jaym

I'm New Help...

:) Hi everyone. I am new here and want to share my s@@@ experience. I am 35, started going thin at 17, and a trichologist told me ive got "male pattern balding", i was 17 and i sh*t myself, i needed hair, so i rushed to "growth hair clinic" who told me they will attach a transparent piece of "silicone" to my temples with hair which seems to grow directly from the scalp. Being young and stupid, i paid £1000 for this. On fitting it was a WIG, held on to my head with pieces of metal. I went out that night and everyone was looking at it. I went home in tears, looked in the mirror and ripped it off, half my hair came off with it, and my scalp was bleeding but i was s glad to get the f@*%i?g thing off. I went back to see them, he sent me to see a hair transplant surgeon (with not even a partial refund). He sent me to see someone you may all know...Thomas Norton at Transform. The guy i saw before him said "Tom wont do it, you may be able to find a back street one to do it but tom wont, your only 17 and only receeding slightly". 2 Minutes later he walked in "yes i can fill your temples in no problem, you will love the results". So i underwent surgery. F@*& me it hurt. Several months later, i noticed wierd plugs of dolls hair growing on my head, i honestly didnt know what they were. Then because my donor area swelling settled, i shaved it (as i liked the back/sides shaved) went to work and my friends were saying "what the f*&? is tha on the back of your head?". When i got home i looked in the mirror and saw an almighty tram line on the back of my head. I thought my life was over. I grew it back. A few years later after receeding more, i had no option but to do something about this so i went to a place called Regency crown in manchester. They told me the same thing "we will disguise this atrocity and you will love the results". I had 2 transplants there, both times i had my head bandaged for a few days. After the second time, i noticed the treated areas were raised, kind of slightly raised bumps, i also noticed that the donor areas were circles (scarring) where they punched the hairs out. "oh s*&?" i thought and my stomach turned "what the f*&? have i done?". For a few years i plodded on, getting occasional thoughts of "i wish i had the courage to end my life" (may seem extreme but it knocked all the happiness/confidence out of me). Then i got a letter from Tom Nortons helper, cant remember his name, saying "How are things! Tom has now got his own clinic, hes so sucessfull and now offers advanced "1 hair at a time" technology to disguise "dolls hair plugs"". At last i thought! Maybe one day i will be happy. Me being the complete d*&? head i am went to see him (i was now 22ish). He told me all the usual crap as before but was really, really convincing, and even apologised for the first time saying it has come a long way since then. I agreed to undergo more surgery, please bear in mind that i just had transplants at the temples and still had my own hair everywhere else. He cut a gigantic strip from the bottom of the back of my scalp, literally millimetres from my neck. Then started punching holes from my head. Something seemed wrong, he was punching holes from the front/top rather than the temples, and it seemed low down. This cost me £1600. Several months later and after the absolute AGONY of my donor scar healing, the hairs started to grow, but there was a problem. They were about 8-10mm BELOW my natural hair line, spaced out, in clumps of 4-5 hairs, and i had them all along my hairline, PLUS the added bonus of a huge scar on top of my neck. You can probably imaging how i felt. I then went to Advanced hair studio in manchester, who sold me a wig but claimed it to be "silicone life like" as the other place earlier did. It was literally like a piece of carpet, and the metal used to hold it on made my hair transplants swolen and red, so i ripped that one off aswell, pullung my horrible HT's along with it, so much that my head was pouring with blood. I then sat there and thought "well what the f*&? do i do now?". I ran out of ideas, so i gave up. I worked nights for a lot of years and kept out of the publics way as i felt so s*&?. Ithen met my wife who is fantastic. She supports me immensely, and understands. Next i got on the internet and decided to try one last time, only i decided as im going thinner and thinner i want to shave it off because HAIR TRANSPLANTS RUIN YOUR LIFE. |So i went to a place called "*****" in Manchester. I said i want to shave my head. The man at the consultation told me they will remove the bumps on my temples i previously mentioned, and they will get my scalp looking natural so i can shave it. I explained as im not working ive not much money, £2500 is my familys savings, he explained it will hardly cost me anything, and i wont even need to touch my savings, but it took me almost 2 months of mailing him to get a price. He told me (in an email) £1600 to remove the bumps and £2500 for a very thin covering at the front. This knocked me for six. He promised me it will cost next to nothing, but as he told me it will look so good i underwent the surgery. This was agony to say the least. Just after the surgeon told me the redness will go, as will the bumpiness after a short while, and that i will be left with two 1mm pencil line scars, so small even i will struggle to see them. 10 days later i went back to get the stitches out and saw the man again, he scrunched his face when he saw it and said "within a month the redness/swelling will reduce as will the bumpiness". 3 months later and its bright red, and bumpy as hell, worse than before, and i am upset and very distressed. Thanks for reading this, if anyone wants a more detailed description of any of these clinics, please leave a reply and i will email you about them. I am going to shave my head very, very soon, just need to find the balls to do it, which is what i recommend to everyone. Hair transplants have ruined my life. Im not bothered about the money, just what it has done to me, especially this Farjo one, that man (who also has a poor HT) made out he was a "friend" and "wanted to help"...i fell for it big time, never ever again. I dont weant to call anyone names i just want people to hear my experience and then judge yourself. On these forums which are new to me today, all these clinics have been called in one way or another...also if there is anyone out there who has shaved their head please tell me what it was like after, thanks!!! SORRY THIS MESSAGE IS SO LONG, NEEDED TO GET IT OFF MY CHEST! PLEASE ALSO NOTE I AM NOT DEROGATORISING ANY CLINICS I AM JUST SHARING THE EXPERIENCES I HAVE HAD. IF ANY CLINIC WANTS ME TO REMOVE/ALTER SOME WORDING I WILL DO SO IMMEDIATELY IF THEY MAIL ME DIRECT.

This post just is so typical of the UK how are these butchers allowed to perform surgery :) :D :ph34r:

Sorry to read your story ! It sounds so familar to all the other unfortunate UK repair guys on here and other forums.

You will find many bad reviews from the clinics you mentioned on the forums but rest assured you are in a good place now. Read through the forum and obtain information from guys in similar situations who have been there done it and worn the T shirt and fortunately overcome their problems. You are not alone!!!

Read this post from BadhairUK who recently went under a fanstastic repair session with Dr Feller.

BadhairUK

You should put an email into Spex as he is the guy to talk to about getting top quality advice on your situ. He was a repair patient him self and has helped many guys overcome their UK butchering.

You have quite honestly jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire imo, run a search on them :ph34r:

Read the forum!!! :)

Jaym, i really, really feel for you, i had 3 bad transplants in the uk, plus went to ahs, i thought the whole industry was a scam, luckily i found these forums 8 years later and was able to salvage my situation.

I hope the redness goes and you can look normal again

Those b@stards!! :ph34r: Again so sorry to hear about your situation :) :) The UK is not the place to get a HT done and now it sounds like you have very few options thanks to the b@stards here in the UK.

Read through the forum and you will hopefully gain a great deal of hope from other guys results here! :ph34r: There is a topic in my signature call "clinics to avoid" feel free to add to it!

Definately get in contact with Spex

www.hair-help.co.uk

I hope this post doesn't get deleted :D :ph34r: These clinics need exposing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So sorry to hear your story :)

Take your time and get some good advice from people on here - especially Spex - That way you can weigh up options without having anyone push you down a particular route - The good news is that things can be done and there are people on here who have similar stories and have come out the other end - looking good and feeling confident about themselves. :)

This is definitely an aspect that AliceB should pick up on.

Jaym, I really am so sorry to hear what you have been thru.... you may not realise it yet but you have found the place that can finally help you get your life back on track! You are amongst many friends here who have been in a similar place to you. This was such an early age for you to have to start dealing with this crap in your life, IT IS TOTALLY UNFAIR! :) but I am so pleased you found this site, you are no longer lost!!

Your story made me very sad when I read it, I too was young at around 22 when mine started... and I also went the 'silicone hair... Liquid hair' WIG! route at the beggining... and I too RIPPED it off after just a 2 days!! :D These con artisits have no heart and pray on the most fragile people to pay for there expensive houses etc. Its sickening.. its also great to see some of the guys posting there names above to shame them F&ckers! :)

I'm 34 so about the same age and had my UK butchering by Nobel Hair Clinic when I was 23.. but you have gone back and back again to the same butchers that have torn you apart.. but the secret is the real HT doctors that are experts at natural hair line and repair of scars from UK butchers are based OUTSIDE the UK...mainly USA! (except one! Dr Rogers, who does have a good reputation for a UK clinic)

Please read the replies to your post... because you are bound to now receive some very valuable replies and a wealth of information to get you back on track again.

I just had my repair at Feller Medical in New York and live in Essex, but the distance is not an option when your life is effected this much.

Again... it was shocking to read your story, it was the worst I have heard yet TBH... but you have come to the right place for help. I think you must be a strong person just to have come through this.. I have had such Low's but not been through half as much.

Take your time and read up on here... and you will start seeing there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

All the best mate.

p.s You may not want to post pics, but it will help to understand your situation a bit easier.

jaym

i am so sorry to read what you have been through the advise given here is very solid and experienced :) you have been very unfortunate to not find this forum sooner :) what ever you do do not go back to a uk clinic :ph34r:

speak to spex he is very helpful and will definately be able to help :D

speak to spex he is very helpful and will definately be able to help :)

Yes, contact Spex - you probably don't trust anybody after all you have been through, but there are enough people on this forum alone that can verify that he is honest and won't try and sell you anything - he will be 100% straight up with you and give you the best possible advice. He has seen hundreds of UK clinic victims and has helped many of them. You will feel better after just talking to him.

Definitely! I remember feeling anxious before my repair surgery as there were things I didnt understand then and he called me and my stress levels came right back down again.. in just a few minutes. He wont direct you anywhere you shouldnt be going for sure.. you will be heading in the right direction for once.

I think U deserve real break.... and u have found one by finding this site.. so Congrats on the 1st GOOD THING you have done in a while..lol.. :) you havent had any luck until now.

Hey jaym

I'll add to the other voices here by recommending that you see Spex. After the s#it you've been through, you deserve a break and an honest opinion on this and you will get the best advice by seeing him.

Jaym, Your more than welcome for anything that can help resolve the terrible time you have been through.

Just my own advice is Dont Rush now.. you have made the 1st step and found genuine people like you to help you. Dont rush any decisions, you need to absorb what people will be advising you over the next few month(s) or so.

One piece of advice I can give is that Dr Feller is the very best HT dr you will find anywhere today, he is visiting London at an open day in January, this will be an ideal time for you to meet him! He is a truely genuine guy that has your concerns at heart, not the money. Spex will tell you more. But this may give you some peace of mind, you wont have to travel to the USA to get the best possibe advice from a leading Dr. (who I just had repair surgery from last week)

Dont be afraid to say exactly what u mean about those B'tads that tore u apart.. as you are amoungst many people here that are repair patients.. we all know exactly how your feeling... including the lost money! That I too didnt care about it even tho I had to borrow that money. We just want a normal life.

Anyways... You can sit back and just let things fall into place what ever direction you decide to take.. it will be well guided.

No More torture chambers for you anymore!! :)

:)

jaym , im really sorry to hear what happend to u , uve been thru the Sh@t there la, stay strong Bro !! have a word with spex , hes one of the good guys u can trust.

it took balls telling us your story !!!

Jaym,

Hi there and welcome aboard! :) I am more than happy to help in anyway i can. Feel free to drop me an email and i will do all i can to help.

Regards

Spex

Cheers, will do that now, i didnt know where to complain. Can i just say ive just seen your pictures and they do look impressive, good news that your happy with them...well done, good to hear a happy story!

Yet another example of a victim from the UK butchers clinics. :)

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS ONE ISHERWOOD? :) If you're still reading, I notice that you hav'nt been back since getting the Norton post deleted.

This is so sad, someone who seems to have had it even worse than myself. :huh:

Tom Norton is no better than these conmen who lie their way into old ladies houses and steal their lifesavings.

JayM, reading your post brought it all back to me, being told that my problem could be sorted, finding these forums a few years too late etc. Its clear that these UK surgeons dont have any ethics whatsoever. Doing hairline work on a 17yr old who will surely continue to progress, they must have loved it knowing that you would have to come back for more work (£££). But you have to find this out the hard way.

These ba57ards treat patients as if they were disposable objects. They are only interested in getting your money and could'nt care less what you end up looking like.

Its a shame that you've had to endure so much surgery and to be honest I feel that (sadly) there is a chance that your donor area may be used up. :(

Like everyone else here I can only suggest that you meet up with Spex. He may work for Dr Feller but he is not a HT salesman, you can trust him 100% he is totaly honest and will be the best person to see exactly what your options are.

Good luck.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS ONE ISHERWOOD? :) If you're still reading, I notice that you hav'nt been back since getting the Norton post deleted.

This is so sad, someone who seems to have had it even worse than myself. ;)

Tom Norton is no better than these conmen who lie their way into old ladies houses and steal their lifesavings.

JayM, reading your post brought it all back to me, being told that my problem could be sorted, finding these forums a few years too late etc. Its clear that these UK surgeons dont have any ethics whatsoever. Doing hairline work on a 17yr old who will surely continue to progress, they must have loved it knowing that you would have to come back for more work (£££). But you have to find this out the hard way.

These ba57ards treat patients as if they were disposable objects. They are only interested in getting your money and could'nt care less what you end up looking like.

Its a shame that you've had to endure so much surgery and to be honest I feel that (sadly) there is a chance that your donor area may be used up. :ph34r:

Like everyone else here I can only suggest that you meet up with Spex. He may work for Dr Feller but he is not a HT salesman, you can trust him 100% he is totaly honest and will be the best person to see exactly what your options are.

Good luck.

Firstly I have not got any posts deleted, I think it’s good to be able to express yourself, but only if you can substantiate what you have to say. As I keep saying, if anybody would like to identify themselves I will be more than happy to look into any genuine complaint you have with any surgery you may have had with us in the last 5 years. We are trying to break the misconception that every hair transplant clinic in the UK is rubbish. We continually improve our service and try very hard to give our patients an honest appraisal of what the best solution for their case is. We don’t just do surgery automatically without it being the only option. Our doctors are I.S.H.R.S members and give the best they can, for every patient!

We continually improve our service and try very hard to give our patients an honest appraisal of what the best solution for their case is. We don’t just do surgery automatically without it being the only option. Our doctors are I.S.H.R.S members and give the best they can, for every patient!

All these complaints must be making it up hey! :) :) How can they come forward and give you their names for you to expose them publically which i'm sure you would do as well! ;) :ph34r: The sooner you are banned from here the better. :lol:

Isherwood, since you dare raise your head here please feel free to join the more prolific forums and respond there to a few posts made about your clinic - maybe they are all wrong: :lol: I would post there if i were you about these false claims as 1000's of guys are reading those posts a aday and have been for yrs. Thankfully this will have saved 1000's but unfortunately some guys will slip through the net and get to you :ph34r:

If you are actually serious then post on these forums with evidence from your clinic and the work it is performing!!!!!!

Question to you, can ALL these complaints be false?????

HLH

HTN

This is so sad, someone who seems to have had it even worse than myself. ;)

Its a shame that you've had to endure so much surgery and to be honest I feel that (sadly) there is a chance that your donor area may be used up. :ph34r:

Good luck.

Firstly I have not got any posts deleted, I think it’s good to be able to express yourself, but only if you can substantiate what you have to say. As I keep saying, if anybody would like to identify themselves I will be more than happy to look into any genuine complaint you have with any surgery you may have had with us in the last 5 years. We are trying to break the misconception that every hair transplant clinic in the UK is rubbish. We continually improve our service and try very hard to give our patients an honest appraisal of what the best solution for their case is. We don’t just do surgery automatically without it being the only option. Our doctors are I.S.H.R.S members and give the best they can, for every patient!

I have yet to read one single positive post by anyone that has been unfortunate enough to walk through Nortons door. How do you sleep at night? You are no better than the common thief taking innocent peoples money with no respect for there well being or there future by knowing how terrible the results will be after a 'Norton HT' with bad scarring and appalling shoddy work. Sickening.

Will you just admit that your company is incapable of performing a decent standard of Hairtransplant !

Anybody who goes to norton will end up with very bad scarring and limited and unnatural results. You have to agree that your surgeon is not even half as good as some of the top Dr's in America and Canada.

Obviously being a member of I.S.H.R.S means nothing.

Some questions for you to answer:

1).Why is it that nobody has ever posted a good result from you on any forum, only bad?

2).If your HT's are so good why has'nt Tom Norton had one? (he needs it)

3).Why have you not got a set price policy displayed on your website as most top clinics have.

If you had any morals you would close down your business immeadiatly and save many vunerable people from being disfigured and having their donor hair wasted by and incompetant surgeon. Hairloss is bad enough to deal with without then paying £1,000's to be left looking like you have been involved in an accident. Although you are fortunate enough to have never had to suffer this.

Im glad im leaving my surgery until next year, new year new start.Though this guy seems a bit unhinged , he has not had a transplant, some sort of repair, only a couple of months ago...then he was told he would need a transplant to cover the area; to disguise the scar...Seems like you should go back to them to finish things off.I came on these sites to get info and was helped a bit, though what is off putting is the amount of shite that is still being put about.listen Jaym sounds like you have had a bit of a sad life, hope you get your head together.Tho i think you need a head doctor rather than a hair transplant

if u read jayms original post u will notice hes had at least 3/4 procedures all telling him things will be better this time round, both hair wise and repair wise... he was Exploited and butcherd by crappy uk clinics .FULL STOP.

Helpmyhair, what a blatant shill, if the guy does need to see a head doctor it will be down to people like you f**ing with his head in the first place.

Apalling tactics to pass him off as a mental case

Helpmyhair, what a blatant shill, if the guy does need to see a head doctor it will be down to people like you f**ing with his head in the first place.

Apalling tactics to pass him off as a mental case

Calm down people, we are all hear to learn and gather info about HT's, lets keep it that way.

Helpmyhair - i think you should do a bit more reading before you comment on others.

Im glad im leaving my surgery until next year, new year new start.Though this guy seems a bit unhinged , he has not had a transplant, some sort of repair, only a couple of months ago...then he was told he would need a transplant to cover the area; to disguise the scar...Seems like you should go back to them to finish things off.I came on these sites to get info and was helped a bit, though what is off putting is the amount of shite that is still being put about.listen Jaym sounds like you have had a bit of a sad life, hope you get your head together.Tho i think you need a head doctor rather than a hair transplant

Helpmyhair: do you care to give information as to the location this post came from please?

WTF :)

Head doctor? I need my dolls hair sorting out, WTF?

Where does all your message come from it dont make sense??? I think maybe YOU need the head doctor, im not mentally ill, just f@@@@@ off with being conned and make to look like a doll, can you see?

Let me guess you're going with Norton next year and will be the first ever customer of theirs to get a good result. :lol:

Surely its just a big coincidence that you make your first ever appearance on this particular topic and try to discredit a guy who has been unfortunate to have had his head well and truly F*cked over by an incompetant company. <_< <_< <_<

Great advice going back to a butchers clinic to let them finish things off. :o