Sign in to follow this  
Brett

Question - Hair Loss Treatments

Just wandered if someone can help me. I'm nearly 21 and I've seen the obvious signs of hair loss (receding hair line) over the past few years and I knew this would happen by just looking at my dad who is bald.

I wanted to know if hereditary hair loss can be treated.

Hi, There's very little you can do except slow or stabilize the hairloss in my experience, you would do this by going down the medication route, Propecia and Proscar are both popular and the latter isn't too expensive if you get it from the right place. There are several post on this subject that you'd find very useful. B)

Hi mate. Yes it can. The best advice I can give you is to do as much researching as you can on the subject with regards to the available treatments and what you can see yourself fitting in to a regime, and also, don't waste time, the best time to treat it is NOW.

Here's a quick list of a few things that may help you, but there are a lot more:

Finasteride

Minoxidil

Copper Peptides

Sprionolactone (topical)

Retin-A

Dutasteride

Nizoral

Saw Palmetto

Basically you need something to reduce DHT, something to regrow hair, and something which is an anti-inflammatory.

Also, find yourself a good shampoo that doesn't dry out your hair.