Sign in to follow this  
ian

Ians 2nd Ht With Dr Feller

hey guys, just got back from new york after my 2nd ht with dr feller,

all went well and the doc got 2700gs and did tricoclosure on my old standard strip scar.

sitting in the chair was a little more uncomfortable this time round due to the techs working on both the crown and hairline leaving my head in slightly awkward postions, a little neck ache, but hey its only for a few hours. the injections in the recipient were a little more painfull than i remember from last time but other than that it was ok.

the whole day i was drifting in and out of sleep.

on the upside i didn't have hardly any swelling and the swelling i did have lasted about 1 hour from getting up, quite a difference from last time, i looked like id been in the ring with tyson

here are the pics i have taken today, dr feller is going to send me the pics he had taken pre and post op so that that will give you a better idea of were i was and were im going,

got to go through the old waiting game all over again..............yipee :angry:

post-180-1170759301_thumb.jpg

post-180-1170759454_thumb.jpg

post-180-1170759486_thumb.jpg

post-180-1170759521_thumb.jpg

post-180-1170759553_thumb.jpg

post-180-1170759583_thumb.jpg

post-180-1170759615_thumb.jpg

post-180-1170759645_thumb.jpg

Hi Ian,

do you have a breakdown of the number of grafts into each area?

Was your hairline lowered or were the hairline grafts placed amongst existing hair?

Are the staples worse than stitches?

Did Dr F shave around the crown before he implanted there?

There wasn't anything to shave :P Looks like he shaved the area though, you can see shaved stubble growing back around the transplanted area.

Nice.. you got your front, mid scalp and crown fixed in one go. I like the way Dr Feller didn't shave too much and just the recipient areas were buzzed down. Do you know how many grafts Dr Feller put in your crown? From the pic it looks like mostly singles are placed there but I'm sure theres a mix of 2s and 3s.

hey fellas, thats for the support.

st.domingos, when i met dr feller at the showcase he said i have about 5000grafts avaliable so i should be able to get another 2500-3000 if i need them.

pb, i forgot to ask about the final breakdown but i think 1200 in the hairline, 800-1000 in the crown and 500-700 in the midscalp.

most of the hairline is the same, just added density, the left side has been lowered with a bit of temple closure.

the staples are worse than stiches, a little more irratable especially when sleeping.

articmonk, he did shave down the crown, he didnt shave all of the recipient though, looked kinda funny.

i got pete to buzz my head with a grade 3 yesterday.

bal, all of the grafts in the crown are 2s, the doc said that my donor consists of 1s 2s and some 3s i dont have any 4 hair follicles

i will try and get my pre and post op pics off dr feller to help show the placement.

just got back from getting my recovery pack :D , i got some aloe gel, msm and articmonk mentioned about some aloe shampoo so i thought id give that a try. i'm not going to use minox this time, hopefully that will reduce redness a little quicker. last time it took quite a while for the redness to subside.

oh yeah :blink:. thats the first time ive compared the 2 hairlines, i f&*kin love my new hairline, although i think my left ears fallen off :o

The placement of your hairline seems nice but In my opinion the Design is way off,

Because Overly jagged hairlines dont look natural when grown out at least In my opinion.

But i still wish you the best even tho you hate me lol.

ok i respect your opinion n all that but my bro pete has a jagged hairline and it looks completely natural as im sure many would agree....just my opinion :D

by the way, i don't hate you, i just wish you'd get your bloody transplant

Glad you dint take it the wrong way Ian, Any way if your happy with the design then thats all that matters isnt it.

The reason i havent had my Hair Transplant yet is because i havent saved up the dough yet and i dont want a loan hangin over me. Im strongly considering Dr Rahal because he is my No 2 Surgoen and is a hellava lot cheaper than my No 1 choice (bet ya cant guess who that is lol :lol: ) And still does very similar work (High Density, TP work and youthfull HL's etc).

Anyway heal up mate. :)

I must admit i too really like the jag look and have seen it grown out on many guys now from different clinics and really like it.

Heal well Ian and keep us updated with those pics matey B)

by the way, i don't hate you, i just wish you'd get your bloody transplant

:D LOL

I too will be having the "jagged" hairline.

Congrats Ian, it looks like you will be done and dusted this time next year!! :) Thank you for sharing your experience with us all here. It has be very important in my personal decision making process.

Thanks again and great new hairline!!! :D

Congrats Ian :)

It was great meeting you and your brother in London Ian. Hairline looked fantastic then, can't wait to see the new results in a years time!

well just had my staples removed, all 67 of them, hurt more than expected :o. we filmed the staple removal so it may help others in the future (should be ready in a couple of days). i will post some pics on saturday of my progress, ill be 2 weeks out. all in all been ok, a bit of tightness is the donor area, it has also been quite itchy. the recipient has healed up nicely. just the waiting game now then :)

Ian, Great pics... awesome work :) The hairline looks great.. U must be well pleased mate. U'r sure to be well happy when the 2nd HT blooms! I want a 2nd HT now! lol. (just kidding) ;)

Did u soak your head (donor) in a warm bath for 20 mins before the staples were removed? This did help me a bit, but I wont pretend that there were'nt 2 or 3 that made my hair curl! :huh: (if I had any).