Sign in to follow this  
BadHairUK

Hi Guys...just Got Back From Feller Medical... 3000+ Strip Pic Results

Hi Guys! Thanks for the support and being interested in my repair. Well I only just got back this afternoon so a bit tired....well I am pretty knackered as it goes... as havent slept since last friday or eaten much..as I am suffering from a really bad throat and its swollen up a bit and not feeling too good as the last few days its not easing up. The plane was delayed in a big way getting there...10 hrs after departure because of delays and bad weather in the skys and then the taxi driver (yellow cab) stitched me up for $100 to go 14 miles! He tod me he had to charge me double as in was in Queens!

But the bit u wanna hear is how did the surgery go!!? I am really impressed with Dr Feller just as I expected..and all his team were very nice too. They made me feel completely welcome straight away and nothing too formal which is really cool! :rolleyes:

Anyway... Dr Feller took one look at my old Noble grafts and said if he was me he would have sued them as they are so bad!!! They were just so fecking nasty! :( and the most shocking thing was that after he examed my old strip scar.... he was shocked at such a large scar! As he counted LESS than 200 grafts that they got out of it, the strip scar was approx 1500 graft scar and they just threw the rest in the bin!! (over 1000 grafts binned maybe more!) :angry: That really does sum them up at Nobel!! and does upset me to think that happed.

Then he checked my laxity where the new donor hair was coming from... and he was very pleased with it.. he said its much better than normal and also I have a small head with a large amount of donor!! ALL this was music to my ears (even if I do have a small head!! lol) :blink: and softend the blow of the intial bad news about what the hair butchers had done to me! :( I still cant believe people like that can sleep at night! But Dr Feller said it was all repairable and not to worry ..and started the process of it all.... I wont go into too much info... as you've all heard it before from so many other patients.... so heres my before and after pics.. please let me know what u guys think... I think its going to look pretty good in 6 - 12 months... :)

So here u go... after 10 years since my 1st Nobel surgery... I arrived at Dr Fellers for my repair! He managed to take 3160 grafts from my strip and placed them more packed at the front with single grafts.. and also in the temples..

Before pics..

sickeninggrafts-1.jpg

nobelgrafts.jpg

pic1.jpg

Post Op (surgery day was 4th Dec).. these were taken 6th dec..(today) 3160 grafts...and removela of a lot of the multi Nobel grafts! :) That was so good to see him take the 3 multi graft out of there!!

pic1postop.jpg

pic2postop.jpg

pic5.jpg

Dr Feller has also repair my old nasty strip scar with tricho and he has repair more than 90% of it! so I hope to go down to a grade 2 in the summer witout it being detected.

pic5postop.jpg

Welcome back GoodHairUK :rolleyes:

It looks fantastic, I like the shape of your new hairline and the temple work. And the scar looks great - very neat!

Welcome back GoodHairUK :)

It looks fantastic, I like the shape of your new hairline and the temple work. And the scar looks great - very neat!

Thank u PB! :rolleyes: Its nice to say Goodhair uk!! lol.. it might be a while yet but looking forward to the future a whole lot more now.. thanks mate.

Congrats BadhairUK!!!! The new journey begins - be patient brother :rolleyes:

514.jpg

Hi Badhair and welcome back

Pics look fantastic, you must feel really elated now. Good growth to you as it's sure to be a great result. :rolleyes:

Borobaldy.... that means a lot... as I really thought u'r post op pics were looking top dollar as well! :) cheers for the boost :)

Well done! You'll be a happy man in a matter of months, as what (IG-) Noble wrought on your head becomes invisible!

Grow well and grow often,

Benjamin

Facelessman... yes :angry: Dr Feller showed me the thick multi grafts as he removed them... that was seriously a good moment seeing that ugly shit removed.. I think in the region of 20 were removed but not sure as I only saw a couple that were taken out.

What a F'ING remarkable transformation already!! It must have been great to have Dr Feller remove that previous CR@P off your head. This time next year mate you are going to be kissing a many a MILF's under the misteltoe :rolleyes:

Hey BadHairUK.. the immediate post op pics look fantastic mate congrats.. A real transformation. You must have had your surgery just after mine. I too had flight problems on the trip back due to windy conditions (i.e. there was a Tornado scare in NY :rolleyes:) . My flight was off-on-off then finally back on again. That's a great shot of your new scar. I'm sure your results will look fantastic!

Happy days badhair, it must be great to look forward to something positive after having that shite in your head for ten years :rolleyes:

This time next year you will be saying it the best thing ive ever done! It looks great!

All the best mate :)

cheers guys :rolleyes: I think the tireness is just hitting me right now... I am totally out of battery power so going to re-charge and get some kip... zzz :) its been such a major busy time for the last week or so.. so gonna try and relax a bit now. :)

That looks excellent Badhair! it gets easier from here mate, 12 days in for me and my sleeping is just getting back to normal, back at work (with a wooley hat on of course) and just getting back to normal.

Take it easy mate, and all the best. :rolleyes:

Cheers for all u'r messages :rolleyes: and a big thanks to Dr Feller and Spex who I orginally got in touch with after reading such good things about Dr Feller, and it just confirmed it was the best decision I could make by having my HT procedure there.

I was a bit tired to tell u much yesterday. I did catch some sleep last night but not a great amount, whilst I was at Feller Medical my throat was quite sore and I had to keep clearing my throat i think it added to a bit of stress on my system but as soon as I got back to the hotel I broke out into a really bad sickness which lasted the next 18 hrs (Infact that was SO LUCKY! If it happened the night before, I wouldnt have been able to have my HT!! :o ) The Andrew hotel staff were awesome!!! They kept me in as I was too ill to leave at 12pm, so said I could stay free for another 4hrs extra! (I will post a thread with pics on the room at The Andrew Hotel as I owe them big time). It meant I was well enough to get the plane home by letting me rest... phew!

When I got off the plane at Heathrow, I was feeling like I just wanted to get home as soon as possible as was sickly but not too bad. It was quite cold day and I went to find the taxi I had arranged to return me home BUT thre werent there?? :( I called them and they said they had made a mistake and forgotten about me... :blink: so they said wait there for 1hr and they will come and get me!! No way, I just wanted to get home... so after ringing around I got a noisey deisel white van to bring me home.. which really wasnt nice experience shaking me around... But seeing my local roads approaching was such a GREAT feeling... HOME AT LAST!!! :) That was so nice... :)

Last night I woke with VERY sore throat (closed up) and chest infection... the symtoms really broke out. I was up a lot coughing and sinuses blocked etc I will spare u too much detail .. it even hurts to drink cold water. But I just got back from the docs, and I have Bronchitus :( so am on aniti-biotics for the week. I am looking forward to feeling 100% WELL AGAIN. I cant wait for the end of this Anti-biotics course. I am just SO PLEASED this didnt happen the day of my HT! Very lucky indeedy.

But on a positive note... I really like the new hairline and cant wait to see it growing next summer :angry: I am about to wash my hair for the 1st time properly today (normaly) so expecting a few scabs and hairs to come out.. and then just get back to watching Bargain Hunt or something on TV.. ;)

Also... I havent used any Aloe Vera yet...so I will start that now (just washed this off again.. as I have heard I shouldnt use it yet?)

Thanks again for the replies :rolleyes:

I have given the donor area and grafts a shampoo today as its my 3rd day since the surgery. This time its been given a soft toothbrush treatment along the sutures very lightly (without the colgate) to tidy things up so the scar heals a lot cleaner... I would like to hear what u guys think as this is a repaired strip scar

Cleanerdonor.jpg

Your scar looks excellent - I can't see any signs that it's repair work from that picture - looks as good as a virgin scalp scar. Did Dr Feller recommend cleaning the scar with a tooth brush :rolleyes: ? I hadn't heard about anybody doing that before but judging from your scar it must be a good method.

By the look of your new scar you are healing very well indeed!!! It appears that he has removed the vast majority of it and left a sweet Tricho in its place :)

Old Scar:

Untitled28.jpg

Untitled113.jpg

New scar 3 days post op:

Untitled29.jpg

Are those smaller staples than he used before :huh: ? I tried to count the staples and it looks like there are around 80+ ?

F'king neat job :) ! I bet there won't be any sign of the scar once that heals up.

Spex, are you sure he can't do my daughter's knee?

Your scar looks excellent - I can't see any signs that it's repair work from that picture - looks as good as a virgin scalp scar. Did Dr Feller recommend cleaning the scar with a tooth brush :) ? I hadn't heard about anybody doing that before but judging from your scar it must be a good method.

PB, no.. someone replied to me on another forum and he said I should clean the scar as it would improve healing and give a better end result. Lucky enough, Virgin gave a free travel pack on the plane and the toothbrush was super soft. It was perfect for the job.. Dr Feller was very pleased during the surgery and I can see why.

I was really unwell last night tho with this cold.. I was up all night no sleep at all just coughing and my throat is like I've been swallowing razor blades, hope its gone in a few days its the worst flu bug I've had in years (not so good timing).

The fluids are really working there way down now from the surgery, my eyes are closed quite a lot but my forehead doesnt look as puffed up today... this should last a few more days.

Are those smaller staples than he used before :huh: ? I tried to count the staples and it looks like there are around 80+ ?

F'king neat job :huh: ! I bet there won't be any sign of the scar once that heals up.

PB, yes... there are approx 80 staples!! :) he said I have double the amount as normal as I have such a good laxity it would benifit the healing and give a better end result, and not just that he didnt like me! lol.

I dont know about them being any smaller than normal?

Am I the only one that didn't swell up after a HT :huh: ? I honestly didn't have any swelling at all but everybody else seems to swell up :)

PB, yes... there are approx 80 staples!! :huh: he said I have double the amount as normal as I have such a good laxity it would benifit the healing and give a better end result, and not just that he didnt like me! lol.

I thought there were more than usual :huh: It certainly looks like the scar won't have any chance of spreading with all those staples :D

Is Spex going to remove them for you with his rusty crowbar?

U were lucky not to swell up... I think its if u needed a lot of re-topping up with the juice. I was re-topped about 3 or 4 times so I had a lot of fluid there to drain away.. I dont mind the swelling up.. its not painful and I'm not planning on going out anywhere for a while. :)

Looks like you're gonna heal real quick, you're scar looks amazing, i cant believe it,its not even red :)

you're going to get a great result. The swelling is a pain but it does get better in a few days.It must be a right pain to have the flu on top of all this, hope you feel better soon mate.

WOW!!! :huh: Well if this isn't going to be one of the all time best transformations i will eat my hat :)

Well done!!!!

Feller has done you proud!! :huh:

Yeah, BadHair will be replacing Jim on the Feller Medical banner in 9 months time :D And we'll have to have a shot of BadHair with a fit bird grinning outside the Feller Medical door :huh: