Stan

Best Concealer?

I know this has gone over a few times here and elsewhere, but I would be grateful if all of you Toppik, Nanogen, dermatch, pro-thick etc user or ex-users could just say which one you use and why you think its best.

I know concealers don't suit everyone, but for those of us with diffused thinning or for you folk who are disguising a recent HT they must work something like surely?

Thanks all.

I have always found Toppik to be good. The more hair you have the better though. I think for post op courve and dermatch are good at disguising the scar from what i have read. You planning on a HT Stan, if so who with?

I am planning on seeing Feller hopefully but nothing concrete yet! :)

There are several popular concealers on the market and they are all good if used correctly- but you need to experiment with them to see which one best suits you - :) I found Toppik was good but a pain to use initially - Courve is good also but you need to make sure that you get the correct colour to suit your hair colour.

I never tried Dermatch but i hear is very good - again if used correctly :)

Most of them work well. The more hair you have though the better it will look. (obviously) The only problem with them though is they do make you paranoid. Does it look natural ? will someone spot your little secret ? :unsure: :o :lol:

My favorite now is Nanogen.

Toppik is good but was a hassle for me to apply.

As some else has said, it is really down to your own experiance, they all virtually do a good job, it is just getting the right one for you to feel comfortable with, applying and making it look natural.

AGT

I have only ever used Nanogen and found it to be pretty good, easy to apply and looks natural as long as you dont cake it on :lol:

I once recieved a toppik locking mist with my nanogen order and i wasnt happy with it, i much preffered the nanogen locking mist as it was much lighter/finer spray than the toppik one. The toppik mist seems to go hard on your head bit like hairspray, which doesnt feel very nice. Nanogen mist is much more subtle IMO.

Regards

Tom

You just want to use a normal Hairspray - the Toppik locking mist is hardcore :)

I brought some Mane seal and control 'locking' spray, it cost £12 in my opinion I suspect that it is just ordinary hairspray.

I have used different concealers for years, and to be honest, the best concealer depends on how you style your hair.

Toppik is not very effective for the hairline I find. I personally prefer Mane. It requires patience, but it gets by far the best effects along the hairline, provided your hair is relatively long and you can style it in such way that extra coverage is achieved.

If your hair is very short, I'd go for Dermmatch.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

Nanogen seems a bit cheaper than toppik, so I'll give that a go first (plus the fact its advertised at the top of the page!!!)

The best for me is TOPPIK, but it's very expensive because i want put a lot of products in my head to seems a boy without problems of baldness.. Toppik is great, easy to remove with a shampoo, natural results if you have still some hair. Anothr problem is that under the sun the toppik became a little green, very innatural

Under the Toppik, i say: DERMMATCH, it's cool, cheaper than toppik, it last more months, easy to applicate, but hard to remove with 1-2 shampoo ... that is the only problem: remove it

Dermmatch works not so good like toppik in areas where there aren't much hair (like hairline)

For me Toppik is the best