Sign in to follow this  
BadHairUK

Hi Guys...just Got Back From Feller Medical... 3000+ Strip Pic Results

Wow, you are a fast healer :) And a very clear picture - I could count your grafts from that picture!

It's looking fantastic. You're going to be a HT star - going from bald-and-butchered to a handsome hairy stud. The quality of your hair looks great - soft and silky-looking (unlike my old frazzled hair), so when it grows out, it will be the transformation of the century.

I'm genuinely happy for you after what those UK butchers did to you and the misery you must have been through during the past 10 years - you got the best possible this time!

Great picture, that's healing really nicely for only 4 days. Just one question, how do you get the picture so clear? Do you have the camera on a particular setting?

Hope you're over the worst of your flu now - mind you, with the way you're healing, your body must be on recovery overdrive so the flu probably helped :huh:

Everything looks superb so far :)

I'm genuinely happy for you after what those UK butchers did to you and the misery you must have been through during the past 10 years - you got the best possible this time!

PB, thanks very much for the support mate and for everyones words or encouragement... its a great help. :)

Great picture, that's healing really nicely for only 4 days. Just one question, how do you get the picture so clear? Do you have the camera on a particular setting?

Hope you're over the worst of your flu now - mind you, with the way you're healing, your body must be on recovery overdrive so the flu probably helped :lol:

Everything looks superb so far :)

Borobaldy, The camera I use is a Canon Powershot S30 its a good few years old and been updated a few times now.. I think theres a S60 at least by now. S30 really means its a 3 meggapixel camera... S60 will be 6 mp etc.

I'm really not a camera expert at all...just lucky I guess, my brother is a serious camera freak and spends really crazy money on just one lense. But all I do is set it on Auto! then 'Macro' as this gives the sharpness at close range and then the highest resolution and judge the distance away by roughly an arms length (I also press the zoom in button a little bit as it helps for some reason even tho its already close range) and then click! and it comes out pretty well. Sorry I cant tell u any better help with it all... but thats all I do. :huh:

With the Flu / Bronchitus crap.. its all the same to me... but this is the worst one I have ever had in my life. I havent been out of bed once since I got back from USA, apart from washing and using the loo.. and taking a pic after washing my hair. I am in bed now with the covers pulled over still wishing I was feeling better but no sign of improvement yet :D I'm taking a few meds, I thought the anti-biotics would have kicked in a bit by now but all my breathing tubes are blocked and sinusis ache and a bad head ache still.. and I wont tell u too many details but its just really a double wammy to have this happen now. I hope after the course of meds in 1 week i'll be ok and feeling myself again :huh: I havent even had one meal since I got back from USA.. all I have had is some warm drinks and warm water.. I just dont have any appetite.. and my throat is too sore. I did get some sleep last night for the 1st time in a week tho.. which was a relief.

But least the important thing is... my HT is doing great and I am really lucky to have gone to such a great Dr and this makes up for all the bad stuff a million times over.

:huh:

Hope you feel better soon.

I've got two Canon cameras, a G5 and an Ixus 5.0 (both 5 mp) but the pictures of my hair just don't work out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :) I've tried auto, macro, adjusting all the settings manually but all my hair pictures come out crap. Other landscape pics come out fine.

Hope you feel better soon.

I've got two Canon cameras, a G5 and an Ixus 5.0 (both 5 mp) but the pictures of my hair just don't work out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :) I've tried auto, macro, adjusting all the settings manually but all my hair pictures come out crap. Other landscape pics come out fine.

PB, They are really nice camera's u have there.. B) try keeping the same setting but just adjusting the distance the camera is away from the object by a fraction at a time until it improves or go closer if its worse.. :blink:

Good luck.

I'm not any better yet... this thing is spreading upwards... from my chest to my throat... now my head feels like a world war is going off inside... and my nose is about to fall off.. I'm going to have a beer when all this is over!

Thanks for wishing me well :)

I slept the best I have in over a week last night which was great and this bug is starting to clear at last thanks to the antibiotics.. just have a bad head flu to clear. So this is such a relief to see some sign of getting back to feeling human in a few days... thank god.

I woke up about mid-day and washed my hair as normal, but I decided to lose the flappy long comb over bit at the back so I shaved it down the best I could.. I have never done this before this short on the crown. So I was really intrigued to see how much I had lost on my crown. I have as expected thinned on the crown but no complete bald areas which I am pleased about as its not severe. I feel losing hair on the crown is OK and acceptable if its not completely shiny. So at least its much more tidy now and a relief to cut the floppy stuff off that I have used for the last 10+ years to comb over to the front! :) I didnt go near the donor scar area apart from a few clips with the scissors to take the worst off.

Here's a 6 day post op pic I just took... the redness seems to be going down further

reducedpic6dayspostop.jpg

The old mini grafts that were kept which stand up straighter than the new grafts, but at this length they are hard to detect in the mirror which is good to see..and even better that Dr Feller removed the really bad ones and re-placed them further back :) I have lost a few new hairs since I have been shampoo'ing the last few days as they all will eventually.. but not that many yet.

You can see how fine the front hair line is in this pic.. with the naked eye you cant see anything like this much detail and the old grafts are quite hard to detect at this time. Its all healing well, and I havent suffered any uncomfort from the HT since I left the surgery... I took a few pain killers that night and one more in the morning and that seemed to be all that was needed.

086dayspost.jpg

Congrats on a great HT!!! Bet you're well chuffed!!! Keep us all informed with your details and especially the quality pictures.... When do you expect most the grafts to drop out, what is the normal time scale?

Congrats on a great HT!!! Bet you're well chuffed!!! Keep us all informed with your details and especially the quality pictures.... When do you expect most the grafts to drop out, what is the normal time scale?

Thanks very much Gasman :) Yes, I am very! I know its only been 6 days post op and the results wont be known for another 6 months or so.. as I should see the bit of existing hair I had left come back thru in the middle by then too.. but everything has gone well and looking forward to next summer.. and not being a prisoner of this balding head and crappy nobel grafts I had before.

Yes, I will try and keep u guys posted with the progress.. pics are the easiest way to show u how things are going and seem to be coming out well. U can really see how the redness has gone down since the start of this post.

I think the grafts fall out around 2 weeks? I am not really sure, I'm sure someone will help with more accurate details on this. I am very fortunate I do not have to return back to the office so I wont be paraniod whilst I'm going thro the quiet stage.

Happy growing everyone.

I think the grafts fall out around 2 weeks? I am not really sure, I'm sure someone will help with more accurate details on this. I am very fortunate I do not have to return back to the office so I wont be paraniod whilst I'm going thro the quiet stage.

My grafts shed between 2 and 6 weeks. The first few may even shed before two weeks.

hi everyone.. its been exactly 1 week today so I have taken some pics to show how things are going.. I am very happy and would like to thank Dr Feller and his team in a BIG way!! I mean that... as I have waited soooooo long to see the back of the crap Nobel butchers did to me!! (over 10 years)

I havent suffered any pain or anything since the surgery and the recovery rate seems to be very good from your replies to my posts..and what I can see, also all my swelling has gone now. I will hold back on the pics for a while after today now the first week is up.. but I will post a few after the 10 days when the staples come out! :) Not sure where to go yet to have this done.. I'm thinking about it at the moment... as it will be this Friday...thats the last hurdle really until I can really chill out and wait a for a while for the summer.

Anyway... I have managed to take some of Front / Back / Left side / Right Side... so covers all angles.. hope this helps anyone that was in the position I was in a few weeks ago and not knowing what to expect or how long for the redness to subside.. etc. I have lost a few hairs as the scabs have been washed away as I am shampooing every day to keep both graft area and donor clean.

I should point out, these pics are taken as such good resolution.. the hair is magnified and not this long in real life.. still very tiny hairs..

PICPOSTBY1WEEKsmall.jpg

1WEEKTODAYPOSTOP.jpg

021WEEKPOSTOP.jpg

011WEEKPOSTOPSCAR.jpg

BTW... I am feeling so much happier today... the antibiotics have blasted this Bronchitus and I am starting to come out of it now.. I lost myself for a while as all that was a bit overbearing for me at the moment.. just bad timing. But I am feeling loads better now :) Thanks for wishing me well guys.

Well done BadHair !

Im glad it all went well for you apart from the bronchitus of course.

Some great info and top pics on here mate. Looks like your scar is healing well already.

Im right behind you mate

Grow well :)

My god you are the fastest healer I have seen - Your scar is amazing - the hair has grown really quickly - That is just brilliant - fairplay mate you deserve it after norton!! :)

I wonder if the anti-biotics are having a beneficiary effect on your healing as well as getting rid of the bronchitus?

Fantastic! The grafts are growing! I'll have to ask Dr Feller to prescribe me some anti-biotics when I have my next HT :)

DamnedBetterThanBeforeHairInUK fits, I think!

Good going on the healing; your cutting your hair short has given everyone here the advantage of seeing a scar fresh out of surgery after a fairly big session...AND, what such a scar looks like after the ministrations of a top surgeon! I remember that Dr. Feller commented that, as I was leaving his office the day of my procedure, my own recipient area looked "like I was already one day out." I credit his ultra-refined tools and skill and techs with this more than I do my own healing powers... :)

In several more months (combing length, more or less...at least, it was for me) you will be seeing some serious bulk...and forget about seeing where those old grafts were!

Grow well...

Benjamin

Thank u very much everyone it really is good to read u'r positive replies 8) I think I got confussed with the other forum as one guy said he got the same coverage with half the amount of grafts i did? But I have a dense packed front hairline and its more spaced out behind that... this is the same for you guys too isnt it.. with those great big pictures i post it makes the grafts look more wider apart.. so maybe this was what he meant when he said about the coverage.

I will know in 6 months so i will be looking forward to that :)

Thanks.

:)

I saw that. How funny how guy one guys comment can make you anxious. You went to Dr Feller...... :)

Anyway he posted that he was wrong anyway! What you don't think you got 3100 grafts or something?? - LOL :ph34r:

The grafts behind the hairline will be distributed at less density but this is dictated by hair characteristics, donor supply, loss pattern. You just had 3100 into your front 1/3! :) I think you will be o.k :D

You need to chill i think :ph34r:

I saw that. How funny how guy one guys comment can make you anxious. You went to Dr Feller...... :)

Anyway he posted that he was wrong anyway! What you don't think you got 3100 grafts or something?? - LOL :lol:

The grafts behind the hairline will be distributed at less density but this is dictated by hair characteristics, donor supply, loss pattern. You just had 3100 into your front 1/3! :) I think you will be o.k :D

You need to chill i think :ph34r:

I know.. :ph34r: It was just on my mind afterwards.. I had a moment of weakness! lol.. Its daft isnt it.. I will be able to chill when I can finally get of these meds... and have a beer! lol. :ph34r:

I wanted to share with you how well my scar repair is healing as I just took some updated pics...these are just 8 days post op. and I am so pleased with the results from Dr Fellers good work at such an early stage..

8dayspostpic3.jpg

8dayspostpic6.jpg

I will post a few more after these staples are removed on Friday.