Sim37

Boots Hair Retention Programme

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post and it's because my hair loss is now getting too noticeable and depressingly difficult to hide. Ho Hum, anyway I picked up a leaflet in my local Boots about a hair retention programme that apparently works for 9/10 men and 2/3 men who stay on the programme will experience some regrowth of their hair after a couple of years.

Now pardon me for being suspicious and once bitten (I tried the nationally advertised Nourkrin and Nourkrin Men for a year and it made my hair look nice and shiny but that was it) but this is Boots the chemist right? Surely there must be some legitimacy in what they're proposing? Is anybody on this programme or embarking upon it?

I'm gonna drop by tomorrow for a consultation with one of their Pharmacy team folks and get the low down. Every hope I have for a cure is absolutely tempered by the fact that it ain't gonna happen just yet but I would like to keep what I have and any degree of regrowth is better than none.

Anybody else got any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Sim

Hi mate,I have been on that boots retention plan,what it basically involves is Propecia which helps keep your hair and in a few can regrow bits over a good length of time.Plenty of the guys on here know a lot more about propecia than i do so check some old posts and they will tell everything you need to know.I found the guys at boots have not been given enough info on the drug so they are not overly sure what is what with it,they should offer you a months worth or 3 months,while money wise it's better 3 months i'd do one to see how you get on as some people have reactions to it,i had to come off it due to the sides but some people don't have any at all.Hope this helps and if you want to know anything else about the boots plan just ask,Regards SPITFIRE. :)

Why go to Boots so they can add their commission top of the price. Just get some proscar from Dr Ashcroft.

For someone who is new to the whole propecia idea,ringing a doctor you cant see must seem a little daunting so a well known company like boots is appealing,i know i felt like that.As i said before the best thing to do is research the drug on here before you commit.Just my view. :)

Well Dr Ashcroft perscribes 100's of guys in the UK proscar at the cheapest price i know of. If you want to spend a small fortune at BOOTS feel free its your money but the info is readily available and very credible.

I vouch for DR Ashcroft 110% - He is actually on of the very few GP'S that actually knows about Propecia and the benefits.

Many guys ask their own GP about it in person only to be told that they have never heard of it :)