Sign in to follow this  
chino

Hair123.co.uk- Important Question

I have just ordered some toppik from hair123.co.uk, but now I am soooo worried! Do they ship discreetly? If the package comes through saying 'Toppik Uk' on it I'm actually going to have to kill myself, I live in shared accomodation and if anyone finds it.....I really don't wanna think about it!

Hi mate - its been a while since i ordered from them but i remember the packaging was very obvious........................ :)

Only joking!!!! ;) Sorry!

Its very discreet :D

You can say you ordered some dandruff shampoo... or something less embarrassing :)

I doubt anyone not suffering from hair loss will have a clue what Toppik is.

These companies know their customers concerns I would'nt worry just make sure you dont leave it lying around.

Ok thanks alot guys!

Yeah, I'm gona stash it away and only bring it out for nights out to clubs or bars etc when I'd like an added bit of style to my hair

Argh they sure do take ages! I ordered the product on saturday, they sent it on monday (fair enough they dont work saturday/sundays), it was sent via second class, which is 2-3 working days, and it still isn't here today, and I had to pay 3 quid for that? Second class mail costs like 25p?! I have recieved products from america quicker than this!

Don't worry mate it will come.... ;)

Unless some balding postman has spotted it and decided to keep it for himself :P

Don't worry mate it will come.... :lol:

Unless some balding postman has spotted it and decided to keep it for himself :lol:

Lol. Well that didn't happen, it arrived this morning, but the colour doesn't match my hair colour, maybe I'm blonde...damn!

Lol. Well that didn't happen, it arrived this morning, but the colour doesn't match my hair colour, maybe I'm blonde...damn!

Damn! You could sell it to somebody on here with the right colour of hair...

Yeah. That sucks, I'm not 100% sure what difference it makes, the colour is completely different (its almost red?!), but when it's in I'm not sure you could see it...it just seemed to make my hair thicker. Maybe in sunlight the difference would be obvious...I dunno. I'm just gona send it back and hopefully they'll exchange it for blonde.

Hi Chino,

I noticed you mentioned using toppik for nights out etc. I came across this on another site where some guy said it stands out under certain lighting. I don't know how true that is. Ive been experimenting with it and noone has ever mentioned that they've noticed anything but here's a link if you want to have a read.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/message...&threadid=63392

Hi Chino,

I noticed you mentioned using toppik for nights out etc. I came across this on another site where some guy said it stands out under certain lighting. I don't know how true that is. Ive been experimenting with it and noone has ever mentioned that they've noticed anything but here's a link if you want to have a read.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/message...&threadid=63392

Hey Boro. Yeah I don't quite know what to make of that....if it were true that would be completely counter-productive, but maybe it only happens if you cake your head in it...I dunno, have you worn it out to clubs and stuff? Also, for anyone that uses toppik, does it really matter if the color doesn't match? My hair is dark blonde i guess, the light brown is almost red, would it be noticeable? I'm trying to work out if it's worth me sending it back..

Hey Chino,

I guess it doesn't matter if the colours don't match 100%. The blond toppik is very sand like in colour and I have dark blond hair too. It's very much trial and error using the stuff. In some ways I liked the 'highlight' effect I got from using it. I think the effectiveness of using it depends on how much hair you have too. I'm sure the more hair coverage you have in the first place, the better it will look. It's no good for the hairline. I tried that and it just sat on the skin.

I did use it a couple of times when I went out and can say that I never noticed anything when continuously checking it in the mirrors in a bar! Never tried it in a club so I can't answer that one.

Did you order the smallest bottle? It's always worth giving it a go and getting someone close (and trustworthy!!!) to give an honest opinion on it.

Hey Chino,

I guess it doesn't matter if the colours don't match 100%. The blond toppik is very sand like in colour and I have dark blond hair too. It's very much trial and error using the stuff. In some ways I liked the 'highlight' effect I got from using it. I think the effectiveness of using it depends on how much hair you have too. I'm sure the more hair coverage you have in the first place, the better it will look. It's no good for the hairline. I tried that and it just sat on the skin.

I did use it a couple of times when I went out and can say that I never noticed anything when continuously checking it in the mirrors in a bar! Never tried it in a club so I can't answer that one.

Did you order the smallest bottle? It's always worth giving it a go and getting someone close (and trustworthy!!!) to give an honest opinion on it.

Yeah I got the smallest bottle, unfortunatley I wouldn't ask any of my mates because I don't trust anyone enough to do that lol... I like the sound of the blonde toppik though. It's wierd becuase my hair when light reflects off it looks 'sandy blonde' but at other times it looks anywhere from almost greyish brown to quite dark, but it definatly isn't 'light brown'! I'm gona send it back when I can be bothered to get stamps and a parcel thing, and get blonde.

I used Toppik from these guys and found them to be helpful.

Toppik is definitely good for thinning hair but not for obvious bald spots. I have dark brown hair and use the dark brown Toppik and it works well. I have had it in whilst exercising, while dancing etc and have not had a problem. Rain might be a different story though.