Vanheldan

What's Best To Grown Lost Hair?

What really is best at regaining the hair that you have lost? Propecia?...Monoxil?...Proscar?...etc...

Propecia and Proscar are exactly the same thing, Finasteride.

Minoxidil does not stop hair loss like Finasteride, but does temporarily increase hair density to a greater extent than ingested meds like the latter. However, because it does not stop progressive balding, you should only use it alongside Finasteride or Dutasteride.

Regaining lost hair especialy if its been lost for 6month+ is nigh on impossible. DUT and FIN are best at stopping further hair being lost or entering the miniturisation stage. Some people claim to have regrown hair using topicals but most of these products are pure bs. If they really worked every bald/balding guy in the world would be on them and there would be no need for forums such as this one. However most balding guys who are concerned about hairloss will try them for about a year before giving them up when they dont get the results they were expecting. Remember hairloss due to dht happens from inside the hair follicle so applying topicals cant really treat the problem.

This is just my experience.

On sites that I have seen, the best results come from using Fin + Minox + Nizoral. The 'Big 3' which you can read about on this site. One thing though, if you use them you MUST use them for at least a year, you must not scrutinze your hair every day, or get stressed out by it, and you have to take pictures. I went for the option of cutting my hair short to stop myself stressing about my hair.

I thought you didn't need to regrow any hair though? If your question is purely hypothetical, then I'd say number 1 would be minox from pictures that I have seen.

Topicals are variable. Minoxidil, for example, apparently produces reasonable results in about 1/3 of cases, modest results in another 1/3, and does nothing at all for the remaining 1/3.

All current hair loss treatments are essentially preventative, with some generating extremely modest thickening in a minority of cases.

CHINO: I did lose hair due to Minocycline, quite alot actually. My question was purely hypothetical, i do not intend to use any topical or oral medication in hope of regaining hair. My efforts are purely directed at thickening the appearance of my existing hair, which i'm doing with nanothik - that PB_ recommended. I only received it this week and have used it twice. so far so good.

With regards with medication for regrowing hair, i constantly hear about initial shedding - that alone is enough to put me off. If i lose anymore i really will have a PROBLEM. I'm planning to just let nature take its course. All i'm doing with regards to my hair is the following:

1) Nizoral - 2 x a week

2) Nanothik - 3 x a week

3) Hair Vitamin - I don't know whether this does any good, it's more a psychological thing nowadays (i'm scared to go off it)

4) Iron supplement

If you are serious about saving your hair, medication is the only way to go. After one year I've found Propecia to be very effective with no shedding and no side effects.

Besides, even if you did experience a Propecia-related shed, what's the problem? Just ride it out, it shows the meds are working. Remember even without balding you naturally lose tens of hairs per day and they simply get replaced as part of the normal hair cycle. This replacement should happen after a Propecia-related shed.

i was going through the forums today, and i noticed all this stuff about how shedding was actually showing that it was working. Got to admit, i never knew that was the case.

Does anyone know anything about laser therapy, i was just reading something about Shane Warne (the austrailian cricketer), and he mentioned that he had laser therapy and that his hair was growing back. he was also taking saw palmetto extract in capsule and topical form.

anyone about this?

also...anyone heard of or used nanogaine?

Both laser therapy and saw palmetto are ineffective BS. That's the trouble with hair loss, there are a lot of quacks out there willing to dupe the desperate with their scams and snake oils.

The only effective agents are Finasteride, Dutasteride, Minoxidil, Ketconazole (Nizoral), and copper peptides. Tretinoin, applied topically, might help to enhance the effectiveness of Minoxidil. Spironolactone is another 'effective' topical anti-androgen agent which I know little about.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/research/men/step3men.htm