Scotty

Dutasteride

Hi guys,

Im a new member and just thought I could see what medication you are using. I recently tried dutasteride supplied to me by the H******* *****. I knew it was expensive but though id give it a try, after a month and a half of using it my face came out in a rash, a sort of "stingy nettle" effect. I was taking saw palmetto and zinc with it but had to stop everything. Have you heard of these side effects with anyone else? I feel im running out of ideas I tried minoxidil 5% but I have psoriasis and it makes my scalp very irritated. Should I try finasteride???????????

Hi guys,

Im a new member and just thought I could see what medication you are using. I recently tried dutasteride supplied to me by the H******* *****. I knew it was expensive but though id give it a try, after a month and a half of using it my face came out in a rash, a sort of "stingy nettle" effect. I was taking saw palmetto and zinc with it but had to stop everything. Have you heard of these side effects with anyone else? I feel im running out of ideas I tried minoxidil 5% but I have psoriasis and it makes my scalp very irritated. Should I try finasteride???????????

ive read about that before- they called it crater face, spots everywhere.

Hi guys,

ive read about that before- they called it crater face, spots everywhere.

Have you heard this happen with finasteride? If it happens with this then there really isnt much else to try. Ive heard so many bad reports about hairtransplants that it probably isnt worth while?

Hi Scotty :unsure:

I have read other posts that dut can give you bad acne,myself i am on pro and have been for over 3 years and had no sides at all.

Also if you are going to still use dut or change to pro shop around you will find it a lot cheaper than the H/G

Hi Scotty :unsure:

I have read other posts that dut can give you bad acne,myself i am on pro and have been for over 3 years and had no sides at all.

Also if you are going to still use dut or change to pro shop around you will find it a lot cheaper than the H/G

Hi tbf

Thanks for the feedback, have you seen an improvement for propecia ie hair regrowth? Did you ever try minoxidil? Only a year ago I wouldnt have worried about my hair but its as if the thinning has appeared over night its really getting me down and constantly worried

Scotty yes i have seen a improvment since on pro,i started thinning out on my temples so i started use of reg/min this was in 99, i was aged 29,i carried on use till aug 04,IMO it only made my hairloss worse :angry: ,it fetched the hair out at the root or bulb,in 03 i started use of pro,the idea was for me to get pro in my system for at least 6 months then dump the reg/min.

i have been on pro now for over 3 years, its the only thing im on,my hairloss has stopped and even improved some,it just leaves me the matter of filling in the areas that reg/min stripped me of ;)

Scotty yes i have seen a improvment since on pro,i started thinning out on my temples so i started use of reg/min this was in 99, i was aged 29,i carried on use till aug 04,IMO it only made my hairloss worse :angry: ,it fetched the hair out at the root or bulb,in 03 i started use of pro,the idea was for me to get pro in my system for at least 6 months then dump the reg/min.

i have been on pro now for over 3 years, its the only thing im on,my hairloss has stopped and even improved some,it just leaves me the matter of filling in the areas that reg/min stripped me of ;)

Thats good to hear, Did you find at all that the pro made u lose hair at your temples? I have to be sure of this medication if I dont use that then i guess the only thing I can concentrate on is vitamins, saw palmetto etc. Do you know anyone who has had a hair transplant also ive heard horror stories about some procedures and the results???

tbf,

could you advise a good reputable site to get Dut? Ive run out and need to get some asap. I usually get 2 months for 87 quid but if i can get it slighty cheaper i will.

Cheers

Tom

tbf,

could you advise a good reputable site to get Dut? Ive run out and need to get some asap. I usually get 2 months for 87 quid but if i can get it slighty cheaper i will.

Cheers

Tom

Hi tom,

The price your getting for the dut is better than i got, is it from GlaxoSmithKline(Avodart)? Where did you get it from? Did u get any side effects, I ended up with a terrible rash on my face?

Scotty my hairloss was no worse at the temples on pro,the only thing that made it worse was the regaine :angry:,if you have just started on med's you could be going through a shedding phase at the moment which will make it seem that the med's are not working,you need to give them at least 6 months before you can say things are not working for you.how long have you been taking them for?.

As for HT's pop over to the HT thread and you will get all the info on what your needs may or may not be and who to see and not to see.

Tommytwo not used dut but £87 for two months is not too bad as far as i know for dut,i use inhousepharmacy for my meds,i know they have non generic meds on dut pro and fin,but i think you wont beat what you getting at the moment.

Guy s - i think Dr Ashcroft is now perscribing DUT - Worth giving him a call to see what he charges.

Also interesting that Feller is now recommending it - Link

Guy s - i think Dr Ashcroft is now perscribing DUT - Worth giving him a call to see what he charges.

Has anyone called him? If so what does he charge?

I've never been able to find out what dosage of Dut should be used. This drug has a LONG half-life so in theory you should be able to take it less regularly then Fin, but I'm not sure what the optimal constant bloodstream level is.

Also interesting that Feller is now recommending it - Link

wow, that is a surprise. I emailled him (think i told you about it) and he wasnt too sure on dut at the time. Does he know something now that he didnt back then?

Im just about to re-order my finn so now im even more unsure

someone help?

I said I think he is now perscribing it - he can perscribe it.

The results from DUT are proving over time now to be more beneficial than propecia.

No one has got the miracle answer as everyone reacts differently to Propecia and DUT.

Dr Feller sees many people on both meds and has commented on the results from DUT being far better than propecia from what HE has seen.

It is up to you if you want to get on DUT.

I said I think he is now perscribing it - he can perscribe it.

The results from DUT are proving over time now to be more beneficial than propecia.

No one has got the miracle answer as everyone reacts differently to Propecia and DUT.

Dr Feller sees many people on both meds and has commented on the results from DUT being far better than propecia from what HE has seen.

It is up to you if you want to get on DUT.

i dont mind price-wise, im more worried about these reports about people getting liver problems and acne?

Wouldnt these type of things have cropped up in the phase 1 trials which were passed with no problems??

i dont mind price-wise, im more worried about these reports about people getting liver problems and acne?

Don't take it then, its as simple as that <_< If you embark on taking DUT with the state of mind that you are going to experience all the these side effects you will ;)

S.A.F, rang DR A this morning and he said 6 months supply of dut will cost £300

thats quite good, cheapest ive seen is £800 a year

i spoke ot him via email, he *believes* that he hasnt really seen much improvement in hairloss from the people he knows on it, which makes me more confused!

isnt there also a rumour that people that switch from finn to dut experience more problems?

faa,he said the same thing to me,i then mentioned it to Spex this morning via text and he was good enough to ring me back straight away,in basic laymans terms Spexs take was this,i like and respect the good Dr but what he has told you there is stuff thats written on a medical paper thats not really had a great deal looked into it,the thing that matters he said that HT surgeons like Dr F, HW,and i think he mentioned Armani,that they are seeing the results between dut and pro and the dut users were far better than those on pro.

Spex did also mention that the might be more side effects than pro,but it was only a might.

Indeed - The likes of Feller and HW see a great deal of people who are taking DUT so are a better control to gauge the benefits from taking it compared to Dr Ashcroft who is a GP and doesn't see guys day in day out soley about hairloss <_<

Scotty my hairloss was no worse at the temples on pro,the only thing that made it worse was the regaine <_<,if you have just started on med's you could be going through a shedding phase at the moment which will make it seem that the med's are not working,you need to give them at least 6 months before you can say things are not working for you.how long have you been taking them for?.

As for HT's pop over to the HT thread and you will get all the info on what your needs may or may not be and who to see and not to see.

Tommytwo not used dut but £87 for two months is not too bad as far as i know for dut,i use inhousepharmacy for my meds,i know they have non generic meds on dut pro and fin,but i think you wont beat what you getting at the moment.

Ive stopped all med, the minoxidil has made my crown worse, I got a rash with DUT and im considering PRO but im afraid of any reverse effect I mean minox and DUT did me no favours except make my hair worse, Think im going to have to shave the head, losing hair has made my self esteem crumble

faa,he said the same thing to me,i then mentioned it to Spex this morning via text and he was good enough to ring me back straight away,in basic laymans terms Spexs take was this,i like and respect the good Dr but what he has told you there is stuff thats written on a medical paper thats not really had a great deal looked into it,the thing that matters he said that HT surgeons like Dr F, H and W,and i think he mentioned Armani,that they are seeing the results between dut and pro and the dut users were far better than those on pro.

Spex did also mention that the might be more side effects than pro,but it was only a might.

yeh i was thinking that, if i was a GP and i only glanced at peoples hair whilst treating them for other things, unless they were completely bald its rather hard to tell if its working.

On the other hand is that just us baldies giving ourselves some hope? lol

btw can someone explain, if there are so many side effects with dut- how did it pass the phase 1 trial? I would have thought anything that passes the safety trial would be ok.

You are potentially going to experience initail side effects with any drug - many people take DUT and expereince no side effects. Some experience them but ride them out after a few weeks. Same as propecia!

Did you experience and sides on Propecia?

You are potentially going to experience initail side effects with any drug - many people take DUT and expereince no side effects. Some experience them but ride them out after a few weeks. Same as propecia!

Did you experience and sides on Propecia?

nope- none whatsoever

Ive been taking dut now f like 6 months , at first i didnt really notic any side issues , but last few weeks ive been waking up feelin like total Cr@p (like ive been on the ale all the previous nite) headeches, lethergy the works !! Now im not saying its the dut, but i might try stopping the .5mg tabs for a while n see if im feelin any betters .

Hi guys,

Just make sure you don't get a HT with the H******* ***** or you really will be in the shit :)

Ive been taking dut now f like 6 months , at first i didnt really notic any side issues , but last few weeks ive been waking up feelin like total Cr@p (like ive been on the ale all the previous nite) headeches, lethergy the works !! Now im not saying its the dut, but i might try stopping the .5mg tabs for a while n see if im feelin any betters .

i very much doubt you're going to experience side-effects 6 months into the treatment- but im not a doctor.

i very much doubt you're going to experience side-effects 6 months into the treatment- but im not a doctor.

I know m8 , weird like maybe i need t get checked out f other stuff, but u cant rule out liver problems etc

(doctors appointment me thinx , get some tests) been feelin Ruff for a while now