Sign in to follow this  
Dr Rogers

Fue Pictures

Since Im not very "pushy" about encouraging patients posting their photos, I am very grateful to this patient allowing me to take and show these close up photos.

It features 1000 FUE just into the temples immediately on completion.

Hopefully, it shows good density is possible with FUE and demonstrates the deliberate effect of randomness along the hairline. We tend not to clean up the area too much as I think it is best to leave the grafts as undisturbed as possible.

post-343-1166704201_thumb.jpg

post-343-1166704236_thumb.jpg

post-343-1166704258_thumb.jpg

Dr Rogers, good to see you on here. You must see many repair cases from different clinics in the UK. Do you care to mention your findings on the general standard that is being offered to patients here in the UK from these so called "leading clinics".

Hopefully, it shows good density is possible with FUE

Surely its not about FUE providing density as FUE is the extraction method. Its about the number of grafts being placed into a particular area. You extract 1000 grafts via strip or FUE you are still going to get the same density are you not? A graft is a graft whether extracted via strip or FUE <_<

This placement you have showed us, do you use lateral slit? and also what density per cm2 is this at? Were these 1000 FUE performed in one day?

Thanks for the pictures. Hopefully he will allow you to show us pictures of his hair once it has grown out (or even better, get him to join the forum and display pictures of his progress). What does his donor area look like? It's a bit difficult to see the grafts with the area not having been "cleaned up" but at least the positioning and randomness along the hairline looks natural, unlike the picture of the recent Norton attempt at a temple HT.

Since Im not very "pushy" about encouraging patients posting their photos, I am very grateful to this patient allowing me to take and show these close up photos.

Dr Rogers, do you not take pictures of all your patients like all the other Dr's so that you can monitor and compare the pre op/post op pictures? Do the majority of patients not agree to have any pictures taken at all, this would answer a great deal!?

Are you implying that all other Dr's push patients to post their pictures and their personal experiences.I think its clear what you are implying and i think thats a little weak on your behalf. <_< Is it not essential that patients post their own pictures and experiences in order to educate others in terms of the varying standards in HT's?

I persoanlly think this is a little lame and as a HT doctor it is your duty to provide pictures of results. Block the patient face out, or are ALL your patients opposed to even that?

I am not being funny here but you have an opportunity here to provide us with some of your best pre op post op pictures, especially hairline shots. Can you post just 10 clear hairline shots of your work. I don't think this is too much to ask for <_<

The door has been opened Dr Rogers for you to come in and show us your work <_<

why not present it like this: Link to hairlines by Dr Feller

I truly hope you step up to the plate :o

I dont get it...im not being funny but why show a picture immediately post-op? Surely one with hair growing through would be more evidence, this one just kind of looks a scabby site (no offense), only the sh*t Norton did to me looked very, very similar when it was first done, then it started growing and here i am, a walking talking human doll...totally agree with Helpme, it would be better seeing actual "results"...these aren't, it just looks like a painful rash! No offence to patient or doctor!

I think immediate post op pictures are good, as long as they are followed up with progress photos. This helps patients know what to expect and understand that they don't go into the clinic bald and leave with a full head of hair as seen in the glossy brochures Norton sent you.

Maybe this is a very recent HT and follow up pics aren't yet available?

I don't think its too much to ask to see several pre/post op pics from a Dr do you especially when he comes on to the forum and shows us an immediately post op pic which in all honesty is no use to man nor beast. We have seen immediately post op pics a million times on all the forums.

PB, if you were a doc on this forum would you not come on with several solid pre /post op pics of various patients rather than a random immed post op?

Other established Dr's with solid reps regularly interact with their patients and perspective patients on these forums and regularly provide detailed pictures of various patients. These Dr's are highly respected as they satnd up and get counted by displaying various work to be scrutinsed by us and take the heat come what may. These Dr's that do this and get involved in these forums have my respect as they have NOTHING to hide! ;)

Think about it!

Yes I agree that after pics are required, but let's give the man a chance to reply ;) After all, he did log on using his real name, which is a first for a UK doc and he did show pictures of his work. Perhaps after pics will follow.

Yes I agree, but let's give the man a chance to reply After all, he did log on using his real name, which is a first for a UK doc and he did show pictures of his work.

;) Thats a first for a UK Clinic!!! B)

Ready when you are Dr Rogers, you have the floor! ;)

Other established Dr's with solid reps regularly interact with their patients and perspective patients on these forums and regularly provide detailed pictures of various patients. These Dr's are highly respected as they satnd up and get counted by displaying various work to be scrutinsed by us and take the heat come what may. These Dr's that do this and get involved in these forums have my respect as they have NOTHING to hide!

I must agree with you 110%. The fact a Dr is prepared to discuss and show pictures of his patients on a regular basis is very important. I have read a great deal on these forums and i persoanlly found it very reassuring when i read a variety of Dr Fellers posts. He stands up and puts his point across and backs it up with fact. I have read many posts by Dr's and many post and then never reply for whatever reason. A Dr that sees it through to the end and interacts with the public is honarable as helpme stated, they have nothing to hide.

I think this is an ideal opportunity for Dr Rogers to stand up and get counted ;)

maybe you could pribe your patients dr rogers like hw, feller,cole, armani, etc

i read that all their patients don't want their pictures shown either but the drs just blackmail them ;)

No, it's just that I recognise the fact that we don't tend to show a lot of photos but I do intend to in the future.

Why haven't I shown more? A number of reasons:

I believe the patient has got to give consent but I do tend to feel pushy and commercial asking for it. I know from looking at some other HT doctors consent forms, that when you sign up for the hair transplant, there is a paragraph in there consenting to showing your pictures too. Do you think that is reasonable?

I also think that on the whole, UK guys are more reticent about wanting to show their pictures, even blacked out, in case their friends see it. In USA, I would say that there is less stigma and more of the patients feel "proud" and open about having done something - almost an achievement to celebrate. It's not unusual for patients to refuse any photos to be taken, even though I explain it's purely for medicolegal reasons, not brochures. Otherwise, I take photos of all my patients.

I also find that (quite reasonably) when patients are happy and feel they have achieved their HT goals, they are not that motivated to travel (perhaps 2-3 hours) for a 10 minute chat with me to take their photos. I cannot show those follow up photos if they don't return. Sometimes, people will take their own photos, but since they are not taken under the same conditions (camera, lighting, out of focus etc) then they are not adequate for viewing.

I thought it would be interesting to show these particular photos as there often is debate about dense packing, FUE numbers etc. In this case, we placed 550 FUs on the right temple and 450 on the left (smaller area) over two days - one side each day. It equates to 50 per cmsq. It will be even better when they grow.

Finally, the improvements we have made in the past 2-3 years, can only be demonstrated by the actual hair growth, which of course takes time. Expect to see more of these pictures in the future.

Dr Rogers, with all due respect i think your repsonse is very weak!

I also think that on the whole, UK guys are more reticent about wanting to show their pictures, even blacked out, in case their friends see it. In USA, I would say that there is less stigma and more of the patients feel "proud" and open about having done something - almost an achievement to celebrate. It's not unusual for patients to refuse any photos to be taken, even though I explain it's purely for medicolegal reasons, not brochures. Otherwise, I take photos of all my patients.

But we have many UK patients here who gladly show their pictures with their face blacked out or forehead cropped.

Here are a few: link to patient pics

Can you not even provide us with 10 before and after pictures of your patients??

I also find that (quite reasonably) when patients are happy and feel they have achieved their HT goals, they are not that motivated to travel (perhaps 2-3 hours) for a 10 minute chat with me to take their photos. I cannot show those follow up photos if they don't return. Sometimes, people will take their own photos, but since they are not taken under the same conditions (camera, lighting, out of focus etc) then they are not adequate for viewing.

So you have no repeat patients who return for further work, top ups??Surely you must a have at least a few?? ;) ;)

Finally, the improvements we have made in the past 2-3 years, can only be demonstrated by the actual hair growth, which of course takes time. Expect to see more of these pictures in the future.

Again this is weak in my honest opinion. Your improvements have been made over the last 2/3 years yet you have no results to show us. Several guys have documented results and shown great progress after only 6 months. So this again is weak in your defense in my honest opinion. I know it must sound like i'm breaking your balls but i am only asking basic questions here.

BairhairUK just had a repair session from Dr Feller after a UK clinic churned him up and he posts pictures gladly like most UK guys. This guy is a repair patient who you would have thought would be "more reticent" than most about posting pictures but does it, and does it well.

He has just posted some more very clear pictures here and also states that he was not asked to post pictures as you are implying by his Dr.

I think keeping the recipient area clean and void of all obstruction very important. This surely in turn will enable the Dr to obtain a much more precise result.

Dr Roger pic immediately post op

Untitledr.jpg

Me immediately post op

Untitledj.jpg

Is this definately 50 hairs per square cm?

UntitledUI.jpg

Helpme - I think that Dr Rogers is one of the UK good guys (sorry - only good guy)

We have a bit of a anti-UK doc sentiment on here at the moment - and rightly so as we so so many botched jobs by UK hair mills. BUT and it is a big but - I think lets allow Dr Rogers to show his work. He did reply, he works with Dr Feller on the BAL staple revision. He always comes across as genuine and he posts under his own name and not set up some shrills to do his bidding for him.

To me that takes some guts and he has my respect - ;)

Dr Rogers,

Congratulations on your FUE case. It’s nice to see other doctors offering

this procedure around the world. I think yours are the first photos of FUE

work I’ve seen come out of the UK and I look forward to more in the future.

I would encourage you and all UK doctors to post your results and methods.

The internet is here to stay and this is where patients who want to educate

themselves come to get the information they need. Text is nice, but nothing

beats photos to truly show off your success and show potential patients why

they should go to you.

When I discovered internet hair transplant chat sites in 2002 I immediately

flooded the internet with pre op and post op pictures I had sitting in photo

albums for years. You should do the same you should have a few dozen by now.

Post them! Just crop out the face.

You should know that I don’t “push” my patients to post their photos and

American patients are just as reticent to show their faces as any British

subject. I believe it is a misperception on your part to believe that most

of your patients are so sensitive as to not allow even a cropped photo to be

displayed on the internet. I think in my 14 years of practicing I’ve had

maybe 5 patients decline to have their photos shown with a big square over

their faces. On the contrary, most patients have no problem with it and many

times say the square is unnecessary. BAL, the patient we are doing the

rotating staple experiment on is a British subject and has absolutely no

problem with showing his photos with his face cropped. Truth is, I think

Brits are more laid back than Americans in general. More stoic in my

opinion.

If you could, I would like to see the donor area of the FUE patient you

posted above. What size punch did you use? Who manufactured it? When I come

to England come visit me and I will give you a few Feller FUE punches. Use

them and tell me what you think. You may find that they GREATLY facilitate

extraction.

Dr. Feller

This is exactly what i am on about! Dr Feller you have just gone up another notch in my book! Thank you for taking the time to post and give your opinion on the matter. It is much appreciated and as always very informative ;)

I look forward to meeting you in the new year.

Harry

I think keeping the recipient area clean an void of obstruction very important. This surely in turn will enable the Dr to obtain a much more precise result.

Dr Roger pic immediately post op

Untitledr.jpg

Me immediately post op

Untitledj.jpg

The recipient area is always kept clean during insertion of the grafts. This photo is taken after that but we didn't clean it again. Maybe I was wrong to show the pictures so early but I wanted to show what we can do now. I would very pleased if more of my patients came forward - many of them have read the forums and taken advice, which can only be a good thing. But don't forget, the regulars on here are a particularly motivated bunch who are willing to travel around the world - the majority of forum readers (but not posters)may not wish to do that and therefore may not wish to post pictures either. That doesn't mean they're unhappy with their result.

For the record, I am definitely not implying any of my colleagues coerce their patients into going public or using their photos without permission. But if I haven't personally asked a patient if I can use their pictures, then I don't use them and may be I've been too reticent about that. I have noticed however, that part of the consent form at some clinics, includes giving permission to use the photos. I am asking the opinion of the forum readers whether they feel it is appropriate - it seems too impersonal too me and too presumptious.

Anyway, I've not been afraid to come on here and I'm very serious about offering a service where patients don't feel they have to go to America. Point taken - I need to show the photos to prove that to everyone but then again, this is where I start to do that.

Is this definately 50 hairs per square cm??

UntitledUI.jpg

Also can you repsond to Dr Fellers question

If you could, I would like to see the donor area of the FUE patient you

posted above. What size punch did you use? Who manufactured it? When I come

to England come visit me and I will give you a few Feller FUE punches. Use

them and tell me what you think. You may find that they GREATLY facilitate

extraction.

Dear Dr Feller,

Good afternoon!

Maybe you're right and UK patients would be more happy to show their results than I realise - I'll try it.. However, I do think there are different subsets of patients, some of whom are definitely more up front than others. After all, we are talking to the motivated ones.

I'll post the donor area pics on Monday when I go back to work.

Hope to see you in January.

Hairroot - I worked out that the two temples were in total 20cmsq and there was exactly 1000 FUE placed. Along the front hairline, it is deliberately randomly sparse. Further back, where the scabs are blended together, it will actually be higher density. If you make a hairline too dense, with no random sparseness along the edge, it tends to look too "sudden." We are trying to mimic the look of nature where odd sprouting hairs and changes in hair texture and density occur.

I'll post the donor area pics on Monday when I go back to work.

Thanks Dr Rogers for being so open with the questions being asked and being fast to reply to these questions... this alone is very important to me to see a genuine UK HT Dr wanting to be open with us and agreeing that it would benifit us all in the UK to see some progress pictures of his HT patients.

I think this is very positive progress and really great to see finally we have someone we know that has a good reputation in the UK and willing to work with us on this.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics.

;)

Dr Rogers, do you not take pictures of all your patients like all the other Dr's so that you can monitor and compare the pre op/post op pictures? Do the majority of patients not agree to have any pictures taken at all, this would answer a great deal!?

I think UK surgeons (like virtually all surgeons anywhere) take photographs of their patients but they usually only reserve them for review purposes to compare and evaluate on growth etc. It's no surprise to me that Dr Rogers is the first of the UK surgeons to actively post in forums and show some of his work. I hope it's a sign of things to come. Thanks for sharing doc.

BAL, the patient we are doing the rotating staple experiment on is a British

subject and has absolutely no problem with showing his photos with his face

cropped.

Hi Dr Feller, about those photos.. have you managed to prepare any? If so can you please send them to me. Thanks.

It features 1000 FUE just into the temples immediately on completion.

Hopefully, it shows good density is possible with FUE and demonstrates the deliberate effect of randomness along the hairline. We tend not to clean up the area too much as I think it is best to leave the grafts as undisturbed as possible.

Dr Rogers i think it only fair to bring this topic up again as the patient is clearly unhappy about it and hopefully you will respond and reassure him after all he is your patient, and its the patient what really matters (i think we all agree on this, well most of us) ;) .