Scotty

Dutasteride

Ive been taking dut now f like 6 months , at first i didnt really notic any side issues , but last few weeks ive been waking up feelin like total Cr@p (like ive been on the ale all the previous nite) headeches, lethergy the works !! Now im not saying its the dut, but i might try stopping the .5mg tabs for a while n see if im feelin any betters .

i very much doubt you're going to experience side-effects 6 months into the treatment- but im not a doctor.

I know m8 , weird like maybe i need t get checked out f other stuff, but u cant rule out liver problems etc

(doctors appointment me thinx , get some tests) been feelin Ruff for a while now

what about liver problems (got me panicking now)?!?!?!?!?!!?

Ive been taking dut now f like 6 months , at first i didnt really notic any side issues , but last few weeks ive been waking up feelin like total Cr@p (like ive been on the ale all the previous nite) headeches, lethergy the works !! Now im not saying its the dut, but i might try stopping the .5mg tabs for a while n see if im feelin any betters .

i very much doubt you're going to experience side-effects 6 months into the treatment- but im not a doctor.

I know m8 , weird like maybe i need t get checked out f other stuff, but u cant rule out liver problems etc

(doctors appointment me thinx , get some tests) been feelin Ruff for a while now

what about liver problems (got me panicking now)?!?!?!?!?!!?

Hey faa , nooo dont be panacking m8 , im just sayin the last coupla months ive been feelin like absolute Sh\t, (headeches, no energy, lethergy , really tired all time, now im not saying this is a direct consequence of taking dut the last 5/6 months im just sayin it cud be thats all. my point about the liver thing was that all medicines hav to be broke down by it and MAYBE ... in my isntance ive had an adverse affect from taking the dut resulting in my symptoms ?!.... like i say im guessing m8 it cud be sommit else who knows , only way f me to find out is dropping the dut for a coupla weeks (but my poor hair) n then see how im feeling , or just go docs now n ask f some blood tests n see if everthin is ok

uve got nout to worry about m8 if u feel ok, alls good , keep takin ye dut n keep that hairloss at bay.

i just wanna get t the bottom y ive been feelin like the way i have . :)

Hi guys,

Im a new member and just thought I could see what medication you are using. I recently tried dutasteride supplied to me by the H******* *****. I knew it was expensive but though id give it a try, after a month and a half of using it my face came out in a rash, a sort of "stingy nettle" effect. I was taking saw palmetto and zinc with it but had to stop everything. Have you heard of these side effects with anyone else? I feel im running out of ideas I tried minoxidil 5% but I have psoriasis and it makes my scalp very irritated. Should I try finasteride???????????

Just make sure you don't get a HT with the H******* ***** or you really will be in the shit :)

To be honest they are a con, I dont know anyhing about their HT procedures but I met with a guy for a consultation. He wasnt even a surgeon, he was a sales man and didnt take time to even look at my hair.He just advised me to take dutasteride and thats it.Now when i try to get a refund due to the rash i got they say they will call you back and they dont.

Does anyone know if the finasteride will halt hairloss until stopped or will it continue but at a slower rate????

Hi Scotty - Here is some info off my web site.

Propecia is the best proven way to prevent further loss. If for some reason your not a responder theres Dutasteride/Avodart but i recommend you start off with Propecia/proscar and see how you repond.

FYI -

Dutasteride and finasteride (PROPECIA) are both 5-alpha-reductase (5AR) inhibitors. Both treatments work by inhibiting 5AR, the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is the primary androgen in the prostate. It is a primary factor in the development and progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and other prostate diseases and is also a major cause of hair loss.

.5mg - 2.5mg of Dutasteride provides better results in hair maintenance/regrowth as opposed to Finasteride

However, the benefit likely comes from its higher inhibition of type II 5ar not its suppression of type I 5ar. Merck tested a specific type I 5ar inhibitor called "MK386" in a human trial and found it had no effect on balding.

Jumping on the Dutasteride bandwagon before the Finasteride bandwagon is not a good idea. For most men Finasteride is enough to halt and even reverse MPB... In the off-chance your body becomes tolerant of Finasteride (over the years) you always have Dutasteride to fall back on...

Side-effects on Dutasteride may be more common, any such sides would last longer as the half-life of Dutasteride is much longer then Finasteride, and unlike type II 5ar type I 5ar *is* present in brain tissue. Finally, keep in mind that DHT is not an evil androgen that just causes hairloss. Various bodily functions benefit from DHT. Finasteride inhibits 65% overall DHT levels leaving 35% for your body to use (most of that 35% is from the type I 5ar that isnt a big factor in hairloss). Dutasteride inhibits 90% or more overall DHT levels leaving 10% or less for your body...

Basically, use Finasteride **first** and only resort to Dutasteride if you must - This is just my opinion

Proscar/propecia - has stopped my hairloss and stabilised my situ - everyone responds differently to it but as a general rule depending on how aggressive your MPB is, it is the best approach initially IMO to establish if it can benefit you before going onto DUT.

FAO St Domingos

Nah im on finnasteride at the moment, im taking 1.66mg daily and i think its halting the hairloss. As ive only just upped the anti- ive gotta take pics over the next few months. Like spex said, atleast if you can ride finasteride out until it doesnt work, you can then use dut.

I reckon say on finnasteride for another 5 years there'll probably be another drug out soon anyway. Perhaps this is why glaxo cancelled the trails to invest in something MUCH better than finnasteride, instead of a lot better.....

Theres so much money to be paid- there'll be another drug soon.

Anyhow, as i said im on 1.66mg of finn and i dont get side effects.

FAO St Domingos

Nah im on finnasteride at the moment, im taking 1.66mg daily and i think its halting the hairloss. As ive only just upped the anti- ive gotta take pics over the next few months. Like spex said, atleast if you can ride finasteride out until it doesnt work, you can then use dut.

I reckon say on finnasteride for another 5 years there'll probably be another drug out soon anyway. Perhaps this is why glaxo cancelled the trails to invest in something MUCH better than finnasteride, instead of a lot better.....

cool faa, keep it up , sounds like propecia doin the biz for u .... i shuda tried propecia 1st myself really

mmmmm (o well) , its just that i had a consultation with a uk based transplant company (H******* *****), n he sold me the story of dut , THANKFULLY (phew !!) i read a bit about HTs just after , n found out t Stay well Clear of that gaff (I have flash visions of the scars n no growth now as i type) one thing the doc (ahem) i mean Sales rep did tell me about that was true , was propecia and duT and how they help (so i got sommit usefull from there) i purchased 3 months dut , n then another privatly elswere (both gsk versions)

so ye its like near 6months ive been on it. still sheeding like , hairs on me cloths tops/ shower .. keyboard etc etc .... i,d say month 3/4 in was prolly my least shedding....

FAO St Domingos

cool faa, keep it up , sounds like propecia doin the biz for u .... i shuda tried propecia 1st myself really

mmmmm (o well) , its just that i had a consultation with a uk based transplant company (H******* *****), n he sold me the story of dut , THANKFULLY (phew !!) i read a bit about HTs just after , n found out t Stay well Clear of that gaff (I have flash visions of the scars n no growth now as i type) one thing the doc (ahem) i mean Sales rep did tell me about that was true , was propecia and duT and how they help (so i got sommit usefull from there) i purchased 3 months dut , n then another privatly elswere (both gsk versions)

so ye its like near 6months ive been on it. still sheeding like , hairs on me cloths tops/ shower .. keyboard etc etc .... i,d say month 3/4 in was prolly my least shedding....

did you go to their harley street surgery?

i went but only for the free consultation (milking it lol), was interested in dut, they never got back to me??? i emailled them 3 times and nothing! lol

think its cos i asked for a discount on the dut haha

No faa , i went The manchester one , ye at the time i had no clue about HTs i was ready t go head first right there n then , i was well peed at my hairloss, but luckily for me The guy said theres a 6week wait , he said u need t get on dut asap (another hair wont fall outa ye head he said) (ahem) ... im soooo glad it never happend , like it was funny after inspecting my hair , guy goes err i reckon u need about 1000 grafts at the temple areas (ive later found out by mailing pics to the top u.s surgueons) 2.500 grafts needed via strip to bring the frontal hairline back to a respectable position, ... ye so the guy goes 2nhalf grand will be about right for this amount , i was like , ye ok that sounds good price.. i then got a phone call few weeks later sayin we have a date for your 250 graft procedure :)

By then i,d read enuf about them .... said NaHH no thx BYEE !!

No hairless , was Some Guy called Tarquin (sunbed , big white teeth n all that). Just a sales guy i presume.

i remember him saying my crown region would make great donor ...... :)

This is what you should have done to the cret-in and his big white teeth: 14686732.gif

Ive just got proscar(finasteride) ive been advised to take 1/2 a 5mg pill mon,wed and friday does anyone know if this sounds like ok advice???????? I got 6 months supply for £150 which is good price, im just trying to make sure I have been given the correct info for dosage, intervals etc

Ive just got proscar(finasteride) ive been advised to take 1/2 a 5mg pill mon,wed and friday does anyone know if this sounds like ok advice???????? I got 6 months supply for £150 which is good price, im just trying to make sure I have been given the correct info for dosage, intervals etc

Yes, sounds like good advice and the correct dosage. Taking 2½ mg 3 times a week works out at 7½mg/week and the dosage recommended for hair loss is 1mg/day. Taking half a tab 3 days a week sounds like a good idea seeing as trying to break them into smaller pieces is difficult.

But as Tommytwo pointed out, you can get it cheaper.

Yes, sounds like good advice and the correct dosage. Taking 2½ mg 3 times a week works out at 7½mg/week and the dosage recommended for hair loss is 1mg/day.

You're not taking into account the half-life of the drug, which is 5 hours. So if you take 2.5mg then after 5 hours you have 1.25mg in your system, after 10hrs 0.625mg, after 15 hours 0.3125mg, 20 hrs 0.15625mg etc etc. Maintaining a constant level in your bloodstream by taking a small, regular dose (i.e. the recommended 1mg per day) seems to be regarded as ideal by the afficionados on other boards.

With Dut, you can be more flexible in your dosing pattern as the drug has a halflife of months (!)

Anyone know of anything that helps regrow the hairline?????????????.........Also any recommended UK hairtransplant surgeons, im based in Scotland and its hard trying to find the right person???????

Anyone know of anything that helps regrow the hairline?????????????.........Also any recommended UK hairtransplant surgeons, im based in Scotland and its hard trying to find the right person???????

Scotty the one and only UK based surgeon that many would recommend is Dr Rogers,i have had a little work done with him,his web site is rogersclinic.co.uk he has just moved to a new surgery and he is saying this can benefit his work both fue and strip.

Cheers for that info will look into it.Dont suppose anyone knows if taking proscar (finasteride) causes hair to shed at the temple region, I have lost a lot of hair there and dont want to lose antmore, the monioxidil made it worse.If it doesnt cause temple shedding then i would be willing to try it?? Any advice would be great guys

Anyone know of anything that helps regrow the hairline?????????????.........

Nothing mate in my experience! :)

Dont suppose anyone knows if taking proscar (finasteride) causes hair to shed at the temple region

I can do - if you have shed thinned there because of Propecia then chances are it will come back in.

Shedding is an unfortunate side effect from introducing a med

Info on shedding mate - Link to info on Shedding

No hairless , was Some Guy called Tarquin (sunbed , big white teeth n all that). Just a sales guy i presume.

thats stephen barnes sidekick (H******* *****)

hes a complete prat ;)

thats stephen barnes sidekick (H******* *****)

hes a complete prat ;)

whos the one with the pony tail? I saw him (dont worry i wasnt fooled into anything)

Hi everyone :D

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all, i am 29 and live in birmingham...i have been losing my hair since i was 16, but really i never thought it would be a problem back then :huh: by the time i reached 28 in august 05 i realised i was thinning on top really bad, i put it down to me washing my hair everyday after a workout in the gym and using a straightner for my hair to keep up with the latest looks :rolleyes: then all my friends and work buddys started making fun of my hairloss, so then i started wearing a cap, it really had an affect on my confidence <_< then i started to investigate ways i can improve my hair and regrow back what i had.

I have tried laser treatment £1500 for 6 months (never worked), then i found fin (5mg a day) and minox (5% twice a day)...and have to admit it stopped my hairloss, i have now ordered dut from the same place where i get fin (www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk) and it should arrive by early next week, i really think dut will boost my hairline and strength of my hair all over, so by june 07 i can stop wearing my cap, and start building up my confidence again ;)

Ps i am just leaving my hair grow now, its 5inchs long on the side and 3inchs on top, i trimmed the top of my hair to 2inchs 2 months ago...so my hair at the front was level...in june 07 i will go to a stylish hairdresser and get a really good style to help my confidence (so i hope dut is going to boost my roots)

untitled.bmp

then i started to investigate ways i can improve my hair and regrow back what i had.

, i have now ordered dut from the same place where i get fin (www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk) and it should arrive by early next week, i really think dut will boost my hairline and strength of my hair all over, so by june 07 i can stop wearing my cap, and start building up my confidence again <_<

(so i hope dut is going to boost my roots)

I would'nt count on it. It might help to slow/halt any further loss but dont expect any more than that.

Ps i am just leaving my hair grow now, its 5inchs long on the side and 3inchs on top, i trimmed the top of my hair to 2inchs 2 months ago...so my hair at the front was level...in june 07 i will go to a stylish hairdresser and get a really good style to help my confidence (so i hope dut is going to boost my roots)

<_< Great that you have such long-term plans for your hairstyle! If you get a HT this month, you might have something to style by June 07.

B) Great that you have such long-term plans for your hairstyle! If you get a HT this month, you might have something to style by June 07.

Haha.. that tickled me.. :)

Call the Dr at The H******* ***** and ask him they may do the tests for you if you are there patient THEY SHOULD :)

Why don't you give him your number then :) ?

Hi guys,

Ive sort of got a dilemma, ive listened to what all u guys have said and purchased the medications, my hairloss is still disguisable just now. the hairline has receded and the crown has got thinner im just a little cautios about starting the meds in case it makes the problem worse, I know about shedding but what im meaning is, am i starting the medication too soon??? should I wait and see if the hairloss will stop naturally???

Any advice is much appreciated

Thanks