chino

Started Rogaine Foam

Guys i just wanted to tell you that rogaine foam is great! I used it for the first time today, on my hairline and temples, and it goes on SOOOO easily, dries SOOO quickly, leaves your hair looking totally fine and smells really nice (in my opinion, some don't like the smell lol). I'd totally reccomend this to anyone! It is my first time using minoxidil, so will see how it goes! You can either apply directly to your scalp, or to your hands first then rub it in, either is great.

Btw, please no 'rogaine is sh*t' comments, I've heard them all before on this site!

What's great about it? Does it regrow hair? I'm curious about minoxidil, what is the most popular brand? How many of you guys have had descent regrowth?

Oh mate please don't ask that here! The guys here will tell you horror stories about it. Yes it does regrow and thicken hair, to what extent depends on the individual. The new foam is reported to produce better results, I've been using it for a week now and it is completely painless to apply and dries instantly so it has none of the drawbacks of the old lotion minox.

I also use tricomin and 5% spiro, and this is much easier to use than both of them, that's what I meant by it's great.

I'll be interested to hear more about it once it's had a chance to circulate for a while, if Proscar doesn't stop my hairline recession by next summer I will probably add minoxidil for the remainder of the year as a last resort before just shaving my head once and for all. Whether or not it'll be foam remains to be seen, I have heard that it is awkward to apply as the foam disintergrates as soon as it's on your hand alongside the fact that it's hard to tell if you've actually got it onto the scalp or just the surrounding hair. I hope it does the trick for you and look forward to a progress report. :D

Nice to see your pics, your hair isn't a million miles from mine actually, although I've thinned a little more around the front and top, I started Proscar a few weeks ago but prior to that hadn't tried any meds or treatments, I currently use nothing alongside the Proscar but am considering Nizoral. I hope you have luck with the Minoxidil, I may try it also if so. :)

Rogaine (or Regaine in the UK) seems to get mixed reactions although from what I've heard the bad 'reviews' outweigh the good. I used Regaine for 3 or so months a year ago, it made me lose hair on the right side of my forehead and I grew some new hairs on the left side. My hair got wholly worse when using the stuff, I was uneducated about hairloss back then and didn't think it would have any negative effect on my hair (I used it on the front of my head to the back) but my hair got thinner and just overall worse after using Regaine. I have heard people say on this site that it can accelerate hairloss and I would say that was partly my experience and once you use it you'd need continued use to keep any new hairs that do grow on your head anyway. So with the foam I take it the only difference is the process of applying it to the head, that being it be much easier to keep the foam on the part of the head you wanna use it without it running everywhere like the liquid can.

Yeah it's very easy to apply where you want, also I can just slap it on then go outside straight away as it's not greasy its just like normal hair mousse, which people said you couldn't with the old one. The foam is also reportedly more effective and doesn't cause irritation.

Hmm, I don't think 3 months is enough time to see results, from what I've seen it can take from 2 months to anywhere up to 8, some people say to keep using longer. Also, I'd never use rogaine by itself, it doesn't stop the fundamental process of balding all it does is regrow hair so you need to use it with finasteride.

Anyway, I'm only applying to the temples and hairline, I'll post my results at 3 months so we can all see what it really can do.

How will you know if it's working or not when you already have a full head of hair :o ?

You only look about 12 in your pictures B) ?

How will you know if it's working or not when you already have a full head of hair :o ?

You only look about 12 in your pictures B) ?

What do you mean I look 12? You can't even see my face!

And maybe I have a full head of hair relative to some people that frequent these boards, but compared to how it was before and compared to other people in my age ***** (I'm 20 not 12) I do, receeding hairline and some diffuse thinning coupled with an excessively high hairline and thin hair.

receeding hairline and some diffuse thinning coupled with an excessively high hairline and thin hair.

OK, if you say so. Good luck with the foam B)

Rogaine (or Regaine in the UK) seems to get mixed reactions although from what I've heard the bad 'reviews' outweigh the good. I used Regaine for 3 or so months a year ago, it made me lose hair on the right side of my forehead and I grew some new hairs on the left side. My hair got wholly worse when using the stuff, I was uneducated about hairloss back then and didn't think it would have any negative effect on my hair (I used it on the front of my head to the back) but my hair got thinner and just overall worse after using Regaine. I have heard people say on this site that it can accelerate hairloss and I would say that was partly my experience and once you use it you'd need continued use to keep any new hairs that do grow on your head anyway. So with the foam I take it the only difference is the process of applying it to the head, that being it be much easier to keep the foam on the part of the head you wanna use it without it running everywhere like the liquid can.

Me too. Used Rogaine foam for 10 days and my hairline got significanlty worse. It's amazing how much hair this product can make you lose in only ten days.

Me too. Used Rogaine foam for 10 days and my hairline got significanlty worse. It's amazing how much hair this product can make you lose in only ten days.

It's strange that you say that, that has not been my experience at all with the foam. You really should take pics rather than relying on your own eyes.