GasMan

Whats More Painful? Fit Or Strip

Just wondered what pain you suffer from these two different methods, both during the procedure and the following days post surgery.....

I imagine strip is less painful during the actual surgery as is so much quicker. But am I right in thinking that after the surgery the pain from strip can be worse?

Also what is more painful post surgery (if possible to tell), the donor site or the recipitant site?

I guess the recipitant site is the same regardless of what removal method you have as its the same technique they use for placing. But the donor area would be the difference I guess?

You don't suffer any pain during the surgery as you will have anesthetic injections in the donor and recipient areas.

After strip surgery, the donor area is more painful if you don't take your painkillers in time. With the right painkiller timing, the donor area pain isn't that bad - it's more discomfort due to the tightness of the stitches/staples.

Just wondered what pain you suffer from these two different methods, both during the procedure and the following days post surgery.....

I imagine strip is less painful during the actual surgery as is so much quicker. But am I right in thinking that after the surgery the pain from strip can be worse?

Also what is more painful post surgery (if possible to tell), the donor site or the recipitant site?

I guess the recipitant site is the same regardless of what removal method you have as its the same technique they use for placing. But the donor area would be the difference I guess?

Everyone experiences pain differently but as a bench mark Strip is more painful - the procedures themselves are no different in pain - no pain at all apart from the initial anaesthetic, makes your eyes water a little but comparable to when you have a filling at the dentist.

Recovery pain can vary although i experience very little with both procedures - FUE i hardly had any pain and just took standard pain killers for 1/2 days.

With strip i took a stronger pain killer for 3/4 days

Recipient area had no pain whatsoever.

The injections aint too bad. (Dr Feller commented that in his experience us Brits are tougher than Americans) :D When the strip is removed you are 100% numb all you feel is some wetness on your neck, don't know if its blood or saline though!! :)

For me whenever I've had the slits made (to insert the grafts) it feels like I've got a sheet of polystyrene on my head and he's punching the holes into that. It even makes a crunching sound like polystyrene would.

On my second Norton op he began making slits in an area that was'nt anestetised ! I put up with it for about 30 secs before I said something !

Overall the worst thing is having to sit in a chair all day hardly moving. I always feel it a bit when the grafts are inserted its not really painfull just uncomfortable.

You just have to keep thinking about the hair that you will be getting in a few months time. :D

Afterwards the pain in the donor area where the strip was removed is just like as if you're being pinched its not too bad at all and only lasts a day or two. Recipient area is generally pain free. I suspect that fue is much less painfull than strip as there is nowhere near the same amount of trauma to the donor area.

Its a small sacrifice really, that and the money that it costs! Its all another part of the unfairness of being one of us guys who were born with hair receptive to DHT. ;)

I have never done FIT, but with the strip procedure I had the only substantial pain was the night after the procedure, and the meds took care of that pretty quickly :) ...

Funny, what Dr. Feller said about Brits taking the pain better than Americans... ;) . I've always admired that unique English resiliance...!

guy`s

i can`t help admiring the yanks full stop........toured the country and as a true brit i loved everything i saw.

i had strip and it was as far as pain was concerned.ok!

just as long as you keep in contact with the doc as too where the anesthetic may be wearing off...then it should be a breeze.---i fell asleep during my long op.....

post op is ok as well, like any op you must adhere too a few guidelines and `yes`painkillers but it`s all worth it...

arc