Hi Guys

This seems like a decent forum with honest opinions so I thought I'd ask for some advice. I've had a receding hairline for years now, though haven't spoken to many people about hairloss.

I'm gonna be 30 years old in April and started to notice my hair was beginning to recede when I was 18. It became more noticible when I was around 22, so I started taking propecia and using regain. I stopped using propecia when I found out that it has no effect on hair on the front part of the head, and I only used regain for a couple of weeks as it made my scalp itch and caused a rash.

I've attached a pic of my hairline, I think I'm a two on the Norwood scale. I get the hairloss from my dad's side of the family, and have a brother but he is showing no sign of receding. I guess my Dad is a Norwood 3 and he's in his early sixties.

I know my hairloss is relatively not that bad and seems to be slow, I'm hoping mine will follow my Dads pattern so the crown and back will hopefully not be affected. But loosing my hair is really starting to affect my confidence and makes me feel shite really.

So I'm seriously looking into what my options are. Has anyone had any luck with meds that control hairloss on the front portions of the scalp? Is there anything I should be doing or taking to try and get my loss under control?

I'm looking into having a HT and have found this forum to be an amazing source of info about that. But generally there seems to be alot of confusing and contradictory advice around about MPB, and all this info just bambozeles me. Any advice or info you could give would be a massive help.

Cheers and a Merry Christmas

Skipp

post-1418-1167000205_thumb.jpg

Your situation is not far from mine.

Propecia will only prevent futher loss and hasn't be proven to help regrow in the front. Nothing can unfortunately. The best thing is to stabalise your loss with propecia and then HT the front with an ethical Dr who will plan appropriately for you incase you do continue to lose more hair.

I had my HT with Dr Feller and it was the best thing i ever did as it has completely restored my confidence and allowed me to get on with my life. Research HT's and do not fall at the hands of dodgy clinics especially here in the UK.

Merry xmas!!

The only thing for the front is a hair transplant unfortunately but if backed up with meds you can get amazing results if you chose a top shelf surgeon.

Hi guys I have the same problem also.So can somebody tell me or advice me who is the best HT Clinic in Europe because I'm from Macedonia and I'm to far from Dr.Feller:))) is there any clinic in Europe who is good like Dr.Feller.

Never make geography an issue when considering a HT other wise you could end up paying for it in more ways than one :) NY is only 6/7 hrs fro you surely. Noone said getting a top class HT was easy! If you want a HT go to the best regardless of location.

Travel!

Thanks guys for the advice re: Propecia, I'm gonna start taking it again.

Hairroot, your HT is really impressive, I'm looking into having one and ideally would like FUE rather than strip if I did, however cost and the need to consider further HTs might make this impossible.

Do you mind if I ask how much time you had to take off work after the transplant and how long it was noticible for? The other thing that worries me is "shockloss", does anyone know if this is common, especially permanent shockloss?

Cheers

I had about 2-3 weeks off work and all the redness was gone by approx 2 weeks. I didn't experience any shockloss at all. In the right Drs hands shockloss is illiminated to the best of the dr's ability. The majority of my work was done slightly infront of my existing hairline though so no shock would occur as no hair there.

Where Dr Feller blended it into my existing hair though there was no shockloss though. Careful placement :)

I think permanent shock only occurs to weak hair that's on its way out anyway.

Hi guys I have the same problem also.So can somebody tell me or advice me who is the best HT Clinic in Europe because I'm from Macedonia and I'm to far from Dr.Feller:))) is there any clinic in Europe who is good like Dr.Feller.

Komplex, I'm going to give you a thousand lines for asking this question too often :) Get a pen and paper and write "There aren't any good HT clinics in Europe, all the UK clinics are butchers and the US is the only place to get a HT" a thousand times.

I had about 2-3 weeks off work and all the redness was gone by approx 2 weeks. I didn't experience any shockloss at all. In the right Drs hands shockloss is illiminated to the best of the dr's ability. The majority of my work was done slightly infront of my existing hairline though so no shock would occur as no hair there.

Where Dr Feller blended it into my existing hair though there was no shockloss though. Careful placement :)

I think permanent shock only occurs to weak hair that's on its way out anyway.

Thanks for the help. I'm comming along to the open house in January so hope to meet some of you guys there.