Bill

Important Moderator Changes

This post should have been posted a few days ago but I decided to let myself calm down before posted it, I was so annoyed that this situation could arise.

Spex's is no longer a Moderator on this forum.

This is for two reasons, first was his concerns with a conflict of interest and secondly he was receiving abusive e-mails.

I want to thank Spex's for his help and would like to apologise for the small number of idiots who have caused this problem.

There have been a few posts lately where some people seemed to have found it neccessary to use the forum as a place to fight with each other in a very childish manner.

This forum is a place to educate and provide support to others by sharing experiences.

The experience of the people on this forum is what makes it such a helpful place.

It is not a platform for Clinics or Doctors to abuse each other or Ex-Patients.

I will be moderating the forum myself and will be a lot stricter with posts, any abuse and the post will be deleted with no explanation.

Courtesy cost nothing.

I really hope that Spex's continues to post on the forums, as he is dedicated to helping and educating people about hair loss.

Bill

What a terrible shame that it has come to this. These recent events on the forum have only weakened the community :) It is so disgraceful that one of the pillars of the hairloss community has recieved threatening emails.... appauling! :)

Knowing Spex this will only fuel his passion and i'm sure he will continue to post as normal - HELPING many others to make a much more informed decision.

Disgusting behaviour by whoever was responsible for that :)

I'm sorry to hear that too. Spex has certainly been nothing but courteous and helpful to me and everyone else I should think who he has helped out over time.

:) Spex has helped 1000's of guys by offering his advice through his own personal experience yet he gets sent threatening emails :) :D

Spex never once told me not to go to a particular clinic, he only ever told me to research for myself.

This just goes to show you ALL what this industry is like! RUTHLESS!! :ph34r:

Thank god for Spex!!

Keep up the good Spex and don't let these spineless cowards who have ONLY money as a concern ruin all your incredible hard work.

That is a big shame that this has to happen !

I too hope that Spex carries on posting here as normal and that we can keep this forum as informative as ever.

I also hope that the idiots you are talkin about have been barred

Truly appauling behaviour previously viewed here on the forum by various clinics/reps :ph34r:

You could all learn something from Spex - its called Integrity + Honesty!! :)

Spex is a target as he tells the truth unlike the rest of them :) Keep it up Spex :D

Martin hit the nail on the head this industry has a lot of ruthless people in it out to make money out of peoples misery and they don't like it when they are losing..........keep up the good work Spex.

I hope you continue to post on here Spex. You are one of the reasons why so many people havent got butchered else where!

You have got loads of support behind you, so if you need any help just ask! :)

Much appreciated support guys - Don't worry i'm not going anywhere :)

This is definitely not on - I have never ever known Spex to push anything or try to influences anyones decision. He gives people true, honest facts something that is a rarity in this business - his integrity allowed me to make a an informed decison.

He should not have been dragged into this.

Keep up the great work spex, a lot of us on here owe you a lot :)

Well then...

All I can say is that in my strictly electronic interaction with "Spex," he has been unfailingly friendly, helpful, and gracious, and from what I can see has shown nothing less in the considerable time he has spent providing answers, support, and kind words to the hundreds of people who use this and other forums. So, thank you, Spex...

Regading "abusive emails," I find that...mystifying. Ignoring the fact that I've never seen him write anything one might call unkind or inflammatory...why would anyone feel the need to behave that way? Perhaps part of the downside of virtual communities such as this is that the anonymity of words on a computer screen makes it a little to easy to remember that there are real people on either end of those thousands of miles of cable...

And that aside...it's HAIR. Yes, it's important to those of us who are on here, researching, asking questions, taking the time/expense/physical challenges, such as they are, to change it, but we're not talking about cancer, or heart disease, or AIDS...I guess I just don't see this as a context for the kind of angry passion that might inspire emails suffucuent to drive someone away.

All that said, I have found these web sites a great help, and want to reiterate my thanks to everyone here (the vast majority) who has been so forthcoming with feedback, photos, good advice. And once again, well done, Spex! I hope to thank you in person before long...perhaps when I finally get to visit your superb country...

Benjamin

Regading "abusive emails," I find that...mystifying. Ignoring the fact that I've never seen him write anything one might call unkind or inflammatory...why would anyone feel the need to behave that way?

MONEY!

Spex educates and helps others, preventing them from getting butchered which means less bums on seats for these UK clinics, which means they make less money :)

I have come across many many hairloss conmen, salesmen, reps, clinics in my time and i can say that Spex has more integrity and class in his foot print than all the other drek combined.

Spex do not even contemplate stopping what you are doing. :)

i think its totaly shocking the hastle spex is getting , life is bad enough without getting shit for trying to help people ... hes been a great help to me what with all the questions i keep pestering him with.... just want to say thx mate for your time... it should be us guys that have been butchered, that are the ones dishing out the threat to these uk companies taking £1000s off honest peoples money ;)

These rougues are upset... they are afraid Spex might stop their flow of easy money butchering people. They don't want to invest in the right equipment or spend money on training staff properly. They aren't interested in doing the job properly - all they are interested in is quick money :huh: So anybody who makes others aware of this is a problem for them.

These rougues are upset... they are afraid Spex might stop their flow of easy money butchering people. They don't want to invest in the right equipment or spend money on training staff properly. They aren't interested in doing the job properly - all they are interested in is quick money :huh: So anybody who makes others aware of this is a problem for them.

Hit the nail on the head there PB :)

1st time I've seen this post as it was the day I left for surgery it was started.. but good to hear Spex isnt going anywhere it can only be a complete idiot that would do such a thing and theres always a few that try and upset others just for there own satisfaction... very sad situation.

Without the guidance of Spex I would hate to think of what % of us would have had a 2nd butchering by now! Scary thought.. that says it all for me.. cheers Spex :)

Also cheers to Bill for doing such a fine job.

This is an indication of what this industry is about as we have seen from the recent posting yet again ;)

Deception and lies ;)

We are fortunate that there are a few clinics out there that do actually provide an honarable, high standard procedure. Its just such a shame we have to sift through so much cr@p to get there. B)

i was disappointed to read about this as spex has been so helpful to so many - but after everything else i have read on various forums it doesn't surprise me as many clinics will not like the truth being told.

cheers for the info re travel visa, it looks like it might all work out. i have emailed you some dates.

Spex, if u can find me then maybe you can hire The A-Team.................. :lol:

On a serious note, if it wasn't for you then I would have been a butchered patient also, thankyou so much for your help.........It really is appreciated. :)

No worries guys! This is something I have started to get used to - <_< It is a concern that people feel they have the right to email me with unpleasant comments/threats, but what can you do <_< - I still intend to continue to help guys out but to be honest i will not be doing it forever as i have priorities elsewhere where i don't actually get threatened :rolleyes:

cheers for the info re travel visa, it looks like it might all work out. i have emailed you some dates.

All good mate B)

On a serious note, if it wasn't for you then I would have been a butchered patient also, thankyou so much for your help.........It really is appreciated

No worries mate and all the very best next week!! :)

i was disappointed to read about this as spex has been so helpful to so many - but after everything else i have read on various forums it doesn't surprise me as many clinics will not like the truth being told.

This is just appalling that spex should have to put up with this. It would be very interesting to know who was sending these messages; but i am sure it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out :angry:

Hi Spex,

I must of missed this topic when it was first posted, I was in NY or just come home from my HT, I agree with a lot of veiws here especially that its a valid reason why you are getting threats is because you are a threat to them, I have learnt that HT is a ruthless industry and although you are here to help us, you are also damaging thier business by passing on your knowledge about these cowboys.

Keep up the good work pal, and thanks once again for your help and don't let the b'stards grind you down

Lucky

Makes me laugh that instead of these clinics presenting their work on forums, they threaten Spex :huh: Obviously their work can't cut the mustard otherwise they would come on the forums and present it for us all to see and with so many patients reporting poor experiences at these UK clnics all they can do is try to disrupt Spex from giving people accuarte information.

It just goes to show you what HT clinics are prepared to resort to :angry: