PB_

Staples?

How are the staples feeling? I had stitches and am just wondering if the staples are as uncomfortable as they look :)

I've had both and I dont think they are any different really except much more visible of course and a bonus is they stop you from being able to pick at the scar.

From everything i have heard the staples are very similar to stitches - The donor area just feels tight.

I can't compare the two, having only had the staples, but I agree with the tightness...that, and the very odd realization that you have bits of metal in your head. Bits of metal that stung a bit when each one of the 40 or so of them came out...!

Once they were out, though, the difference was immense!

Hi mate,

I haven't had mine out yet (sunday) but so far they've been no problem. Spuraman - are you talking about when you had them out because going in/while they're in has been fine for me?

At most they have been a bit uncomfortable at times. Fairly insignificant in the whole process for me.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong when they come out! I'll give you an update after the weekend - remind me if I forget!

Just get someone with a delicate touch to take them out. Mine didn't hurt a bit. All 60 of them!

How are the staples feeling? I had stitches and am just wondering if the staples are as uncomfortable as they look

Not uncomfortable at all to be honest. The area does definately feel tight but its not painfull, just tender, which i suppose can only be expected.

From all the response, it doesn't sound like staples are any worse than stitches then...

How are the staples feeling? I had stitches and am just wondering if the staples are as uncomfortable as they look :unsure:

Great Question PB, I too have been wondering about this. Especially as I will be having them attached for 9 months! From what I have read, the pain is similar but slightly worse with the staples. I've also learned that surgeons use different sized staples so that could be a factor too. I'll be able to tell you more in a few weeks :huh:

My donor did feel tight and having them removed stung!! My god i slept well that night :)

That's exactly what I'm worried about. I could only sleep properly when the sutures were removed. A few days of sutures was bearable but 9 months of staples could make me crazy! Also I would be swapping the staples every 2 weeks so I'll be getting used to that stinging sensation :ph34r:...

So if I get grouchy after my op, you'll know why! :angry:

Great Question PB, I too have been wondering about this. Especially as I will be having them attached for 9 months! From what I have read, the pain is similar but slightly worse with the staples. I've also learned that surgeons use different sized staples so that could be a factor too. I'll be able to tell you more in a few weeks :)

You will probably get used to them after a month or two...

hi guy`s

the only problem i had with stitches was the local nurse having trouble identifying where the stitches were amongst the hair...its a good idea to get the pattern of stitch (as there are many)off the doc as i did on leaving so`s too give the nurse a head start(sorry about the pun)......

ARC

You will get used to them im sure matey!! Keep in the front of your mind what its all for - Dr Feller has an idea surrounding this issue - :D I know as much as you but wait till you see him :)

PB - I will let you know how the staples feel :o

PB - I will let you know how the staples feel :)

Will you be having a long scar with 50+ staples? I assume you will be having a fairly small procedure so you probably won't have much tightness - especially if it is a long scar. Perhaps you could do a staple removal video to demonstrate how to remove the staples :o I will want my wife to remove my staples, as she did with my stitches last time, as I would be too embarrassed to go to a clinic to have them removed :ph34r:

Dub the video with music though so that we can't hear all the screaming :D

I assume you will be having a fairly small procedure so you probably won't have much tightness - especially if it is a long scar. Perhaps you could do a staple removal video to demonstrate how to remove the staples

Yes indeed -it will only be a small one as i'm only having my Bosley scar revised with Tricho.

Maybe i could video it mate - Thanks for the idea :)

You will get used to them im sure matey!! Keep in the front of your mind what its all for - Dr Feller has an idea surrounding this issue - ;)

Yeah good point.. best to think about the final outcome, rather than the stuff you have to endure to get there :)

A video of the staples would be cool.. good luck with the temple work! B)