jimmyduk

Dr Rogers Medical And The Procedure

Hi

This is my first posting and I have read some interesting discussions on here concerning hair surgery. I have been and seen Dr Rogers in Stratford and I have booked an appointment for March. The thing is I am really panicky about the whole idea. I lost some hair on my temples when I was 18 like my father and his father. I decided at 29 after much agony and mental torment to get something done about it. I have heard he is one of the best in the country and would like some feedback from recent patients of his. Is there much pain involved? He did say he could sedate me if I was that concerned. I am having 1500 grafts, is this a lot of grafts to have in one sitting? My hair is quite thick so I am hoping the scar which is left after the strip is taken away will not be to bad. I have seen the guy on his web site video and he looks pretty well even after the surgery and especially 12 months on. Any help to quell my fears would be much appreciated. I don’t want my hair ruined and Dr Rogers seems to know his stuff and is very proffesional

Thanks

Make sure before you do anything that you research here and on all the other forums. There are many experienced posters on the forums especially repair guys. Run various searches and it will enable you to get a better understanding of the various standards of HT's being performed. If you are limited to travelling then Rogers seems to be the only capable Dr in the UK. Run a search on him to get the general opinion.

1500 grafts is a small session although a large one for Rogers on all accounts. If you can attach some pictures then maybe we can advise better. Have a look at the various pictures on here and the other forums to get a better understanding again of the potential size session you need.

You will not find many Rogers patients willing to show their pictures from everything i have read.

I have not read great reviews about Rogers myself anywhere but i think he performs ok work.

All the best with your research

Hi

This is my first posting and I have read some interesting discussions on here concerning hair surgery. I have been and seen Dr Rogers in Stratford and I have booked an appointment for March.

Why take the long road of having a disappointing HT in the UK and then having to go for repair surgery in the US later :rolleyes: You really need to do more research and see the patients in person. It's not just time and money you lose by getting a HT in the UK but precious donor hair too - and that can't be refunded, ever.

1500 grafts will hardly make any difference (unless you only need a very small area filling in).

My advice would be to see some Rogers patients in the flesh and then meet some Feller patients in the flesh and you'll understand what I mean.

It is important to realise that numbers are not the only factor to decide when performing hair transplants, particularly on temples.

I'm stuck at home because of the snow, so I can't check back on my notes for this patient, so I'm generalising.

The average patient might have 5000 grafts available - so using 1500 just to fill in the temples is reasonable - there will be plenty left in case of further recession.

Using 2500 just on the temples ( a relatively small area) immediately has used up nearly half the donor in one go! I read one of Spex posts about Dr Feller and donor depletion. Every good hair transplant doctor recognises this problem - supply may not keep up with demand.

Put another way, simply filling temples is probably an area of around 25cmsq. Placing 1500 in this equates to 60 FU per cmsq, which is respectably dense, especially on the temples where a bit of "fuzziness" and lower density is Normal. Unusually dense, sharp hairlines will look abnormal - that's where I look if I'm deciding on celebrity HTs.

Every patient has to decide how dense he needs the result to be but I would still advise caution. Most well known posters are keen on big numbers but yes, it does depend on how far they are spread. I saw a H&W patient with over 6000 in one session - impressive work but he was a NW6 and so the actual density for that whole area wasn't remarkable - he still looked thin.

like pb has suggested meet with patients and judge for yourself

dr rogers didn't you recommend 1500 for gargage land who ended up getting 5000 with hw?i think we can all agree 1500 would have done very little for him <_< you seem to recommend very low numbers which in turn means your patients will need further work sooner rather than later <_<

It's the later that worries me!

Many doctors, probably the majority, do believe that it is better to "stage" the amount of grafts taken - you can't keep going back to an empty bank account. Once it's gone, it's gone. The potential problem is that you can paint yourself into a corner by taking too much too soon. You are banking on not getting too much further hair loss. If you do, and you've used all your grafts, where do you go next?

Every HT surgeon sees patients coming back for more coverage because of recession - I care about the patient I'm going to see again in 5 years too. Many young patients will want the very best density and lowest hairlines - the problem will come when they're older.

The financial analogy is apt - I see many patients on these forums who've had a number of procedures from different doctors, looking for that final "super" session. They've paid out gradually both money and grafts - if you go to one surgeon, no matter how good their reputation is, and have one very large session, you've put all your trust into one procedure and one surgeon and your donor area is gone. No second chance to "tweak" the hairline, fill in further recessions etc.

I have no problem performing up to 3000 grafts - our routine patient is now around 2000 grafts - but I try to keep the recipient density appropriate to the donor density.

It's a difficult line to walk - I understand the desire for greater densities but in my 11 years doing HT, I think of the future loss that many patients try not to believe it will continue. It's a harsh fact of HT life.

Don't forget also, that the regular posters are an unusually motivated bunch - prepared to travel abroad, to meet a doctor/s that they have heard of by reputation on the internet, shave their recipient areas, have large strips or FUE performed with the associated higher risk of more scarring, then be ready to explain to friends and family the major changes in their appearance.

I see a lot of British patients who specifically request not to have a major change of appearance. It might seem hard for you to believe but other patients do have a different perspective on their HTs. It's horses for courses - I don't particularly market to younger men and I probably have quite a high percentage of "older" patients, 35+, who aren't looking for the younger, lower hairlines of youth.

If well informed patients who read these forums wish to have higher densities and numbers, I can provide the service, but only if they understand the issues involved.

I do not post a great deal but i do read all the various forums and have now gained a much greater understanding of hair transplants since my NHI mistake <_<

Dr Rogers with all due respect i have seen you post and answer certain questions over others. I have viewed the few pictures presented by you as well. If you honestly feel you perform the same high level of work as the so called top clinics ie; Feller, HW, Wolf, Shapiro etc then instead of making up excuses why not prove all these people wrong if your work is as good as you feel it is. You mention that you have been performing hair transplants for 11 years then why not back up that experience with documented cases....... your gallery on your web site is void of anything i would call top shelf surgery. 11 years of surgery and they are the only photos you have to show? The excuse of patient agreement and cropping pictures is no excuse at all.

Don't forget also, that the regular posters are an unusually motivated bunch - prepared to travel abroad, to meet a doctor/s that they have heard of by reputation on the internet, shave their recipient areas, have large strips or FUE performed with the associated higher risk of more scarring, then be ready to explain to friends and family the major changes in their appearance.

I think this quote by you is very transparent <_<

Should a HT patient not be motivated to achieve the best possible result via a hair transplant? Or should they just accept an average or even below average one..

Jimmyduk, I would very much like to see your pictures to assess what 1500 grafts will actually do for you.

When I had two consults with Dr Rogers, he freely showed me lots of photographs of patients, and several stages. He does have some photos he could show. Some of the stuff I saw was pretty good (though not as good as Feller for sure) I guess he is airing on the side of caution becuase of the legal aspect, and I'm sure we can all understand that. If anyone put a photo of my head on the internet with or without my face being blocked out, I would not be very impressed.

The internet is a very powerful tool, but surely nobody is going to make such big decisions on the back of a few online photo's. I would urge potential HT clients to meet the surgeon, meet some of his patients, and then make an informed decision. The internet is purely a filtering process to know which surgeons to discard and which to explore further.

Dr Rogers should be saluted for trying to come up on these boards and making himself accountable to us SHLN board people.

Dr Rogers, whatever you can do to get more of your work online can only help your cause.

The previous London butchers I went to doesn't have any photo's on their site! If only the internet was invented in 1993.......Doh!

For anyone who hasn't been to Fellermedical in NY, one of his rooms is pretty much a photographic studio so he is taking high quality photo's pretty much pre, during and post ops which he shares with you.

AJG

I think this quote by you is very transparent <_<

Should a HT patient not be motivated to achieve the best possible result via a hair transplant? Or should they just accept an average or even below average one..

Exactly! What's the point in paying thousands of £'s to get a scar and otherwise look the same as pre-op :rolleyes:

Well the proof is in the results, a lesson i learnt the hard way. <_< Anyone researching hair transplants motivated or not should research all their opinions in order to get the best results available, whether it mean travelling, shaving down, or coming up with an explantion <_< From what i read recently some patients need more explanations than others <_<

Not to put too fine a point on it Jimmyduk i think you have had your question anwsered in my opinion as there haven't been any Rogers patients on here singing from the roof tops.

Well the proof is in the results, a lesson i learnt the hard way. <_< Anyone researching hair transplants motivated or not should research all their opinions in order to get the best results available, whether it mean travelling, shaving down, or coming up with an explantion

I fully agree!

Hi guys and Dr's, One thing that is important to me is that Dr Rogers is prepared to stand up and answer his questions here and I think we all appreciate Dr Rogers actually being one of the very few Dr's that has done this for us.. so just lending my appreciation for his explanation on the procedures he uses :)

There's something thats been on my mind for a while that I cant understand tho, even after reading all the threads about Dr Rogers. Dr Rogers is regarded as the best UK and only UK Dr that anyone in there right mind should consider for a HT procedure (this is great for anyone not wanting to travel outside the UK). This I believe is due to the 'natural' results he achieves.. Unlike ALL the other UK clinics I/WE have seen.

But this is the bit I cant understand, every time there is a thread about Rogers Clinic I have never seen anyone or heard from anyone willing to show the 'stunning' natural results that has given the Rogers Clinic the highest praise for a UK clinic? I have seen only a couple of pics by Dr Rogers which were of a very scabby recipient area and were impossible to see any grafts.. and another of a lady that had some work which was not very helpful to me (sorry).

So, I cant understand how did the Rogers Clinic get such high acclaim if nobody here o elsewhere has sung there praises? I always tell people who ask about UK clinics, that Rogers is the only one to consider. But I am only quoting from everyone else, I have no experience with him.. so who started the ball rolling?

Sorry this is very long winded, I just am confused where the patients are that have made this the best UK clinic are? and how it is UK's no.1? But how good compared to the star Dr's of the HT world?

Sorry if this causes any conflict, this is 100% not meant to cause any throwing of stones in any direction...or any offence to Dr Rogers. I just think this is an important and honest question? How did they achieve this without anyone singing there praises? or showing there results?

Anyone know the answer?

:huh:

But this is the bit I cant understand, every time there is a thread about Rogers Clinic I have never seen anyone or heard from anyone willing to show the 'stunning' natural results that has given the Rogers Clinic the highest praise for a UK clinic? I have seen only a couple of pics by Dr Rogers which were of a very scabby recipient area and were impossible to see any grafts.. and another of a lady that had some work which was not very helpful to me (sorry).

So, I cant understand how did the Rogers Clinic get such high acclaim if nobody here o elsewhere has sung there praises? I always tell people who ask about UK clinics, that Rogers is the only one to consider. But I am only quoting from everyone else, I have no experience with him.. so who started the ball rolling?

Very valid point BadhairUK! I don't know of any results that can back this up anywhere on any forums so how did it actually come about... is it becasue all the other UK clinics are so bad with all the complaints they get. Do we view Rogers as the best in the UK off the least complaints as opposed to his actual results??

Dr Rogers why don't you construct one post with your best pictures for us to see and assess rather than this speculation surrounding your level of work as after the patients of yours that were seen at the recent openhouse it sounds like this might be an ideal opportunity for you.

Also, why don't you post on the more prolific forums ie; www.hairlosshelp.com and www.hairtransplantnetwork.com? As i am sure you are aware there is a great deal more traffic and experienced posters there to judge your pictures and theories / philosophies about hair transplants. I think this can only help get a wider opinion on your results.

I am sure the other forums would welcome a new Dr's participation.

I'm not a direct patient of Dr Rogers but I will give you my 2 cents. Firstly welcome to the boards Jimmyduk. Its hard to assess your situation.. whats your NW # and do you have any pics of your temples etc?

Dr Rogers is working on the Staple Cycle experiment to resolve my scarring situation, which was caused by the H******* ***** (a UK clinic who wrongly showed me a "portfolio" of Dr Rogers work to sell their HTs). From my personal experience, I have found Dr Rogers & his staff to be very Professional and caring. From the discussions I have had with Dr Rogers, I can tell that he is very knowledgeable and would recommend that people in UK see him for a consultation because unlike other UK clinics, theres no consultant (cough, cough salesman) with no pressure or salesman tactics. All you'll get is a proper personal consultation, which will only help you assess your situation and options. Like everyone says the more research the better and getting on the forums is a must!

As I've had two fantastic experiences with Dr Feller, I'm very Pro-Feller and would recommend him to anyone but I do appreciate other genuine surgeons who are in the industry for the right reasons (i.e. restore hair and not make more money). Dr Rogers is one of those guys so I wouldn't associate him with clinics like the H******* ***** - a place which unfortunately I know to well!

Dr Rogers told me the other day that he's having a HT and it's from a surgeon he trained up himself and intends to show his results on his site. This tells me that he has full faith and trust in the skill of his own staff. I can't see Greaves having a HT at HG :ph34r: !

Theres not many surgeons posting in these UK boards anymore so I think it's a step in the right direction to have Dr Rogers here. I too would like to see more of your work as theres many patients like me here who have been disappointed in the past and so are sceptical of anything which doesn't give a healthy amount of results. E.g. When I began my repair research, Dr Cole was the man considered by many as the best. However for various reasons, patient results have declined across the boards and people have forgotten about him. It doesn't mean he isn't capable but it goes to show the importance of satisfying new and old forum members with photos of your work. In the UK there appears to be a consensual issue with displaying photos and I think the attitude aboard (particularly USA) needs to adopted.

post-1920-1170969840_thumb.jpgpost-1920-1170969872_thumb.jpgpost-1920-1170969914_thumb.jpgWow I cant believe the response and even Dr Rogers himself coming forward and speaking. Thank you so much for all your responses. I have uploaded hopefully correctly some photos of my hair line. Lucky for me I have thick hair and my father and my grandfather both lost hair at 18 at the front. No word of a lie but thats it and my grandfather lost no more even at 84. My father who is now 54 still has the same hairline so that's why I am getting my temples filled in with the hope that my hairline stays the same. Obviously there are a lot of expeirenced guys on here with stories. I just want my hairline to look a bit more filled in at the front and for it to look as natural as possible. I hope I have not offended Dr Rogers I guess HT awareness in the UK is a bit of a taboo subject and you have to be secptical as it can make a dramtic change. I am more than happy to upload and show any results of Dr Rogers work when the surgery is complete as there seems to be a lack of photo evidence.

Any feedback on the photos will be appreciated.

Thanks again all.

No problem Jimmy, I have no problem with the forums - it is good to share knowledge and I personally prefer well informed patients - I think my website is pretty informative. I'm not offended - I do not have that sort of ego. If anything, I'm a bit "Yorkshire" - I speak as I find, as we say oop North. Everybody is entitled to an opinion (so long as I can disagree with it too).

There are differences of opinion between doctors - it's a fact of life, whether it's hair or orthopaedics. I'm more conservative, some are more aggressive and I do salute their skills and determination to push the envelope. Not every patient wants the "cutting edge" though.

But I do care passionately about hair and doing the best for my patients. It makes no financial sense to help Bal but it's shaming to this speciality and my colleagues, that's he's had all this trauma. Those who know me realise I personally have put my neck on the line about this but they always shoot the messenger, don't they?

Different tack:

How much is filling in "a bit?" We drew some potential hairlines I think. To some, a bit might mean small area but high density. To others, it might mean low density but bigger coverage.

It's the hardest thing - understanding what you mean. What's your vision and expectation inside your head?

Numbers are just one part of the equation.

Hi Jimmy,

I have a similar kind of hair loss as you, I am no expert but I think to make your hairline look natural you would probably need more than 1500 grafts to acheive a natural hairline.

I echo some of the above comments made about Dr Rodgers, I did a lot of www research and didn't find much to prove he was worth taking the chance with, this is a shame as I am sure he has probably a good success rate but feels reluctant to prove himself with a flashy website and posting photos, but in a business sense (and lets be honest HT is a business) this is suicide as nowadays most companies depend on the web as thier main source of advertising, constantly updating their to promote their company image, however so do unreputable UK hair clinics (THG etc), but they do not defend themselves as Dr Rogers does, and I admire the fact he is prepared to answer critism from others and he shares information with other highly regarded HT docs.

BTW I have had a 2500 graft with Dr Feller in the US, I am two and half months in, I did my research and met spex who had his HT repair done by feller after having his head butchered by dodgy HT clinics.

Lucky

Very valid point BadhairUK! I don't know of any results that can back this up anywhere on any forums so how did it actually come about... is it becasue all the other UK clinics are so bad with all the complaints they get. Do we view Rogers as the best in the UK off the least complaints as opposed to his actual results??[/size]

Dr Rogers why don't you construct one post with your best pictures for us to see and assess rather than this speculation surrounding your level of work as after the patients of yours that were seen at the recent openhouse it sounds like this might be an ideal opportunity for you.

Also, why don't you post on the more prolific forums ie; www.hairlosshelp.com and www.hairtransplantnetwork.com? As i am sure you are aware there is a great deal more traffic and experienced posters there to judge your pictures and theories / philosophies about hair transplants. I think this can only help get a wider opinion on your results.

Martin, yes.. this was just what I was thinking too. The high reputation is more down to us reading many complaints and how bad the results are from the other Clinics. But we ' do not ' hear of any complaints from Dr Rogers patients... (which is great) but we neither hear of 'much' praise as there are so few patients of Rogers on any forums? Surely 11 years of business should be showing many patients? Its kinda strange and I wish more people would give there insight into there experience with Dr Rogers along with (good well focused) pictures to give us enough confidence to have a HT by a UK Dr.

The small bits of information from people that have met Dr Rogers (such as BAL etc) have ALL a lot of kind praise and this is something that goes a long way... I look forward to hearing and seeing a lot more positive feedback from Rogers patients.. B) (Jimmy... thanks for this)

Just to say ...its just frustraiting for me/us to have a UK clinic we all want to see achieving very high standard natural HT's and not getting any evidence.. as myself being possibly more caucious as I have been a victim of a UK HT clinic (Nobel) so this is why I am possibly asking these questions as I was foolish not to be more caucious when it counted back then.

I also like Dr Rogers reply, that he is someone that doesnt take offence to these in depth questions as the last thing I would want is for the Dr to stay clear and not keep us informed on this forum.

Happy hairy days to one and all.. ;)

well regardless of the overwhelming lack of support to base your decision on jimmyuk i truly wish you the best of luck it appears you have made your mind up regardless of not one rogers patient coming on here to reassure you yet many experienced posters telling you to do more research :huh:

you may well not want a significant improvement or a dramatic change and thats your choice as 1500 will not give you anything else...but regardless of the amount of grafts you end up having with rogers to slightly add more hair where you want it

...will it be natural looking?? as a few of rogers patients were looking into repair at the openhouse on all accounts :unsure:

to stick with your decision after everything you have now read you obviously still feel confident that he can deliver the result you want. can you let us all know how you know this? have you seen a few of his patients in person?? you must have if so can you let us know your thoughts

dr rogers can you answer this question??

Dr Rogers seems to avoid many questions <_< <_<

If after 11 years of performing hair transplants and being asked numerous times to show us proof of his work he is still determined to avoid the question. This shouts volumes to me! Volumes!

Its very simple Dr Rogers, rather than putting a spin on every question you chose to answer why not actually show us some evidence of the work you perform. I have seen no evidence of it that would make me opt to have a session with you. You have been asked many times yet you chose to ignore the invitation <_< WHY?

I think if a DR is going to come on these forums then he needs to have evidence to back himself up as again from everything i keep reading it strongly leans towards Dr Rogers only being a port in a storm.

I will not hold my breath for a reply on this.

Jimmyduk, if you feel confident after reading through this post alone then good luck with it. Looking at your pictures though you definately appear to require more than 1500 grafts. Even if you go ultra conservative and just fill in the temple areas then you might get away with 1500 but the areas appear deep and your existing density thick. You having any hairline work as well?

I'm really not trying to avoid any questions - the fact that I'm on here in the firing line is proof of that!

I'm not putting spin on things - I'm trying to answer your questions fully. If I don't give the answers you want, it doesn't mean it's spin. Other patients have a different perspective which must be recognised. Just as a matter of interest, what are your ages?

Yes, I've been remiss perhaps in not taking more post op photos but I've never taken photos for marketing purposes before. I am now taking more photos and of course, I am now starting to show more photos (see a recent post). Patients do need to return after 6 months though, for me to take their photos! I haven't avoided the invitation, more will follow.

The question is: What does Jimmy want? I got the impression that he wanted a small infill of the temples - more of a strengthening of the hairline - not a full scale widening which is what you are all assuming. A full NW 1 type widening at high density will of course need more than 1500. It will also require him to shave the recipient area. If that is what he wants, I can do that

I might have misunderstood, he may have changed his mind since, but I don't think he was keen to go to that degree for his HT. I'm quite happy to shave the recipient, it gets in the way, but lots do not want it shaved - it doesn't fit in with their normal everyday lives, getting back to work etc.

Jimmyduk,

Welcome aboard! :)

Is there much pain involved? He did say he could sedate me if I was that concerned. I am having 1500 grafts, is this a lot of grafts to have in one sitting? My hair is quite thick so I am hoping the scar which is left after the strip is taken away will not be to bad.

With regards to the surgery itself you will have nothing to worry about as there is relatively minimal discomfort as i am sure you will read from the number of patient experiences documented here and on other forums. 1500 grafts is a relatively small procedure and if perform correctly you will be left with minimal scaring especially via Tricho closure - The longer the scar the thinner it will be ;)

With regards to your pictures i have quickly highlighted my opinion for what its worth. At the end of the day it all depends on YOUR own personal goal, hairs characteristics, existing density, and amongst all when dealing with the hairline, artistic design/placement - this is key!!! - Number of grafts is the foundation and important to get correct of the back of all the other factors especially when designing a hairline.

It very much depends on your personal goal after that!

All this considered - I think 1500 grafts would be an appropriate number for the areas shown in RED - this is an approx off the pictures you have provided. 750 in each temple.

IPB Image

IPB Image

If you want to increase the area worked on and have your hairline /forelock strengthened as well then you are looking at 2000 - 2500 grafts approx shown in BLUE - again this all depends on your personal goal.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hope this helps and remember this is only my opinion.

Be aware that the vast majority of HT recipients who receive good work inevitably want more - it is called ""hair greed ;) You will not be able to grasp this concept now but trust me if you have surgery you will soon become aware of it. The nature of hair growth is painfully slow and often you will not have a realisation of the results let alone see a dramatic difference until you compare pictures several months later as you will not see the transformation occur otherwise - You will be scrutinising your results every single day so will not see the results just occur. Even guys that receive 4000+ grafts have trouble seeing the transformation occur due to the time involved. Be aware of this as dramatic changes with cases such as yours do not occur unless the work performed is below par and then the work performed does become apparent and dramatic - Trust me i have personal experience with this.

Here is a post i made a while ago with regards to this - Growth times + Number of sessions

Regards

Spex

Broadly speaking, I'd go along with that. It depends also how deep into the central section he wants to go, shaving the recipient and also how "strong" a hairline he wants.

I've noticed that younger men tend to (but not always) want a strong hairline (which is not surprising) but also that Americans tend to want a real "wall of hair." I've spoken to some American colleagues and they really go to town on the hairline, even to the degree of having a J shaped rim of hair on the hairline which is then swept back.

Look at American politicians, actors etc - the "Big hair" fashion of the 1980's has not really gone away. Just look at recent Presidents!

So what you are saying then Dr Rogers is that hardly any of your patients return after 6-12 months, hence the lack of photographic evidence. Do non return for further work or are the vast majority satisfied after just one session with you?

Yes, I've been remiss perhaps in not taking more post op photos but I've never taken photos for marketing purposes before.

How do you market yourself then as being the best in the UK if not by providing proof of your results to perspective patients. Do they just take your word for it? If anyone runs a google search on hair transplants they will see you at the top of every search. Is this how you market yourself then?

Americans tend to want a real "wall of hair."

:unsure: :unsure:

From everything you have said it seems that everyone that comes to you for a session has a different perspective, they don't return for more sessions or pictures to be taken and they only ever need small sessions to avoid causing a dramatic difference in their appearance. <_<

Out of interest also why do you not post your recent pictures on the larger forums?

I know it sounds like i am busting your balls here but i think people who are looking to come to you for surgery should have an understanding of what it is they are getting.

Looking at this picture:

IPB Image

where Spex drew in the area for 750 into each side, it looks to me like the hair at the front has miniaturized significantly. I don't think the final result will look good with only the temples filled in as the difference between the healthy transplanted hair and the miniaturized hair at the front will be obvious. I also doubt thatthe density will match and you will be left with a very odd looking hairline if you only have the temples filled.

I think you would need 2500 in the front 1/3 as shown by the blue line Spex drew.

Just my thoughts... but I'm not a HT surgeon.

post-1920-1171033609_thumb.jpgHey guys and Dr Rogers.

I have found the information on here extensive and informative. I have decided to put my faith in Dr Rogers and become a show case on this site for my hair surgery. There does seem to be a lack of photo evidence however I dont think a surgeon with Dr Rogers qualifications would be allowed to practice in the UK. As someone mentioned in an earlier posting, have there been any bad postings against Dr rogers? I have not read any nor in my time researching on the net. I have heard a lot about Norton and his bad work but not Rogers. I am not looking for a complete 18 year old hairline, just a bit more at the front and Dr Rogers was correct in what he said about me just wanting a bit more up front. I am more than happy to show the results once the work is complete if this is fine with Dr Rogers. It is a bit disappointing that there are not more photos of the work carried out by Dr Rogers, but I never felt pushed or was demanded payment after my consultation. I look forward to my visit next month.

This is the only photo of me prior to me losing my hair on my 18th Birthday.

Good luck! I shall look forward to seeing the pictures. To get an idea of how successful a HT is there really needs to be immediate post-op and regular follow up pictures. Just a photo of the finished result a year from now won't be of any use to anybody. A Rogers patient on another forum that was one year out was telling everybody how great his HT was but would not show his pictures on the forums because he said he would need another year for the HT to fully mature :blink:

I wish you the best of results.. it will be great to see how it goes.

There will be a big following on u'r progress here as you will be one of the only guys on the forum to have a HT by Dr Rogers who we can finally see the progress reports/pics from.

All the best :)