Sign in to follow this  
faa

Minoxidil- Does It Actually Work?

Lol ok fine, this really is a hair transplant forum isn't it...

I heard a claim that Minoxidil is reasonably effective for about 1/3 of patients, has a slight benefit for another 1/3 and does nothing at all for the remaining 1/3. Personally the idea of daily slathering my scalp with that sticky crap, in expectation of a very poor success ratio, is about as appealing as a vomit supper.

Yeah mate that's why I never used it before, it being 'sticky crap' lol but I got some of the foam stuff and it aint sticky, greasy or nething at all.

no i didnt use the foam Hurricom i used the 5% stuff, and to be fair to it was the only thing i used for 3 years, the last year i was on it i used fin with it,after 4 years in all on the stuff i came off it 2 and a half years ago and since then only been on fin/pro and my hairloss has stopped,i have regrown some and the last 2 months switched from pro to dut and im seeing some very good results along the hairline :angry:

Hi Artic,

It was spex that said i should give DUT ago when i met up with him in Sept,he said DR F, HW, Cole had seen great results from DUT,i had been on pro for near 4 years before and i was always told to leave DUT as a fall back from when the body gets used to pro,any way switched just over 2 months now got it from DR Ashcroft £300 for 6 months,guess you can get it else where cheaper but thought i would get on in straight away no messing around with over seas companys.

In the short time on it i have gained 15-20 brand new hairs along the front h/line all now thickening up and with my colour(dark brown) ,i have some blonde hairs that have got some good length on them and just getting colour, and tiny blonde hairs all along the front that were not there before that,which should grow out and again colour up,some in the temples but mainly the front mate,spex said to give it try via DR F,Feller said it could save surgery in the crown which would leave me with just sorting the front out :),cant tell yet whats happening at the crown i think its a moniter via regular photo job to see if it improves.

oh forgot no side either ;)

hi,

new to this website. I went to AHS and got riped off but they did put me on minox, been on it for 9 months and my hair has seemed to remain the same, at least thats what people say. I HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT grow more hair I think it has stopped falling out, you loss some hairs everyday right?