Sign in to follow this  
qwerty

Hair Dye

Been thinking about dying my hair, partly to hide my grey hairs but also because it makes my hair look a bit thicker, last time I did it though I'm sure I shed lots afterwards.. Do any of you guys do this? If so.. is the dye bad for the hair? What dye do you use? Thanks. :)

Been thinking about dying my hair, partly to hide my grey hairs but also because it makes my hair look a bit thicker, last time I did it though I'm sure I shed lots afterwards.. Do any of you guys do this? If so.. is the dye bad for the hair? What dye do you use? Thanks. :)

I have dyed my hair regularly since my HT and haven't noticed any shedding from dying my hair (only Nizoral shampoo caused shedding). I have used L'Oreal Preference (used by women mainly I should think). The instructions on the package recommend that you do a test first by putting a small amount on your skin and leaving it there for a while to see if there is any unwanted reaction. I even dyed mine 6 weeks after my HT and my hair still grew out sooner than on average :lol:

I tried that For Men crap but there are only a few colours and it is unlikely that it will match your natural colour. The womens' stuff is available in dozens of different shades. I always feel like a perv buying it and pretend to be looking at shampoos or toothpaste until nobody else in on the same isle then quickly throw it into my shopping basket and cover it up with other items :lol:

The womens' stuff is available in dozens of different shades. I always feel like a perv buying it and pretend to be looking at shampoos or toothpaste until nobody else in on the same isle then quickly throw it into my shopping basket and cover it up with other items :P

Hehe.. I will look out for this stuff, I may even be able to get away with a manly black. ;) Thanks for that.