Sign in to follow this  
Follicle Challenge

Propecia Slump

I've been on Finasteride 1mg tablets for approx 5 years now. There is no doubt in my mind that had of I not taken Propecia at early stages of MPB, my baldness would be significantly worse. My premature baldness was so severe that I thought I would be totally bald within months. In saying this over a period time I have been extremely happy with the results from Finasteride.

But only till recently I've noticed a decrease in effectiveness, with a increase in thinning and little to no hair gain. Does Finasterides effectiveness decrease with time? Is my body becoming immune to Propecia? Is a break from Finasteride a possible option? or should I introduce another product maybe? Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.......

Regards

Follicle Challenge

I've been on Finasteride 1mg tablets for approx 5 years now. There is no doubt in my mind that had of I not taken Propecia at early stages of MPB, my baldness would be significantly worse. My premature baldness was so severe that I thought I would be totally bald within months. In saying this over a period time I have been extremely happy with the results from Finasteride.

But only till recently I've noticed a decrease in effectiveness, with a increase in thinning and little to no hair gain. Does Finasterides effectiveness decrease with time? Is my body becoming immune to Propecia? Is a break from Finasteride a possible option? or should I introduce another product maybe? Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.......

Regards

Follicle Challenge

You don't become "immune" to Finasteride. MPB is a progressive condition. Your hair follicles become increasingly sensitive to even low levels of DHT. Eventually, the 90% 5AR2 suppression offered by Finasteride is insufficient for some men. When that happens, you should maybe consider Dutasteride, which can inhibit 5AR2 by 98.5%.

The results from the Propecia 5 year study show that the drug is most effective up to 2 years out. Then hair counts start tailing off towards the baseline, although they remain much higher than the placebo *****, which drops alarmingly. Check out the chart.

post-276-1171035748_thumb.jpg

As always Pondle a very informative post :)

Switching to DUT is common after several yrs on propecia

All the best!

Spex