PB_

Plan Of Action For Ht #2

Here's the picture of my plan of action:

post-219-1171150290_thumb.jpg

The plan is to add some more density to the hairline and slightly lower the hairline at the temporal angle on the right side. The right side hair line is slightly higher and my temporal area has receded more on the right side. Dr Feller seemed surprised that I didn't want more behind the area between the two red lines along the hairline. I was thinking to save as many grafts as possible for the mid-scalp but it might be a good idea to add a bit more throughout the first HT recipient area. All the remaining donor can go in behind HT #1. I estimate that there won't be enough to go very far back, hence the semi circular edge at the back to leave a circular bald/thin area on my crown. The area behind HT #1 will have to be wider than I have drawn in the picture and the circles on the temporal angles are areas Dr Feller said would need strengthening.

This is a drawing of how Dr Feller plans to take the next strip:

post-219-1171150340_thumb.jpg

Not a very clear picture but my first HT was pre tricho and the idea is to cut along the old scar so that the second strip's lower edge will be on the old scar, so the second strip will be taken from above the old scar. Dr Feller said that he would be able to go slightly further forward at the sides, going into virgin scalp at the sides, making a slightly longer strip than first time around. The closure will be tricho but seeing as the cut will be along the old scar it won't be completely removed but almost. I'm not bothered about this though as I don't intend to buzz my hair down.

Spex: Dr Feller said he wanted the first picture... can you send it to him or send him a link to this thread? Thanks.

Interesting stuff PB. This should create the illusion of pure density throughout the hair when you comb your hair backwards.

Your hair looked great at the showcase so this is gonna look even better.

You wont know what to do with all the milf attention B)

The plan makes total sense to me. The longer new strip will get you more grafts than last time and that will allow you to get a dense front and midscalp. It's best to work at the front and then go back as much as you can. Btw how thick is your feller scar?

I also think you have booked your 2nd HT at the right time. Some of my first Feller grafts (which Dr Feller didn't shave down) still have kinks in them (i.e. are stringy), which shows that my hair hasn't fully matured yet. Its safe to say that yours will be fully matured (like Ians before his 2nd HT) by June so Dr Feller will know exactly where to make the incisions and be economical. Best Wishes mate... I bet you can't wait :lol:

I estimate that there won't be enough to go very far back, hence the semi circular edge at the back to leave a circular bald/thin area on my crown.

PB - I hope you don't mind me asking, and I'm sorry if you've already answered this question before, but I was wondering if Dr Feller was your first transplant or if you fell victim to a UK surgery as well? The reason I ask is that I thought your first transplant was with Dr F but you mention that you don't think you'll have enough grafts to work back into the crown. Is this because of previous surgery that has taken valuable grafts or is down to you not having a large donor area... or am I just being completely naive and not realising that no matter how much donor area someone has, they can never fill up their whole head?

Looking at my hair in it's current state, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I lose all of my hair eventually (unless Avodart does the decent thing) but I always believed that I would be able to use my donor area to cover the rest of my head when needed - am I completely off the mark?

Anyway, best of luck with the surgery in June pal - looks like it's going to be a good one.

SHaft, it depends on your donor supply. Some people have enough to fill an entire balding scalp, and some don't. It depends on the size and density of your donor supply. For example, Ian (and myself) have enough donor for the crown as well. From memory, I think PB's is limited so he is doing the right thing by working from the front and going backwards. The worst thing would be a nice hairy crown island in a sea of skin. PB's second HT will look just as natural as the first, and if he grows it and brushes it back, with his nice filled in hairline and the new mid scalp / bridge filled in, this will (in my view) reduce the appearance of a thinning crown. PB , am I right? ;) The art of illusion!

Pb's first and only HT was with Dr Feller. You don't get results like that in the UK from one session or from multiple sesions for that matter <_< . Pb's donor area i believe is limited unfortunately. Run a search on Pb as he has documented his journey better than most and has told it exactly how it is. :)

All the best Pb for your upcoming HT with Dr Feller. No doubt he will make best use of your remaining donor and leave you with an even better result :)

Good plan PB,

I agree with Feller that you should strengthen you hairline or the are just behind it. My reasons are as follows:

1) The first thing people see first is your face and your hairline. So, obviously the most grafts should be placed in the area that people see the first and the most often.

2) The hairline frames your face and hence has the biggest impact on you looks.

3) If you comb you hair backwards the thicker hair at the hairline will provide good coverage mid scalp giving the illusion of a thicker mid-scalp without having to use up valuable graft in that area.

All the best mate. Keep us updated as you have done. You story has kept my hope alive in HTs.

Thanks for all the comments and good wishes :D

Yep, I've only had one HT and it was with Dr Feller

My donor area isn't great and the area of thinning hair around my crown is just too large to even attempt to fill, there's a smaller area that is almost completely bald but surrounding that there is a very large area of miniaturized hair that could go completely. If I knew for sure that I wasn't going to lose more hair, I would get a small amount of grafts into the baldest area on my crown so that it matched the surrounding thin area but I can't be sure so I've got to play it safe. That's why I'm keeping the recessions too and not going for more coverage at the front because it wouldn't look right if I lose a lot of hair behind the transplant.

Oh and the MILF attention... recently the only attention I've been getting is from MIWLF - over 50's with wrinkled faces or morbidly obese women :angry: Before the HT I didn't even get bothered by these groups of women... And it has been quite bad, almost daily :blink: When I was on the train from London to Stansted, an obese woman sitting opposite me kept giving me the eye and unbuttoned her blouse exposing her flabby stretch marked tits to me. I had to pretend to be asleep until she got off at the station before Stansted :rolleyes: Hopefully a second HT will make the 50+ obese MIWLFs realize that I am out of their league ;)

Looks like a sensible and highly realistic plan PB. How many grafts do you think you can harvest? I'm sure Dr Feller will have been slightly cautious with his quote because most people end up getting at least a few hundred more than the original plan.

The new scar will probably be an 80 -90% improvement on the current non trico scar.

BTW I think that you mean you hope to start attracting the Milfs and not the Gilfs (if there is such a thing).

Dr Feller wasn't able to say how many grafts... he said he wouldn't know until he "gets in there". With a second HT, he removes a bit at a time and checks for how easily the "ends meet" and then either widens or narrows the width of the strip accordingly.

The W in MIWLF is for Wouldn't B)

"When I was on the train from London to Stansted, an obese woman sitting opposite me kept giving me the eye and unbuttoned her blouse exposing her flabby stretch marked tits to me. I had to pretend to be asleep until she got off at the station before Stansted"

:lol:

Good luck PB. the sooner you can get away from the MIWLF's the better, this could affect your mental status otherwise!

I hope for your sake she hasn't posted something on a weight loss forum "ooooh, I met a nice guy on the train today.........."

Hey PB! I think the plan looks great and i am sure the Doc will go for as much as he can get :) I am glad you got chance to see him in person in London as hopefully this really helped clarify a few things for you before the big day! :)

I will make sure Dr Feller gets the pic B)

My donor area isn't great and the area of thinning hair around my crown is just too large to even attempt to fill, there's a smaller area that is almost completely bald but surrounding that there is a very large area of miniaturized hair that could go completely. If I knew for sure that I wasn't going to lose more hair, I would get a small amount of grafts into the baldest area on my crown so that it matched the surrounding thin area but I can't be sure so I've got to play it safe. That's why I'm keeping the recessions too and not going for more coverage at the front because it wouldn't look right if I lose a lot of hair behind the transplant.

Oh and the MILF attention... recently the only attention I've been getting is from MIWLF - over 50's with wrinkled faces or morbidly obese women :angry: Before the HT I didn't even get bothered by these groups of women... And it has been quite bad, almost daily :blink: When I was on the train from London to Stansted, an obese woman sitting opposite me kept giving me the eye and unbuttoned her blouse exposing her flabby stretch marked tits to me. I had to pretend to be asleep until she got off at the station before Stansted :rolleyes: Hopefully a second HT will make the 50+ obese MIWLFs realize that I am out of their league ;)

PB

best of luck w #2! If it comes out 1/2 as good as #1 you'ss have milfs and milwfs eating out of your hand. remember, the milwfs need a little luv too

you'ss have milfs and milwfs eating out of your hand. remember, the milwfs need a little luv too

(I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say), Yeah but not by me!

LOL ..... :lol:

you'ss have milfs and milwfs eating out of your hand. remember, the milwfs need a little luv too

(I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say), Yeah but not by me!

Yeah, leave the MIWLFs to the bald guys :P

best of luck w #2!

Thanks Riley :)