Sign in to follow this  
BaldingInMD

Baldinginmd 10 Months Update

Hey guys. Well, I just got home from vacation and I'm swamped at work but I wanted to create a quick thread, and include some vacation pics.

I'll tell you this, it was great to be on the beach and not have to put sunblock on the top of my head, or wear a hat, to avoid a sunburn there. It's been a while since I've done that! :huh:

Anyway, I will post a thorough update, along with some new pics, in the next day or so. For now, here's just a couple. One on land, one at sea. On vacation, with hair - good stuff.

post-386-1165418592_thumb.jpg post-386-1165418838_thumb.jpg

Must be nice having hair flowing in the sea wind instead of just blowing over a bald head :huh:

It looks great!

Formerly) Balding-in-MD,

Long time no see...and glad to see that you've growing really well; congrats!

You might want to have a dermatologist take a look at that blurry rectangle on your face, though... :rolleyes:

Looks like some fun photos, too...!

Benjamin

Hey guys. Thank you for all the nice compliments.

Well, here are my "official" update pics at 10 months. I've let it grow out a little bit. Density is better, but sunlight is still pretty harsh - true for almost all HTs. My wife thinks, and I agreee, that it actually looks better in person than in these pics. Indoors pics also tend to look much better, obviously.

I'm pleased with it so far. I still have a few more months before I can fairly judge my success with this HT.

As for round #2, who knows. I will almost certainly wait a few years to see how I feel about these results. If I were to answer today, I'd say I'm done. Compared to many other HTs, I still look more like a "before pic", but I have always had less ambitious goals than most guys.

Comments are always welcome.

post-386-1165858752_thumb.jpg post-386-1165858779_thumb.jpg post-386-1165858794_thumb.jpg post-386-1165858819_thumb.jpg post-386-1165858836_thumb.jpg

post-386-1165932201_thumb.jpg

I think it looks incredibly natural. Another pass and your done! :) The longer you grow your hair the thinner it is going to appear. :) What a difference though from your pre op pics! You were a bald guy, now you have a right mop :D

Pics look very natural, you now look like a man whos hair has thinned instead of a bald man, should still have improvements to come, outside sun pics are very hard to pull off in any case.

Helpme i would have said your statement re the longer you grow your hair the thinner it looks was false a while back, but i am seriously considering cutting nearly an inch off my hair, longer hair lays flat on your head and unless there is the density there it does look thinner, if it is shorter you can spike it up a little etc, sorry off topic, but quite important.

HairyInMD (OK, that's dorky, but I think you deserve a name change),

I hear you...looking at your pictures, actually, my own hair texture/thickness/even color, a little bit resemble mine, somewhat. I think that your HT is a great-looking example of how subtle a good transplant can be; in your case, you seem to have fairly fine hair, and didn't have that large a procedure, but the difference between your "before" and "after shots is huge!

One styling thought...I don't know if you combed your hair a specific way for these shots, but have you thought of parting it a bit further over to the left (or right; wherever you do it)? Not necessarily to "combover" position, but given the way I've found my own hair behave, it would "consolidate" the hair on the top a bit more; give it more overall bulk.

I'm probably not using the "official" terms, but then again, I don't know them :) ...

That aside, looks good; whatever you do or don't do in the future, you've certainly come a long way.

Benjamin

Helpme i would have said your statement re the longer you grow your hair the thinner it looks was false a while back, but i am seriously considering cutting nearly an inch off my hair, longer hair lays flat on your head and unless there is the density there it does look thinner, if it is shorter you can spike it up a little etc,

Having just had my hair cut an hour ago, I can verify that Helpme is correct. Last time I had it cut I asked her to leave it longer on top and after that, as it grew, it became thinner looking and frazzled. I just had about an inch chopped off and now it looks thicker and healthier.

ive stopped taking msm because i was getting fed up with getting it cut all the time.

I also stopped MSM a few months ago - it seemed to lose its effectiveness after about 9 months of use.

Keeping your hair shorter will allow it to appear healthier and thicker :)