jessyja

Is Nioxin Shampoo A Scam ?

I was looking for a shampoo that I can use every day that can help me reduce DHT on my head, I saw Nioxin, but I read on internet that it was a scam, that it don't help at all, is it true ???

Here is one guy saying that it is a scam:

"I bought the packet of Nioxin about 6 months ago...i have to tell you that if you want to waste your money this is a really good way and I went to several doctors who told me nioxin is all a scam, the tingling feeling you feel is because blood is rushing to your scalp. It really does not prevent hair loss it actually can damage your scalp by burning it."

And here 2 guys who claim it work:

"Im a 34 year old in with a masters degree in medicine. Nioxin was recommended to me for a receeding hairline. I only used it a few times and have noticed a drastic difference in that the hairline has completely grown in. I did not even use it daily as directed. I used the follicle stimulator. I have researched it extensively before I used it. It does not burn your scalp and it does not harm your scalp or your hair. It actually increases blood flow, which is a benefit. It is not a scam, it is well worth the money. The lady that does my hair has long gorgeous hair and she has used nioxin since it came out and she swears by it. Ive tried rogaine and even some fancy expensive treatments from spas and even capilong. This is the only thing that truly works."

"A few months ago I noticed every time I took a shower, the drain was loaded with hair more so than ever before. All I can say is that after only a few times using Nioxin, there was absolutely no hair in the drain! I have been using Nioxin for several weeks now and can honestly say my hair is fuller than I can remember it ever being!"

What is your experience with it ?

post-669-1157744455_thumb.jpg

Nioxin is a range of 3 products - shampoo, conditioner & a leave-in treatment. I've used the shampoo and conditioner and found them to be pleasant but ordinary; I can't comment on the treatment.

I've also read comments alleging that Nioxin is a scam. This might be putting it a little too strongly. However, the mechanism by which Nioxin claims to achieve results against hair loss is the removal of DHT build-up on the scalp. I can't see how this is going to help - the problem is DHT inside the hair follicle.

Stick with the Nizoral and rotate it with any gentle everyday shampoo.

When I stopped using nioxin I do think it caused a shed.

I've read quite a few times on forums and stuff, that people have stopped using nioxin and experienced sheds after. It does seem to decrease shedding while you're on it, but I stopped as it was making my hair extremely dry. I really don't know what to make of nioxin, there's a new formulation now too. I still have a bottle of the old stuff left but i am VERY weary of using it, I'm not too sure what it does exactly!

(p.s. I'm talking about the shampoo and the conditoner here, I used the 'follicle nutrient' sh*t and it did nothing at all)

I was looking for a shampoo that I can use every day that can help me reduce DHT on my head, I saw Nioxin, but I read on internet that it was a scam, that it don't help at all, is it true ???

Here is one guy saying that it is a scam:

"I only used it a few times and have noticed a drastic difference in that the hairline has completely grown in".

Claiming that ones hairline grew back completely after using a shampoo "a few times" obviously isn't true...

Scam? Well, not sure...the shampoo bottle, at least, makes no promises that it can't keep. I've used it off and on and noticed neither growth, nor shedding, nor decreased hair loss, nor, for that matter, anything other than my hair being minty fresh...

That said, I'm sticking to shampoo that does not cost $20 or more per bottle...

Nioxin is a range of 3 products - shampoo, conditioner & a leave-in treatment. I've used the shampoo and conditioner and found them to be pleasant but ordinary; I can't comment on the treatment.

I've also read comments alleging that Nioxin is a scam. This might be putting it a little too strongly. However, the mechanism by which Nioxin claims to achieve results against hair loss is the removal of DHT build-up on the scalp. I can't see how this is going to help - the problem is DHT inside the hair follicle.

Stick with the Nizoral and rotate it with any gentle everyday shampoo.

But My pharmacist told me Nizoral is only good to remove dandruff, and it have nothing to do with hair loss ?

"If the shampoo bottles marked "for thicker hair" grab your attention in the store, you might want to think again before tossing one into your cart. According to the FDA, none of the shampoos or hair products that claim to give you thicker, fuller hair can actually do that. What these products do, instead, is to create the appearance of greater fullness by plumping up hair follicles."

:(

But My pharmacist told me Nizoral is only good to remove dandruff, and it have nothing to do with hair loss ?

You're right Nizoral is an anti-dandruff shampoo. However, it appears to have some anti-androgen properties and is a useful anti-inflammatory that can play a relatively inexpensive part in an anti-hairloss regime.

Sorry also meant to post a link to some studies on Nizoral - http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-remedy/nizoral/nizoral.cfm

You're right Nizoral is an anti-dandruff shampoo. However, it appears to have some anti-androgen properties and is a useful anti-inflammatory that can play a relatively inexpensive part in an anti-hairloss regime.

Sorry also meant to post a link to some studies on Nizoral - http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-remedy/nizoral/nizoral.cfm

Notes This is an antifungal shampoo primarily for the treatment of seborrhatic dermatitis. The active ingredient Ketoconazole has some antiandrogenic effects, but it is unknown whether the amount in the shampoo is absorbed. If it helps with hair loss it may work in a way other than as an antiandrogen. It is definitely a good shampoo for making hair look thicker.

Claimed Results None.

What about Nisim Shampoo ?

http://www.nisim.com/products/5

post-669-1157873450_thumb.jpg

post-669-1157873770_thumb.jpg

It may be a decent shampoo, but adhere to the general rule - be extremely sceptical about shampoos that claim to be effective against hair loss. Remember, the problem is the DHT and the androgen receptors INSIDE the hair follicle. Just washing your hair doesn't address this problem!

It may be a decent shampoo, but adhere to the general rule - be extremely sceptical about shampoos that claim to be effective against hair loss. Remember, the problem is the DHT and the androgen receptors INSIDE the hair follicle. Just washing your hair doesn't address this problem!

Is Nizoral can reduce the androgen receptors INSIDE the hair follicle ?

Spex believes that prolonged use of Nizoral can 'dull' the androgen receptors. We really don't know the mechanism by which Nizoral works against hair loss, but it does appear to help (http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-remedy/nizoral/nizoral_ketoconazole_6.cfm). Remember, no product stops hair loss as well as Propecia / Proscar or Avodart, though several do help a bit in combination with these.