wobblywilly

Receeding Hairline

hi, I've been using Proscar from Dr Ashcroft now since May and my hairline is still receeding. Obviously, I'm not happy about this and would do anything to stop the rot.

Unfortunately, i can't afford to go to USA for a hair transplant with one of the reputable surgeons, so I' left ehre in limbo.

What can I do to prevent further receeding. Everyone on here talks about hair loss but are they actually talking about thinning or receeding?

Please help :P

WW.

I am not sure if fin has done any damage to you internally. Assuming it has not and you are still healthly without the side effects caused by fin. My advice is to give the naturalis topical a shot.

Cheer!

There are several things you can do. Firstly, give proscar longer as it doesn't work that quickly, it's only been 3/4 months. Secondly, you should add nizoral. Thirdly, you could try minoxidil on your temples, it MAY grow some back, some people on here have very negative opinions of it, but there are many other forums where people do not. Fourthly, you could try topical spiro cream on your temples. Fithly, copper peptides may regrow some hair.

I'm currently using proscar (was using finpecia), 5% topical spiro, and tricomin follicle spray (copper peptides).

Good luck!

Proscar /Propecia is mainly effective in the mid/crown area. It is rare but can help the front. There is no miracle cure WW. Everyone responds differently to the meds - Do a search and you will read that propecia take several months to see signs of improvement - and remember the goal of propecia is to prevent further loss mainly in the mid/crown areas.

It is actually cheaper to get a HT done by certain reputable surgeons in the U.S than it is in the U.K. If you feel travelling is not an option you could see Rogers as he is the only Doc in the UK worth seeing.

Lance - do you sell that stuff you are always on about by any chance??

From what I was aware of even the manufacturers will admit that Proscar/Propecia does'nt work in the front third of the scalp. I personly dont go for any of these unproven snake oils as I've wasted too much money in the past. Only Dut/Fin has the scientific evidence to back up its claims. A HT will work out cheaper in the long run, but if you're going to get one then go to the best or don't do it at all.

A HT will work out cheaper in the long run, but if you're going to get one then go to the best or don't do it at all.

Yes a HT will work out cheaper and it works, forget the snake oils, you will only lose your hair and your money with them.

But you don't sell this NO side effect product that no ones ever heard of?

the only indeed effective care in the hairline is HT !!!

Alternatively you could place side by side to the minoxidil, topical antagonists against the testosterone (spironolattone, ciproterone acetato), estrogens (to optimize the catagen phase), corticosteroids (betametasone valerato, ect), and inhibitor of dht (progesterone)

Obviously, i mean all this treatments only for topical use (not oral)

Spex,

I use the product and it is an alternative to taking medication which has known side effects.

What side effects? Lack of sex drive? Other than that I have only heard good things.

From what I was aware of even the manufacturers will admit that Proscar/Propecia does'nt work in the front third of the scalp. I personly dont go for any of these unproven snake oils as I've wasted too much money in the past. Only Dut/Fin has the scientific evidence to back up its claims. A HT will work out cheaper in the long run, but if you're going to get one then go to the best or don't do it at all.

Is there anything that works on the hairline, avodart for example?

Is there anything that works on the hairline, avodart for example?

Fin was only tested at the vertex (top of the head) and anterior mid-scalp (front middle of the head). We don't have much evidence on the hairline but it doesn't seem that meds are very effective there - your results may vary.

Some folks claim that using Rentino-A cream with Minoxidil is effective at the hairline.

No medications work for hair loss, if they did, and they were safe, everyone would use it.

Rubbish :angry: Finasteride has been around for nearly 20 years. It is a safe and widely used drug. If you're unlucky enough to get side effects, reduce your dosage or stop taking it, and the side effects will go away. Simple as.

As for this ongoing discussion about whether it works or not - yes it does work. Clinical studies show this to be the case. I've posted the results of the Merck five year study several times already.

Does Fin work for everyone? Of course not. But this is the same for many drugs. For example, there are drugs called cholinesterase inhibitors, used to treat Alzheimer's disease. The drugs can slow progression of the condition in some patients. But do they work for everyone? Unfortunately, no.