 = £405.96 for a years supply. This is cheaper than the £500.00 the H******* ***** charged me, and much cheaper than the £800.00 they quoted me not so long ago!

Hope this helps.

PS - Please can someone let me know if they have found (legitimate) Dutasteride cheaper elsewhere.

So where did you get your prescription?

So where did you get your prescription?

Hi Pondle,

I got my prescription from my doctor. Ordinarily he wouldn't have supplied me an unlicensed drug for hair loss, but I proved to him that I had been taking the drug for two years (with receipts and one of the boxes). As I've had no side effects he had no problem with prescribing it to me.