lovehair

Get Your Hair Back

Well zip-it i have read non stop on what dosage i should take, and i have found that 2.5mg of dut will give me the best results, dont worry i am well blessed to worry about that right now :D

Well zip-it i have read non stop on what dosage i should take, and i have found that 2.5mg of dut will give me the best results, dont worry i am well blessed to worry about that right now <_<

With the kind of DHT reduction that 2.5mg Dut daily is going to cause, you might be growing some boobs of your own very soon, Lovehair! :D

Ideally, with any drug you should use THE SMALLEST EFFECTIVE DOSE. Yes, there are guys on the internet who advocate 2.5mg Dut per day. The reason they do this is because they believe it is more beneficial to achieve a higher steady-state concentration of Dut in the bloodstream, and to do it more quickly.

So the question is, is a higher steady-state level of Dut beneficial in preventing hairloss or restoring hair? The answer is, no-one knows. I myself would err on the side of extreme caution.

The guys who advocate 2.5mg per day are doing so on the basis of pure supposition. Sure, 2.5mg per day may inhibit slightly more DHT than 0.5mg, but not much - a standard dose of Dut already blocks 90% after 2 weeks. As far as hair is concerned, there could be diminishing marginal returns: we have NO scientific evidence to support a 2.5mg daily dose for hair loss.

Besides, much of the DHT suppression Dut offers could be redundant. Remember, we want to block the DHT created by 5AR2. 5AR1, which Dut also blocks, seems to play little or no role in hair loss.

Im sure you know that 2.5mg of dut will inhibit at least 80% of scalp dht compared to 55% on 0.5mg

Thats why i am taking 2.5mg.

Scalp DHT is what you measure if you take blood from the scalp. It is a mixture of DHT from 5ar1 and 5ar2 and has little impact on hair loss.

There are no long-term studies to suggest 2.5mg Dut is more effective than 0.5mg Dut (or even 1mg Fin) in maintaining/regrowing hair. Like Dr Ashcroft says, Dut might simply promote a faster initial response.