arcticmonk

Scar & Concealer

Hi

There are a number of you with relatively recent scars (BHUK, Steveo, Bal etc). They all look like they are healing really well but has anybody tried any spray concealer to hide them further in the early stages ie Courve, Dermatch etc.

If so I would be interested in how well you thought it worked and have you got any photos to do a sise by side comparison?

Hi

There are a number of you with relatively recent scars (BHUK, Steveo, Bal etc). They all look like they are healing really well but has anybody tried any spray concealer to hide them further in the early stages ie Courve, Dermatch etc.

If so I would be interested in how well you thought it worked and have you got any photos to do a sise by side comparison?

I dont know about the other guys but i am not bothered anymore about my scar. I can cut my hair down to a 2 grade and its visable but it doesnt bother me, when it gets to a 3 you cant see it as much. Funny thing is allot of the women i know find is sexy ;) and my mates think its cool. Maybe im just hanging around with weird people :lol:

Ive not had my staples out yet so im still hiding under a hat but im gonna have to get a concealer for the scar as my hair is no way near covering it yet.

What are the best concealer's for covering the scar ?

Funny thing is allot of the women i know find is sexy ;)

I'll buzz the back of my head down then... I'll be even more sexy and cool because my scar is bald :P Soon everybody will be wanting a smiley scar on the back of their heads to be fashionable :D

Funny thing is allot of the women i know find is sexy ;) and my mates think its cool. Maybe im just hanging around with weird people :lol:

Do they know the full story behind how you got this scar? :blink:

I found spray concealers to be best (almost like airbrushing it away) :D

I just had a look on the website and the Couvre concealer does say it is say to use after HTs, doesnt block pores etc.

My plan would be only to use when essential ie at work or going out and let scar breathe/heal as much as possible without it. :)

The only downside is they dont actually have a colour chart :(

My plan would be only to use when essential ie at work or going out and let scar breathe/heal as much as possible without it. :)

Is this for your next HT :unsure: ? Surely you don't need to conceal your first HT scar?

The best concealer for scars is Courve!! ;) Get the colour right though ;)

www.hair123.co.uk

Less is more!!! B)

Is there anybody coming to the openhouse with a fresh scar that could demonstrate Couvre? I would like to see it...

I tried Dermmatch after my HT but it was totally useless, it was just like boot polish. I have an almost full tin of the crap (I tried it about 3 times) if somebody wants it (light brown)...

Less is more with all these concealers in my experience.

There should be a colour chart somewhere - Always get the lighter colour ;)

A concealer like Courve is safe to use 10 days post op but in all honesty the longer you can leave it off your head the better post op to allow healing to occur.

Is this for your next HT :unsure: ? Surely you don't need to conceal your first HT scar?

Yes definitely for my next HT - My first scar is invisible :)

Funny thing is allot of the women i know find is sexy ;) and my mates think its cool. Maybe im just hanging around with weird people :lol:

Do they know the full story behind how you got this scar? :blink:

Just told them i had a car accident :unsure: i know its wrong but couldnt think of anything else.

So does the scar look worse after 2 HT's?

So does the scar look worse after 2 HT's?

No, I just wondered why he was talking about concealing his scar when his HT was ages ago and he had tricho... but soon he'll have a fresh scar to conceal. I think the first scar is usually excised so if you haven't been butchered by a UK idiot, you will still only have one scar after 2 HT's.

Stevo your scar looks very neat. You must be in line to take hte staples out very soon - that is a big relief ;)

The staples come out tomorrow and yes that's going to be a big relief. Sleeping is my main problem with the staples it's a pain.

I now have even more respect for BAL with his staple expriment and hope it all works out for him.

How many grafts are you getting in the crown arcticmonk because i will be in a very simillar situ to you this time next year ? Are you getting any more anywhere else ?

The staples come out tomorrow and yes that's going to be a big relief. Sleeping is my main problem with the staples it's a pain.

I now have even more respect for BAL with his staple expriment and hope it all works out for him.

How many grafts are you getting in the crown arcticmonk because i will be in a very simillar situ to you this time next year ? Are you getting any more anywhere else ?

Yeh your first nights sleep after they come out is bliss, you have a pillow instead of a pin cushion to lie on :D period

I agree I hope it all works out for Bal, as it must be a very uncomfortable

It will all depend upon my consultancy with Dr F on Sunday as to what I have available, I am guessing I need somewhere in the region of 2000+ in the crown to cover a bald spot 8cms in diameter, if there is any left over then yes I would look at putting some more in the front 1/3rd, temporal area etc but I need to check what is realistic first. :)

It will all depend upon my consultancy with Dr F on Sunday as to what I have available, I am guessing I need somewhere in the region of 2000+ in the crown to cover a bald spot 8cms in diameter, if there is any left over then yes I would look at putting some more in the front 1/3rd, temporal area etc but I need to check what is realistic first. :)

I asked the doc how many grafts it would take to cover my crown and he said 800 to 1000 and I don’t think there’s much difference between me and you so you might be surprised on Sunday. ;)

Good luck with it all mate and keep us informed !

I used Dermatch - Brilliant stuff - Paint it on, It just darkens your scalp and isn't messy like that spray on shit. Less is more and you can add a small amount. One lot (around £30 lasts a year) Its a bit like ladies foundation, but just hair coloured

Disclaimer - I don't wear ladies make up, and never have done, or dresses, or bra's ... honest!

This is a great thread and I nearly missed it! I am also looking into a concealer which will help dilute my scarring and also my shiny staples! I think I need something stronger, which will just "paint" over the scars, rather than just thicken up hair around it. Any ideas? Something like a can of black car spray would do the job but I want something that is safe for hair and skin!

I've tried Dernmatch and it's is watery/messy and is only helpful in thickening up the appearance of hair. I don't think its effective in just rubbing over scars. Toppik is powdery and again is only a thickener.

Haven't tried the lotion Courve yet.. so i think I'll give it a shot as a few have used it for their scarring.

Would this baby do the trick??

IPB Image

That looks good too.. though I think its a spray on version of Toppik.

Which spray concealers do you use S.A.F?

lol cheers mate.. one more week and it'll be 3 months into it!

lol there should def be a "boot polish/car" spray style product to cater for the butchered. I'll def give Couve a shot and will let you know how I get on.

You could try Mane (spray) from d.s products Tel:08452 262623. I used it on my scar. Dark brown is virtually black.

You could get hair extensions fitted to hide the scars until the staple cycling thing is over... I see lots of guys here with what looks like a mop of knotted artificial hair strapped to their heads and they seem to think they are cool :unsure:

IPB Image