jessyja

Propecia Vs Rogaine For Regrow Hair ?

First of all, sorry for my bad english grammar, I am french from Canada.

I would like to try Propecia (finasteride) 1Mg/daily or Rogaine® Extra Strength for Men (Minoxidil 5%).

Here is my question. I am a male 28 years old, and starting to lose hair because of Androgenetic alopecia (male-pattern baldness) .

My father is 55 and he is almost bald now.

My question is, I am only losing hair above both temples and the the hairline recedes

BUT I am not losing any hair on the vertex (top of head) and anterior mid-scalp area (middle front of head).

Can Propecia help me regrow hair where I have lost it ?

If I can only afford to buy one of the 2 product, Propecia or Rogaine 5%, Which one can help the most to helps regrow hair on the temples, and help me with my hairline recedes ?

Which one is the best for REGROWTH hair ?

Thanks.

Here is a picture of my hair loss, I justed shaved my head to really see how much and where exactly I was losing it.

post-669-1160209284_thumb.jpg

Very unlikely, it doesn't usually help with frontal hair loss

If I can only afford to buy one of the 2 product, Propecia or Rogaine 5%, Which one can help the most to helps regrow hair on the temples, and help me with my hairline recedes ?

Which one is the best for REGROWTH hair ?

Neither, the best you can hope for is preventing further loss with Propecia. Forget Rogaine, it's useless and messy and often just makes things worse.

Are they working exactly the same way ?

It's say on the bottle of rogain "Hair regrowth treatment" approved by FDA.

Why it will not work with frontal hair loss ?

No, they are completely different - Propecia (finasteride) works by blocking DHT (that is responsible for destroying your hair follicles) and Rogain (minoxidil) is supposed to be a hair growth stimulant.

The FDA have approved all sorts, including drugs that have killed people. FDA approval means nothing.

I don't think anybody knows really why these meds don't work for frontal hair loss - they just don't. The only way to get hair back at the front is a hair transplant. Rogain actually made my hair loss a lot worse.

No, they are completely different - Propecia (finasteride) works by blocking DHT (that is responsible for destroying your hair follicles) and Rogain (minoxidil) is supposed to be a hair growth stimulant.

The FDA have approved all sorts, including drugs that have killed people. FDA approval means nothing.

I don't think anybody knows really why these meds don't work for frontal hair loss - they just don't. The only way to get hair back at the front is a hair transplant. Rogain actually made my hair loss a lot worse.

Is that mean that Propecia will never help me to REGROW hair ?

Very unlikely, it doesn't usually help with frontal hair loss

Is that mean that Propecia will never help me to REGROW hair ?

A lot of balding guys have only needed a Hair transplant in the front third of the scalp because they got on Propecia and other finesteride drugs early end they helped them to keep what hair they still had left.

If your going to choose between propecia and rogaine its definatly got to be propecia. Absolutly no question about it.

A lot of balding guys have only needed a Hair transplant in the front third of the scalp because they got on Propecia and other finesteride drugs early end they helped them to keep what hair they still had left.

If your going to choose between propecia and rogaine its definatly got to be propecia. Absolutly no question about it.

Thanks !

I'll give it a try !

I wouldnt even bother with propecia or rogaine their both a load of shite if you ask me

:blink:

Propecia is the best weapon against stopping further hairloss. It is definately worth trying for a number of months to see if you personally see any benefits from. :)

I have personally stopped my hairloss progressing and its thanks to Propecia. Propecia is the only thing i take and i only wish i had got on it sooner <_<

Well, I tryed Propecia 1MG for the last 3 days, and I am having problem getting a hard on.

Also delayed ejaculation.

I am stopping the treatement.

Expect to lose your hair then. Your choice.

Well, I tryed Propecia 1MG for the last 3 days, and I am having problem getting a hard on.

Also delayed ejaculation.

I am stopping the treatement.

;) :( Jessyja if you have only been taking it for 3 days i can tell you now that your problems are not due to propecia ;) ,side effects dont come on that quick.

You can suffer from initial sides and then after a few weeks your hormones adjust to the medication and things return to normal.

You can suffer from initial sides and then after a few weeks your hormones adjust to the medication and things return to normal.

I'll give it another Try, but I did stop Rogaine because it give me headeach.

Where can i get propecia?

If you are in the UK, from Dr Ashcroft - see Spex's website www.hair-help.co.uk

Dr John Ashcroft

Tel: 07971472823

email: jsashcroft@doctors.org.uk