Sign in to follow this  
Hairsucks

Body Building / General Fitness & Finasteride?

Hi,

Anyone on here into body building? or general fitness?

I just wondered what effect taking finasteride would have while doing weights and keeping fit as I do everyday. I heard It makes you produce more testosterone which would be beneficial (for strengh and stamina) is this true? If so why would people report losing there sexual appetite as this is down to testosterone? am I missing something.

I did read that as it stops DHT it produces more testosterone. This is when I was looking into finasteride and gynecomastia (bitch tits) which I hope is rare :unsure: . It said because the body produces so much testosterone because it's not converting into DHT anymore it then produces estrogen which is the cause of gynecomastia.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Hairsucks

Was into bodybuilding for many years in a serious way,used to way all my food take the amminos,diet 60 30 10,60% carbs 30% protein 10% fat,got fed up with it after 10 years or so and went into kick boxing for a couple of years,moved back to weights again but not like i used too.been on fin/pro for over 4 years and can say never noticed any extra strength or stamina gains while being on it,and i may or may not have taken SUPPLEMENTS that should have improved my strength ;) ,if you do work out you will know that the body makes more testosterone and endorphins,which in turn gives you a higher sex drive,this will make the loss of sex drive less and means you should have less of a side effect than people not working out.the one and only case of gyno i have seen from taking fin/pro is by a poster on the HT thread called jaym,it was to say the least pretty servere,he did take photos and post them for us put he did also say that since stopping fin/pro use the gyno has fully reversed.