Sign in to follow this  

Tim_uk's Post

Timuk Feb 13 2007,

Just wanted to say... cheers guys for all the info and answers.. so it the good old USA for me.. so whats the first step.. I see this guy called Spex posting on here and for want of a better word seems to be a Guru for "us" victims of the Uk butchers..so spex, if you read this... help..please..

This may sound strange but I really dont mind the idea of being bald.. maybe that is because it would be a better option than the mess that now is my head !! All I am really looking for is some sort of normal hairline that suits a 40 years old so I can keep it short.., not looking to have the hair I had when I was 18, the scars at the back dont bother me as I cant see them...when I do have the hair cut short I know it looks like steps and people think its just some 40 year old guy trying to be trendy... no I do not have a gold medalion and open neck shirt..

Maybe a silly question, but how many grafts for a basic hairline, 500, 1000, 1500...

Also, again, I dont seem to have seen my Butcher (The Hair Clinic, JB &C on here ?)

Only one more comment as I am sure you are all bored by now !!

I just wanted to add that even though I am still in the same situation with regard to my hair just reading and being able to tell people about how I feel etc has made a difference.... cheers to all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IPB Imagespex

Hi Timuk and welcome aboard!!- I am more than happy to help you out in anyway i can! Best send me over some pics of your situ or put them up on here Alternatively the best option is for us to hook up as then i can offer more accurate advice with regards to the best way forward for you as then i will have all the info - Your situ, your goal, donor available, hairs charateristics etc - A chat 1-2-1 goes a long way espesically with a repair guy as i am sure a few guys will confirm - As it will really allow us to talk it all through with all the info

Here is a UK repair case - You are not necessarily the same as this as i haven't seen your situ and your goal sounds different but hopefully it will help a little.

Repair patient BadhairUk

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.p...wtopic=1472&hl=

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.p...wtopic=1664&hl=

Also look up AJG's pics on the recent London Openhouse topic :)

Maybe a silly question, but how many grafts for a basic hairline, 500, 1000, 1500...

Not a silly question at all mate - depending on the individuals personal goal, existing hair, donor supply, hairline position, existing density - approx 1000+ grafts for the hairline zone. This varies though from patient to patient depending on all these variables. Each individual is different Being a repair patient aswell adds other variables as old school work might be better off being removed or dense packed around in order to camoflauge appropriately/effectively, this is turn might require more grafts. Remember every patient is different with different needs and goals especially repair guys.

Here is a link to a few various hairlines by Dr Feller that might help: Hairlines

Hope this helps!

Spex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IPB ImageShaft

(spex @ Feb 13 2007, 10:57 PM)

A chat 1-2-1 goes a long way espesically with a repair guy as i am sure a few guys will confirm - As it will really allow us to talk it all through with all the info

TimUK, you should definetely meet with Spex. I met with him and he took some photo's to send to Dr F and also advised me what he thought I needed - he was pretty spot on as well!

Best of all, you will feel so much better having spoken to someone who understands the situation, and Spex has been there and worn the t-shirt. I think you might also be impressed by his results, or jealous if you're like me!

You also mentioned The Hair Clinic, JB &C - I've never heard of them, but if you get time, jot down your story on this forum. That way if anyone is planning to book in with them, but checks here first, then they'll have your example to save them. In a perfect world, we can stop these a**sholes from getting anymore clients!

Keep us informed on how it goes - all the best.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timuk

Just a little note to say Cheers To You All... Shaft, Specs and all..what a great site this is.. Do you guys realise what a fantastic service you provide.. first time I have smiled about my hair in years.

Keep it up..

Specs, thanks for the info and will be in touch.. not top good with the Old PC but will try and post some pics very soon..

Specs... anyone... wow, just amazed myself...managed to attached some pictures, may have been the long way round as had to take with my phone then email to myself and then attached...

Sorry the pics are not too sharp but may give some idea...

I have some whispy natural existing hair on my hair line then the plugs start about 20mm back ... one depressing thing is that its the first time I have examined them in a long time as I tend to only look at my hair quickly in the morning as I gel it back... I think this makes it look better but thats just my opinion...

I have just noticed how much the cobble stone effect shows now... (think thats the right word for it..)

I did try Toppik last year which did seem to work at first but then I noticed it seemed to make my plugs stand out more.. the "toppik" that made its way to my scalp seemed to gather in the "hollows" around the plugs and made them look worse... so.. no more toppik..

Like I mentioned before I have an idea that if I could just thinken up the hairline at the front (where the whispy hair is) then it would make my "front on view" better ?? Maybe some advice here please..

Also, I really am not bothered about the balding crown but would like to get to a "place" where I could cut the hair short...

Will stop here as I suppose I should first of all listern to what advice you guys can give me..

One more thing... would prefer that thingy called fue.. is that the way to avoid the strip and staples etc... or am I just adding to my wish list again .........

Cheers

post-1025-1171528695_thumb.jpg post-1025-1171528762_thumb.jpgpost-1025-1171528854_thumb.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IPB ImagePB_

I think you need more grafts than would be possible with FUE... My estimate judging from those pics would be around 2500 into the front 1/3... With that existing hair you would get a great result.

-------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IPB ImageBadHairUK

(PB_ @ Feb 14 2007, 09:43 PM)

I think you need more grafts than would be possible with FUE... My estimate judging from those pics would be around 2500 into the front 1/3... With that existing hair you would get a great result.

agree with PB that with u'r existing hair u will have a more fuller result with just 1 pass than some of the front 1/3rd patients that are filling a completely bald zone. I think u have a really good base for a Dr Feller special!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IPB ImageTOMMYTWO

2500 grafts would give great result to front third!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IPB ImageBadHairUK

(Timuk @ Feb 12 2007, 12:04 AM)

Any advice on Dr Cole.. have visited his site and he has a clinic in Belgium (I know, there I go again about not going to far and yes I get it that the cure I need is across the Atlantic).. but after some of the ridicule I have received about my hair I guess I am just trying to avoid more attention...

Hi TimUK, I considered Dr Cole as one of the top 3 Dr's when I was researching my own HT as I had been reading and seeing pics of some great work of his. Whilst I was doing this I read the more USA based forums and read many posts by Dr Cole.. and also many posts concerning Dr Cole. Its no doubt he is one of the best HT Dr's, but I wasn't happy with the feedback from many people that have met him in person. He is not a people kind of person.. what he says goes and this is very unlike Dr feller that will want to hear your own thoughts and what you would like from the HT procedure.

I also couldn't believe how someone so professional at the top of the game could type such childish and slanderous remarks on the forum! (I managed to read a few of his posts before the moderator deleted them.. and they were quite nasty) and he was accused of stretching the truth on many occations. this marked him off my list.

I then found out he had a long term partner for over 6 years called Dr Mwamba, I read some very good posts and he sounded a very encouraging option as he was based in Belgium (but distance to travel shouldnt be of any concern with a HT.. at the time I was like u and wanted to find a Dr close by, but I have seen the light..lol). I sent my pics to him and then we spoke on the phone a few times and he sounded very compassionate towards me as I had such bad work by Nobel and he really wanted to fix the bad work they did!

I then started to search all the forums to find out more about Dr Mwamba and speak to some of his patients.. but sadly I found that the Belgium Clinic was only a year old and he had nothing to show me of his work?! I was a newbie in the HT world as I had my 1st HT over 10 years previously, so I knew very little about FUE, FIT, TRICHO Closure etc. I did know that FUE wouldn't leave a scar so I asked him if he could do this for my HT. He was a bit unsure what to say and then offered me 3000 FUE over 2 days!! (1500 a day!!!) I wasn't aware this was a crazy thing to do for my own personal HT as I had a large area that needed work and FUE is generally a 'final' process to 'fill in' areas you want touching in.. and not really meant to be for a mega session. Also this would have left my old strip scar un-repaired.

I asked Dr Mwamba that if I had a strip procedure would he use Tricho closure? He told me he was not experienced with this procedure and would have to ask another Dr to take over for this if I required this.

Overall Dr Mwamba was a very nice guy and spoke kindly and wanted to do the best for me, but although he had 6 years experience with Dr Cole.. he was too inexperienced as a Solo Dr for me.

Cutting a long story short.. In the end I decided to go with Dr Feller.. I was a repair patient and this was his bread and butter with Tricho and also his HT results I have seen were really natural. Its early days for me to see the results but looking forward it.

I hope this info helps... sorry it was a long read

Hi Tim

At long last I have found somebody else that went to the same butcher as me! The Hair Clinic @ JB&C in Wigmore Street! Dr Feller has since sorted me out. Search for my post to see what a mess my hairline was in! I have the same pits, the same problem with Toppik laying in the pits, and a whole load of scars at the back of my head as they always did their strip from a new site!

You need a strip - Dr F can revise some of your scars - He did it with me with tricho closure, I agree with putting loads in your front third, grow it long, get on Propecia, and then brush your hair back.

Happy to meet up so you can see my journey one year later almost, if you are near London just to share our opinions of Mr C. Perhaps we could meet in his reception? B*****d !! If you find his website now, no pictures at all. I wish the web was around when I made that mistake in 1993 !

AJG

TimUK - looking at your pics it does appear that you would certainly benefit from a larger session than FUE can offer. Its all about utilising your donor area to its maximum potential and this would be via strip (tricho closure).

This way you could essestially harvest the appropriate number of grafts needed and also remove some of the previous scaring at the same time.

You appear to warrent a 2500 approx session into your front 1/3 - but it obviously all depends on your personal goal and requirements. Being a repair patient YOU may slightly require more grafts than if your were a virgin scalp due to the previous work.

Obviously its impossible to give you a highly accurate assessment off these pictures alone - this is only an approximate.

Like i mentioned previously though i am more than happy to meet up with you and give you a more accurate assement and get into your mind ;) of what it is you essentially want to achieve from your possible next surgery.

Here is a rough outline: Factors like donor availability and potential further loss will play apart it the actually finally number potentially used.

Keeping your hairline in appropraite position is important due to age and possible further loss - (is all about supply and demand) - You have to think like a snooker player - 5 shots ahead ;)

IPB Image

Approx breakdown

IPB Image

AJG - Repair case 10 months post op - 2500 grafts

pre op -

IPB Image

post op 10 months

IPB Image

IPB Image

and those piccies of me taken at the open house last month is with my hair at grade 4 on top. I am actually growing it at the moment, and it is really thick. The combination of the old HC@JB&C f**k up and the new Feller HT has given me v good coverage.

Thanks for that last pic Spex :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They just cant get it right in the UK :rolleyes:

Tossers!

AJG is a very similar case... A year from now Tim_uk could be a handsom stud like AJG is now :D

timuk i would also recommend seeing spex as he is a really nice guy who will not try and sell you a ht.. far from it :)

ajg you look great well done :D

Hi guys.. feel like this is like a night at the Oscars.. so many people to thank..

BadHairUk.. Not too much to read, as far as I am concerned the more the better at the moment..so keep the messages coming...

Pb.. cheers.. now dreaming about becoming that handsome stud...

TonyTwo... thanks for the info..

Goeasy..cheers also...

AJG... would love to swop stories about The Hair Clinic...just dug out the paperwork ( god knows why I kept it)..My butchering was started on 6th October 1992..longer ago than I thought..paid around £2500.. just noticed that salesmans name on the form..Ken Simmonds..now it all comes back..the promises etc..I would love to meet this guy again..what a w****r........and the guy who ran (runs) that clinic Mr Chris Headland... AJG ..would love to meet in his reception..only thing is I think it would all end in tears...and blood.. oops...

Also AJG.. the hair looks great....Bet your confidence is up 10000000%...I really do mean cheers for the info..has given me hope..

I will post a better account of The Hair Clinc @ JB&C on the forum "Clinics to avoid"..

Specs.... and cheers for all your advice and the work you have done on my photos.. yep..It would be great to meet..how do I arrange it..AJG, fancy coming along..we could drop by central London on the way back and pay a visit ? (joking but just think it would be fantastic..) One more question for you Specs.. I am in a lucky position where I could probably take a couple of months off work.. could I expect most of the signs to be cleared in that sort of time ? There are many others questions, not too sure if better posted or left until we can arrange a meeting..

Cheers ALL

Spex.... and cheers for all your advice and the work you have done on my photos.. yep..It would be great to meet..how do I arrange it..AJG, fancy coming along..we could drop by central London on the way back and pay a visit ? (joking but just think it would be fantastic..) One more question for you Spex.. I am in a lucky position where I could probably take a couple of months off work.. could I expect most of the signs to be cleared in that sort of time ? There are many others questions, not too sure if better posted or left until we can arrange a meeting..

Drop me an email - email in signature ;) and we can sort something out - I am in London end of Feb.

2 months of work - - you don't know how lucky you are :) - this would be ample time imo! The biggest factor that prevents people having surgery once they have researched and found a good DR is the down time assosiated with it - 2 months is ample

Sorry guys to drag this old thread out... but have been looking for this for a while..

It amazes me how far I have come since I started to post on here..

All the help and advice I have received... just wish I had gone to see Doctor Feller sooner.. but circumstances did not allow it.

For anyone new looking in an HT or a repair... you cant go far wrong by contacting Spex and the other guys who are on here... BigMac, PB etc etc.. the list is endless.

Suffering from Post Op Blues at the moment... thats the main reason I searched for this old thread.. reminds me of how I felt and is a great help in cheering me up at the moment as it drives home why I took the route I did.

Cheers all

TimuK

Tm UK

Mate,

I had my 2nd HT on the 7th of April, a day before you and I too am suffering my man, from the post of blues!! I'm blues song should be written about this topic that we can use to get through this! I've lost all my transplanted gratfs and has some shock loss in the recepient area, so I'm really looking like an ugly duckling right now, especially with my hair buzzed down, I can't cover up!

A couple more months mate mate and we'll be laughing!! :D

Hi sagg..

Good to hear from you.... your right, in time all will be good..

Funny, I also thought about a Post Op Blues Song !

You had your HT the day before me (I noticed on your thread you saw a different Doc).. have been chatting with NTW and John-boy, there were with Feller on the previous Thursday and Friday. Seems like there were a few HT guys around... did not get to see anyone as think we were all hiding away.. NTW is in the same situation as us but John-boy seems to have done much better, sounds like after just 2 weeks he is almost back to normal... luck of the draw I suppose...

Cheers mate

Tim