Sign in to follow this  
BAL

Ny Hotel Experiences & Recommendations

Hey guys, just wanted to start a page where us NY patients give our opinion on the hotel we stayed in for our HT.

Last time, I went with Crowne Plaza. It was nice but too isolated in location and travelling to and throw was expensive.

I'm therefore looking for a good 3/4 star hotel in a more convenient area. Any suggestions? From the stories I've heard of Hotel Pennsylvania, I'll be avoiding it like the plague! :unsure:

Also did most of you book your hotels individually or did you go for a flight/hotel package?

In all my experience of hearing back from guys who have booked and been to NY - The best place to book is through www.opodo.co.uk and www.expedia.co.uk with a package deal. :unsure:

Note: Include a Saturday night in your stay and it will make the costs come down dramatically :)

In all my experience of hearing back from guys who have booked and been to NY - The best place to book is through www.opodo.co.uk and www.expedia.co.uk with a package deal. :unsure:

Note: Include a Saturday night in your stay and it will make the costs come down dramatically :)

Thanks Spex, I'll check it out. Are you still recommending Hotel Pennsylvania to the guys? Have you stayed at any other hotels which you found good?

My stay at the Penn was a horror story. The second time I went I stayed at the Broadway Plaza and I didn't have any complaints about that hotel - the rooms were clean, spacious and tidy, the bathroom was brand new, staff were friendly (one of the MILF maids was exceptionally friendly :unsure: ) and there was breakfast and a kitchen with tea/coffee 24/7 and everything you need to make your own food if you want to. There is a tube station right next to the hotel and it's about a 15 minute walk to Penn Station. The area where the hotel is situated isn't that spectacular but the hotel is perfect. This hotel was cheaper than the Penn too.

Thanks Spex, I'll check it out. Are you still recommending Hotel Pennsylvania to the guys? Have you stayed at any other hotels which you found good?

I have stayed at the Pennsylvania twice - PB had a shocker there no doubt but its an average hotel in a Dynomite local.

Other hotels i have stayed at

:Pennsyvania - 2 1/2 *

: Raddison on lexington 3*

: Marriot (financial district)4*

: New Yorker 3*

: Hilton 4*

:

IMO the best thing to do is run a search on Opodo and book a package deal and go for the best option for you depending where you want to be situated.

Not point paying less for a hotel out in the middle of nowhere and paying for cabs all the time to get anywhere :unsure:

Also try -

www.midashotels.com

www.hotels.com

The Pennsylvania is fine. You obviously got a bad room.Can happen in any hotel.

I suppose if you live in a sty, the Pennsylvania would seem fine. You can sleep in a dumpster for free though, so why pay $150 - $200 a night to sleep in similar conditions?

Well thats your opinion. My opinion is its ok and i got a new room which was high up and would stay there again. :P

I'm glad that you had a good room. I was told that the floor I was on had been completely refurbished but it didn't look like it to me.

Sorry for my rudeness earlier :unsure: Got out of bed on the wrong side this morning :ph34r:

I would stay there again but i'm used to living in stys.

Sorry for my rudeness earlier Got out of bed on the wrong side this morning

So did my wife :P

I would stay there again but i'm used to living in stys.

My kids have turned my house into a sty :P

Hey thanks for the input guys. I'm not sure what to make of the Penn. Maybe they have got the rooms renevated and pest controlled? I don't think I'll be able to stay in a sty..

Right now I'm swaying towards the New Yorker. Spex, you said you stayed there.. how did it compare to the Penn?

P.S. Martin1 I thought u stayed at the New Yorker too and not the Penn

For the record - i stayed there and i have stayed in a lot worse.

The New Yorker is simialr - Its a 2 /3 star like the Penn. I can say its nice - you may think its cr@p

Best just go with the deal that suits you best - its for a few days not a month

hi guys just to let you know that I have booked up with the New Yorker. Its 1/2 a star better than Penn and is the cheapest option too. I'll let you know how I find it... :)

I booked through www.WooGo.com and stayed at the [3*] Pickwick Hotel 230 East 51st

Manhatten for 5 nights for $460 USD. I had so much to organise within a short period I almost forgot to book the accomadation and literally just booked it the morning before I left.

I thought that was pretty reasonable for 5 nights but then it didnt have en-suite bathroom. However the room was clean, modern and had TV, safe, WHB, AC, and most importantly free internet connection.

It's on 51st street so smack bang in the centre of Manhatten and just 15 minutes walk from Penn station.

I'd stay there again