oferhod

There Is A Free Solution

Hello oferhod!

I agree with what ur saying, shaving ur head is a free hair loss solution if ur comfortable with it.

I have shaved my head several times but i just dont don feel comfortable with it and always let it grow out again as i feel better with longer hair.

I guess it just boils down to what ur comfortable and confident with!

Regards

Tom

Hi and Welcome Oferhod and Tommytwo

You are certainly right when saying there is this option.

On the site it may not get the some coverage as other options but that is something I am looking at.

I cover it here http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/Option6.htm

Like Tommytwo says it can also be down to confidence, that really plays a very very important part in what someone feels comfortable with.

Bill

indeed - by far the easiest solution by far - but as we know life ain't easy.

I think for younger guys its much harder to come to terms with and with there being products and options more accessible today people feel the need to at least try them in order to come to terms with it better. I admire these guys who just shave it down - i tried it but just couldn't deal with it. Unfortunately for me i started losing my hair at 21 and i found it tough.

some people can pull it off.. wish i was one of them! would have saved me a whole world of anxiety.

Agree with Specs

It ain't that easy just to say what the heck and shave it all off.

I do not have the balls or the nerve do that, so will continue looking for the ultimate treatment.

RonnieF

Hey, is this site just for men? I don't think a woman would entertain that solution, not unless she has determined to wear a wig for life! Seriously though, hair loss is as traumatic for men and women alike and I think it is a pity that no one is prepared to help in real terms unless you are prepared to part with a fortune, not just one off, but all the time. My husband tried Minoxidil and got a baby like fuzz for all that money and as pointed out, any ground gained just reverses if discontinued. He has just given up and let nature take its course.

I had a lot of thinning due to hormone problems in my early thirties, and whilst it halted when diagnosed and treated, it never regrew either. It was a shock to me to know that women can get thin on top too. I take vitamins for hair and also use a concealer on bad days where I can see scalp shine. I bet we all look at those photos where we had masses of hair and sigh...........

Marie - hairloss is traumatic for both men and women a like. Hairloss is less common in women and tends to be linked to hormonal inbalances.

My sister lost a great deal of hair after giving birth and went though a hard time because of it. She found a solution which aided her recovery by taking a supplement specifically designed for women .

link

i appreciate that her loss was mainly due to her pregnacy - and this can be common for women after birth but maybe its worth you giving it a try if you've not yet done so

good luck

Hi and Welcome Marie

This forum and web site are not just for men.

There are boards for women at the bottom of the page, but as the forum is so new nobody has posted yet.

You could be a first !

Hair loss affects more men than women, hence more coverage for men, however hair loss in women can be much more devastating as this society generally tolerates hair loss in men but just can't seem accept hair loss in women.

The web site cover women's hair loss in detail here - http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/WomensHairloss.htm

Minoxidil is like any other hair loss product, what works for one person may not work for another !

It usually produdes good results but like everthing else it takes time to see results.

Bill

http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk

Hello Again

Many thanks for your welcoming comments and advice. I shall certainly try the linked product as I try anything reputed to help. I know Minoxidil has had good results for some. My husband tried it from one of those Harley Street hair clinics quite early on when its hair growing side effects were discovered. It really did cost such a lot of money to embark upon and continue this treatment at that time, but maybe it is better priced now.

My hormone imbalance is now permanently treated and the hair loss has stopped, but it just hasn't regrown the way I thought it would, given that this is quite a few years ago now. I live in hopes.

depending on your husbands loss he could take propecia as this is by far the best product available in preventing further loss. this product is only for men.

the fact that your loss occured a while ago and it has still not returned is unfortunate - hair follicles if disrupted useually take about 3/4 months to go though their cylce before returning to a new pattern.

Has your loss stabilized?

I shall look into Propecia for him. My own loss has certainly stablilised for several years now but nothing seems to stimulate regrowth. The hair on the top of my head and especially at the front, is decidedly thin. (At least I don't have to borrow his razor nowadays- all growth has come practically to a halt!)

I feel that somewhere there must be an 'On' button just as surely as the 'Off' one is pressed in at present.... My problem is probably rather weird and not at all typical. Hormones can do funny and unpredictable things.... This is why I might just find that some product or other just could do the trick - I continue to search for it. I feel it won't be topical but something taken into the system.

Marie

When Minoxidil first came out it was by prescription only, the clinics used to charge a lot for it because that was the only option available.

Now it is available over the counter, as Regaine which has seen the price drop dramatically.

It is available from Boots and most other chemists.

Also available cheap on the web and E-bay.

Be wary about E-bay sellers though.

It will be a lot cheaper than when your hausband firdt tried it.

Bill

yes it is for women - but womens is 2% - mens is 5% - DO NOT use the 5%!

Minox 2% is a weaker soulution obviously but be aware that if you start minox and you have benefits from it - you will need to continue its use indeffinately to maintain those results. If you stop using it you will consequently return to your original situation - your hair become minox dependant!

Hi Marie

When I first started on Minoxidil I got it at a clinic and it was very expensive. I now buy at boots and it is almost half what I used to pay about 4 years ago.

RonnieF

ronnie - boots is still relatively expensive!

you could try here! Cheap Minoxidil - it is the kirkland brand but never the less it is the same stuff. Some peopledo complain about it's greasiness but worth a try - i use it!

all the best

I have been shaving my hair off since December 2002 I believe... and to be fair it's actually more suitable on me than when I had normal length hair BUT now that I'm losing more hair, you can see the baldness pattern more when I shave (I don't shave it to 0, probably 0.5).. so it's not working for me no more.

I'm middle Eastern and my skin is tanned but a little white at the moment specially in this cold weather here so the shaved style don't look the greatest all the time.... it usually works and looks better on darker people or during summer when you can put on a tan.

To be honest, if I ever gain hair again after using those products, I'd still shave my hair very short because I'm so used to it now... if only my hair on the top was strong like my sides :( they grow every bloody 2 days, so fast I get bored and sick of shaving.

Anyways since 2002 I've only left my hair get longer once and it looked horrible.. I couldn't even comb it into the middle to make it look good but now it would be even worse If I try and I don't think I can handle it no more, it's destroying my social life and mentally etc..

ok sorry I rambled on lol.

yep!

i am also a user of Trichogen.

It works on me too!

my hair loss problem has been stopped after being used for a month.

I find my hair grow stronger than before.

It is so glad to see that ,

you guys can try !

when you say your hair grew, do you mean NEW hairs where it was bald or just the same hair growing stronger? I'm using Regaine/Rogaine 5% extra strong (just started 6 days ago) at the moment on it's own but I doubt that will do much seeing as it doesn't stop the hair loss and it only works on the crown.. might get MSM later but I doubt that one also will help stop hairloss. I'm worried to use the Propecia plus the fact that it is quiet expensive don't help either.

The thing with my hair is that I still have some on the top, back and front but they are very very weak.. my prediction is they will fall by next year at most so I'm trying to save those plus grow some new ones so when I shave my head at least it doesn't still look like I'm bald, if that makes any sense... I'm just surprised that after so many years there hasn't been a break where it works for every men, I mean humans and technology are so advanced now you'd think they would have found something that works fast and stuff, ah well. All I need now is something that has strong effect on the front hairs.