dont know if this might help anyone when using cover up spray etc it always looks dull but i find if you use dry oil spray from avon etc you will get the shine back where you have sprayed hope this is of some use

I think most of the concealers have the same effect (I use one called Regroom). They do have their drawbacks, in that the hair looks paler and dulled, but hairspray soon puts that right. The worst thing is that it can settle on the scalp and leave a black residue which is very apparent should you forget and scratch your head.

However, if there are just really thin patches of hair, then these products are ideal for stopping scalp shine. I do sometimes wonder if they are good or bad for the hair loss condition, as coating the scalp doesn't seem very healthy?

Marie - in the past i've used concealers and your right to a degree they they all basically do the sam job to an affect.

you just need find one that suits you as one may suit one person better than another depending on the individuals hairloss.

As long as these concealers are removed regularly - every day - via shampooing the the scalp should not really be effected by their application - i think if someone were to leave say courve on for a few days it might possibly start to aggravate the scalp. The majority of concealers to my knowlege are made up of a moisturising base.