Sign in to follow this  
couta

My Photos

ok guys here goes gonna try and post a few pics of my thinning crown and receeding hair line to see what yer think

post-358-1171494868_thumb.jpgpost-358-1171494907_thumb.jpg

and one with the flash on :o

post-358-1171495033_thumb.jpg

tbh always had the high hairline so that doesnt bother me ,but the thinning on top really does,i only notice it when i was lookin thru some photos of me holdin my new born and the top was thick,and that was about 3 and a half years ago :o so i think i am gonna have to try proscar or sommat before its to late!!!!(hopefully its not)

comments plz fellas,need some advice cheers

ps hope its in right section!

hi Couta. there will be a few experienced guys to advise you with meds as I havent taken any myself. I have read of people seeing the best results with meds in the crown so this is the area that would benift you the most. Whats the history of hair loss in u'r family?

You should look into getting on Propecia/proscar in order to maintain your hair and hopefully thicken it up over time - You should be on this for at least 8/12 months before contemplating a HT, if at all - especially into your crown.

Propecia (finesteride) doesn't really help regrow in the front but it can certainly help the mid / crown - All the best!!

hi Couta. there will be a few experienced guys to advise you with meds as I havent taken any myself. I have read of people seeing the best results with meds in the crown so this is the area that would benift you the most. Whats the history of hair loss in u'r family?

my mams side have thin hair and her brother is about bald ,but my dads side is fine and he as a full head of hair at 62 :blink:

my mams side have thin hair and her brother is about bald ,but my dads side is fine and he as a full head of hair at 62 :blink:

I wish my Dad had a full head of hair.. :unsure: follow spex advice and you should be seeing some thicking in the crown in 8/12 months of so.

All the best with the meds.

My father died when he was 37 :unsure: (all males in the family have died before 40 too :o so I'm on extra time :unsure: )

I don't know if he would have been bald or not because he had had several surgeries for a brain tumour and his head had been severely butchered - he looked like he'd had a Norton HT with all the scars and holes for drainage tubes in his head.

I wish my Dad had a full head of hair.. :unsure:

You could get him hair for Christmas if you send him to New York for a HT now :P

ok guys been on proscar for about 13 months now,stopped taking for a month nov to dec,and tbh dongt no if its helped,i think its alot thinner now,gonna try and post sum more pics up to compare ;)

post-358-1209245134_thumb.jpg post-358-1209245174_thumb.jpg

and one with flash on

post-358-1209245279_thumb.jpg

hairs a wee bit longer

what do yous think,cheers fellas

Its hard to tell with the lighting you have used in the latest pics.. but in my opinion going by the pics u have taken it looks thicker than it did in the before pic.... (but sure doesnt look any worse in the crown to me?)

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.p...pe=post&id=1955

This after pic looks thicker to me...

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.p...pe=post&id=2862

Can you try taking some better clearer pics... see Richies guide! lol ;)

I'd say that you have at least maintained, who knows without the meds you could have been pretty bald by now. :unsure:

i think you should have stayed on the meds as it did look like your hairloss was stabilsed.

still on the meds bud,just stopped for a month betweed nov dec,(went to docs for a check up on ma nuts,and thought there was a lump :blink: alclear thou ;) )started back on 2 jan this year

Cant believe I been takin fin this long!! But think I have made a mistake coming off it for a year,just started back on it just before Xmas,I think it was may be feb 15 I came off fin, can't remember why I did, maybe thought it wasn't doing any thing, but fast forward to now and I think I have had a massive shed,i I'm just hoping getting back on fin it will halt it and start thickening back up to what it was!!got some fin sorted off dr so fingers crossed