Sign in to follow this  
spex

Blood Work

Guys

It is essential when having a HT session with Dr Feller that you have "Blood work" performed prior to going.

I can not stress the importance of this enough!!! These tests are compulsory and without the tests being performed and offical proof the HT surgery will not be conducted.

(Note: this is for a HT session with Dr Feller at Feller medical. I can not speak for the requirements of other clinics.)

Blood work

You will be required prior to a procedure with Dr Feller to have blood tests performed. You are required to provide test results for :

HIV

HEP B

HEP C

The easiest and cheapest way to get these performed is to visit your local G.U.M clinic - Run a google search for your local clinic. This is by far the best way in my and many others experience to have these test conducted. They will be able to perform the tests and provide you with a letter/certificate within 10/14 days and it costs approx £30 (for the letter)

Specifically ask for confirmation of the letter prior to the tests because without it the tests are pointless - You need the letter/certificate.

You can get the tests done at a same day clinic in London but believe it cost £200. ;)

These results of your tests need to be faxed over to Fellermedical 2 weeks prior to your surgery!

Fellers FAX: 001 516 466 8356

Spex

There is a company called samedaydoctor in london which can do the tests for about £200. However, although they can give you the results same day, written results take a day to reach them (from the lab), plus another day to reach you if you have them posted. They will email the results but I had problems opening the email they sent me and think its best to get a hard copy as well to be sure.

Remember most people get these tests done for personal peace of mind so don't normally require written results so wherever you go stress you need written confirmation

Can I have blood drawn and tested by Dr. Feller or his staff?

Spex, thanks for your e-mail. I will let you know if I can make it on the 23rd.

Will Dr. Feller be there and will he be doing individual consultations?

Thanks

i contacted my local gu clinic and they told me to go and see my gp,

which i did ,told him why i wanted the blood work for, and didnt cost me anything.

in fact they couldnt get me out the door fast enough.

Thanks

According to his website you can:

Other Charges

In addition to the above, all patients are required to have blood work done. This may be done by your own physician, or can be performed by us. The charge is usually under $250. Feller Medical does not profit in any way from this lab work.

Link

Don't know if that means on the same day as the surgery or not though :)

i contacted my local gu clinic and they told me to go and see my gp,

which i did ,told him why i wanted the blood work for, and didnt cost me anything.

in fact they couldnt get me out the door fast enough.

LOL ;)

When I got my blood work done, I just said I was going to the US and that those damn yanks want all sorts of blood tests before they will let you in to the country ;)

Thanks

Hi mate,

I believe you can have your labs performed at Feller Medical but this is something you would need to check with Marcy. I had mine conducted in the US 3 days prior to my session. I had mine performed at "Quest Diagnostics" - there are several centres in the city that i know of - i'm sure you will know of many also.

Yes Dr Feller will be there on the 23rd but due to the number of guys coming along will not be able to give everyone a one to one consult on the evening. You could schedule a consult with him before the showcase starts :) But i would act fast as a few guys are intending to do this.

All,

At the time that I had my own blood work done, in preparation for my procedure with Dr. Feller, the lab was literally downstairs from his office; this was early June 2006. It took about 20 minutes.

Benjamin

How long are the test valid for? Reason i ask is because i had the tests done a while ago(several months) or is there a minimum time scale which you have to have them conducted within?

How long are the test valid for? Reason i ask is because i had the tests done a while ago(several months) or is there a minimum time scale which you have to have them conducted within?

The tests have to have been performed within a year i believe - but i will get that checked for you all :huh:

This is forever an on going saga <_< And people continue to have difficulty with them for some reason - Blood work is essential - if you wish to have a session with Dr Feller. All patients are given the specific tests required well in advance by Fellers office - and are required to provide a certificate of results to Fellers office 2 weeks minimum prior to surgery. There are a few ways to gets these results done as listed below, the best way is via your local G.U.M clinic if based in the UK.

Places to get tests done:

G.U.M clinic

GP

Same day clinic(Clinic in London) - cost £200

Blood work

You will be required prior to a procedure with Dr Feller to have blood tests performed. You are required to provide test results for :

HIV

HEP B

HEP C

The easiest and cheapest way to get these performed is to visit your local G.U.M clinic. They will be able to perform the tests and provide you with a letter/certificate within 10/14 days and it costs approx £30 (for the letter/ Cert)

Feller Medical contact details to send the blood results to:

email: info@fellermedical.com

Tel: (from the UK) 001 800 4247 728

Fax: (from the UK) 001 516 4668 356

Many GP's will not do it though unfortunately - The best place is your local G.U.M clinic mate - run a google search on your nearest one. The test is free and confidential. Costs £25 APPROX for a letter/cert.

I can not stress enough the importance of the blood work being on time to Fellers office. It needs to be with them 2 weeks minimum prior to your session. If it is late - or not sufficient - the surgery will get cancelled. This has happened only recently!! :huh:

Get the specific tests needed from Marcia (she will email them to you) and take them with you to the G.U.M clinic so there is no misunderstanding. I personally would get on with the blood work ASAP as it notoriously proves problematic <.<

You have been warned! ;)

What happens if you have one of the above conditions,will you still be able to have your ht.

By the way i haven`t got any what i know of.

I would'nt have thought you would be able to, as the techs and the doc would be at risk.

Unless their are precautionary measures that they can take, i.e nuclear fallout suits :lol:

I went and got mine taken at sameday doctor in london on sunday, all clear, and ready to get hairier :P

Pretty sure Marcia in Dr Fellers office told me they were valid for 1 year from when you have them. Will have to do through this all over again later this year then..

I paid the local GUM clinic £30 for mine, and got the letter about 5 days after the test