Sign in to follow this  
Hairtastic

My Search For An Ht Doc

It was about a year between when I started to look into HT and when I finally got it done with Dr. Bisanga. All other clinics I looked at rang alarm bells, the 1st suggested 700 strip for my front. At the time I was none the wiser as to how many I would need but what got me with that one was that they never gave me an answer regarding FUE so I left it. Another guy just sounded rather dodgy on the phone as if he was a builder saying 'Yeh we got all the different size FUE punches mate', I stepped away from that one!. I then came across what seemed a very promising clinic, their website was comprehensive, however when they asked for 100% payment BEFORE the procedure I told them to stuff it not to mention that they wouldnt accept credit cards, they would only accept cash or Bankers draft.

My search finally took me to Dr. Bizanga, I did my research. I even played the devils advocate by doing searches on google for things like 'Dr. Bizanga rip off' or 'Dr. Bizanga dodgy HT'. I couldnt find a thing. All I

did find from that was positive feedback about him. Being the sceptic I am, I wanted to have 100% confidence in the procedure so in spite of what I read I still gave it a couple of months to be convinced.

The actual procedure was a cakewalk. after I sat with Dr Bisanga and dicussed hair line design and my age, this was a pleasant surprise because he suggested a little less receded than I expected. It was established that about 2500 grafts would be the best option for me. We went through to the surgery room and began. Little to no pain throughout, just the anaesthetic, not the best nights sleep the first night, but I've had worse. The donor area became a little itchy but by the time I had the stitches out day 12 all was fine.

I would like to say a thanks to Phil who played a big part in my decision and has throughout and after always had my best interests in mind. One of the main things that won me over was that he strongly reccomended me NOT to have my vertex (crown) area done because it was not bald enough to justify it meaning that upon future baldness I would have a halo effect. The major difference between him and the rest was that the rest would give me whatever I want regardless of whats really best while knowing I wouldnt be any the wiser, in other words they just wanted the money. I originally wanted FUE but Strip harvests more from the donor area, so that for future procedures (If I choose to use them) there would be more yield when if I use FUE. Im sitting here now whith a grade 2 shave on my back and sides and the scar is not noticable!. Hair is starting to grow and I can’t wait for the next few months for more hair growth.

This pictures included are of 2 months post procedure.

post-728-1158699588_thumb.jpg

post-728-1158699627_thumb.jpg

all the best :)

Im sitting here now whith a grade 2 shave on my back and sides and the scar is not noticable!.

Are you referring to your side picture below as it looks longer than a grade 2# and i think i can see evidence of the scar. Maybe its just the picture?

I see what you are referring to Martin. Also no offense and i'm sure the result will be great but this guy is 2 months out with little to no growth...how can his HT look great??

All the best with it though Hairtastic, Bisanga is definately one of the good guys :)

Could this be a bit of shockloss round the scar?

post-319-1158746136_thumb.jpg

Morning gents,

ccs, The area you've hi-lighted is below the scar line, so it's unlikely to be shock loss; but I'm sure Hairtastic will confirm.

post-501-1158746503_thumb.jpg This is 2 weeks post op.

Phil

ok thanks Phil, maybe hairtastic could confirm. What is that section highlighted though.... hair cut?

Hairtastic, can you give us a clear shot of the back on the grade 2. Thanks for your helps!! I am concerned about my scar and seeing a grade 2 would be great at only 2 months post op :)

Maybe it's a little s/loss, unusual though on a relatively small strip procedure; my guess is it's a dodgy hair cut; his hair is quite fine; I'll get him to change his barber!

Whether you can get down to a grade 2 at 2 months will do a lot with your hair characteristics; for example if your hair is course and has a slight wave/curl, even at grade 2 it will help to conceal while the scar is still a little red.

Phil

Thanks Phil, a clearer shot of hairtastics donor would be great to see as a benchmark as not many guys take their hair down so short so soon after surgery. If his fine hair is covering the scar and making it unnoticable on a #2, i'm laughing as i will only ever want to take mine to a 3/4# :)

Martin1:- Thankyou, in both pictures I have a grade 2 cut on the back and sides that was done that day, I left the top long. The part highlighted with the red box (By ccs I think) is most certainly the remeniscence of the scar. Personally I think that considering its only been 2 months and a grade 2 is only one up from a grade 1 it looks good.

MikeUK:- Thanks

ccs:- Yes it is early days yet at only 2 months post op. So far I am impressed. Unfortunatly perhaps the pictures dont do it justice seeing as hairs are too small to pick up on a camera. This is why you see more a kind of different shade of colour on my recipient area as opposed to hairs. In reality everytime I pass a mirror Im checking out my progressive new hairs. Even when its fully grown youll still see a different shade as opposed to hairs only it will be darker! I will make an attempt of doing a suitable close up of the recipient area for you see see it on more detail. I will also provide a pic of the donor area, going by your last post here, I would be confident in saying you will be laughing. Yes, perhaps it is rare to have a G2 so soon after!

The part highlighted with the red box (By ccs I think) is most certainly the remeniscence of the scar.

Thanks for confirming :unsure: Looks good though for a grade 2#

It does look particularly low though as Phil pointed out. Is this just the angle of the picture?

If you could show us a clear picture of the donor area from the back and sides that would be great. All the best with the growth :)

Maybe it is the angle? because it is well within the safety zone; I just said the area you were refering to looked below the scar line; not that the line was low. I know that Hairtastic is going to post some more pictures later today, and I'll post some of the recipient area immediatley post op.

As a rule the strip should be located on the occipital protuberance, the bone on the back of the head that protrudes out a little before dipping down in to the nape. The strip is taken on the occipital bone let say if it a 1.2cm; the strip is 0.7mm underneath and o.5mm over.

Phil

Looking really good and on par! :unsure: 2 months is well into the waiting game and now you will soon start to see the fruits of your labour!! :) Dr Bisanga does great work and i'm sure you will be tremendously happy in only a few more months time when it all starts to take off!

If not already get on MSM as it will speed up your growth :)

Grow well!!

Spex

Here are the pictures as promised. The back of the head shot to show the 'scar' (what scar?!) You might notice in the background of the back of head picture is my computer screen with this forum on it hehe. The close up for you to see the recipient hairs in more detail as well as a close up of the actual scar with hairs raised. Please dont make the mistake of thinking the shot of the back of my head is of someone who hasnt actually had the procedure! If you make an effort to look carefully you can just about make out the scar line!, Im pretty happy with it seeing as its hardly noticable! That picture was taken today so thats only 2 days after having the Grade 2 shave. The close up pic for you to see the hairs on the recipient area shows the growth after only 2 months. Upon looking at it myself in a mirror I notice there are lots of little bits of stubble sprouting out that you wouldnt notice on the picture.

post-728-1158769513_thumb.jpg

post-728-1158769532_thumb.jpg

post-728-1158769550_thumb.jpg

hi hairtastic

your work looks great,i`m in the same boat as yourself and have enjoyed the bisanga team`s efforts...i too had a close haircut starting at a nominal short cut and ended up with a grade 2....no problems.

just sitting back now and waiting .

apart from the work i thought the client treatment(i.e.travel,accom,ect)played a vital role in my confidence of this company,i`m not a good traveller so this was pleasing...

good growth too you .well done

ARC

Wow, I havent seen that 1st pic there of the slits b4 placement, it looks quite an area covered compared to how much hair I had before. The surgery was quite un-invasive too, what with only being little punctures.

At this 2 months stage it looks acceptable enough for me to not want to wear a hat everywhere in despite that its early days.

Congrats Hairstastic. Your hair does look longer than grade 2 though IMHO.

apart from the work i thought the client treatment(i.e.travel,accom,ect)played a vital role in my confidence of this company..

I'm sure the work will be good but many people got caught out with DHI and their "Travel Packages / sightseeing tours"

Its ALL about the HT and nothing but the HT ....not the marketing to get you there :unsure:

I agree dukey, marketing and gimic incentives should not be the reason for ones choice!. My choice was entirely based upon research, the reputation of DR. Bisanga and my positive impression of their honesty from the relationship from beginning to end. Its all there in my original post.

i agree hairtastic....the ht IS ht and only about the ht...the honesty.travel,help,accom are all extensions of an existing good package

arc

Looking good mate for just under 3 months, congratulations. Not long now to start to see a significant improvement.

Phil

Thanks for sharing your pics Hairtastic. Looks you're getting off to a good early start :)