Spuraman

Update!

Hi guys!

Had my first haircut since the op and so far im happy with it. From the front i think i look good. Ive always liked the stubble look, shame the grafts are starting to fall out. From the back i think the scar has healed really well in just over 2 weeks. I cut my hair to a grade 1 so it would be even with the top. Obviously its still visable but id rather a scar shoe then an old man haircut.

Here are the pics.

post-472-1156866741_thumb.jpg

post-472-1156866885_thumb.jpg

post-472-1156867030_thumb.jpg

Your pics mate!

Looks great - Thanks for sharing the pics!! :)

Untitled7.jpg

Untitled12.jpg

Spex :)

Thanks for your support guys.

Meant to be back at work on Monday. Have to speak to my boss.

So will i come out the shower one morning and have allot less hair? How does it fall out? gradually or in cloggs?

You will notice it come out when you are washing your hair mainly, first 5 or so hair and then it gets more, it will start to happen soon. Don't worry though as it is meant to happen, you will probably keep a very small number of hairs that will continue to grow but not many.

Not looking forward to that!! hopefully i still look as if i got a hairline.

so is it a case of the sooner they go the sooner they start growing again?

Hi guys!

Had my first haircut since the op and so far im happy with it. From the front i think i look good. Ive always liked the stubble look, shame the grafts are starting to fall out. From the back i think the scar has healed really well in just over 2 weeks. I cut my hair to a grade 1 so it would be even with the top. Obviously its still visable but id rather a scar shoe then an old man haircut.

Here are the pics.

post-472-1156866741_thumb.jpg

post-472-1156866885_thumb.jpg

post-472-1156867030_thumb.jpg

Looks great! I'm going for a haircut in a week which will make it 2 weeks myself. Did u consider maybe keeping a little more hair in back and sides? 3 grade perhaps? I'm trying to figure this out before I go in. U have alot to look forward to!

Looking great Spuraman :D just keep your back to the wall at work and nobody will notice that anything has happened (except that you'll have more hair on top for a while ;) ).

You will notice it come out when you are washing your hair mainly, first 5 or so hair and then it gets more, it will start to happen soon. Don't worry though as it is meant to happen, you will probably keep a very small number of hairs that will continue to grow but not many.

On the money!! ;)

Riley....I did consider but i wanted it to blend in with the top. The sides and back of my hair grow quick so it will be a 2 within a week, Hopfully that should cover the scar a bit. If not then ill just have to grow it longer. I also want people to get used to the scar. Under no circumtances will i have very thin hair on top and leave the sides at a 3 or 4. im 23 and dont want to have to look even older coz of my haircut coz of the scar. ;)

ive decided im gonna have a bit of fun with the scar issue. When people i dont know ask me about it. ill just make things up. Oh it happened when i was in the army or i used to be a cage fighter and smashed my head etc etc. im not to bothered by it really. Once the hair grows in on top ill keep my hair longer. But for now all i can do it wait. The hard bit hasnt even started yet, when the grafts fall out thats the hard part. :D

any other suggestions for why i got a scar? ;)

You could say you had a brain op ;)

Or a run in with some hedge cutters :D

I told them all at work that I had a small minor lump removed from the back of my head!!

I got lots of sympathy from the MILFs and the p1ss taken out of me from the blokes, ie was they looking for your brain ;)

Well i told work that i had an accident while in New York last week. So thats sorted.

its just for people that dont know me, most will say nothing but some ask questions. ill make it up as i go alone ;)

This is one of the hardest parts of the whole HT experience.

Given the length and shape of your scar any Bs excuse that you give will not stand up. My advice to you is to let it grow out abit to about grade 3/4 then use a concealer on the scar. This will make it dissapear. Remember this will only be a tempory situation until your hair starts to grow, and you may not look as bad as you expect. With such a highly noticable scar the truth is bound to come out eventually. Maybe its just me but I personally would prefer it if people didnt know.

If you are confident enough to tell people about what you have done then good for you. But as I know that you are a young guy and therefore I expect that most of the people you mix with are also young and probably dont understand your hairloss situation I am a bit worried about how things will turn out for you.

Quote from Zipit (topic why hide it)

"Mine was spotted by a local shopkeeper he just said 'what the F@@k has happenend to your hair !' I just went into total meltdown. I tried to keep it a secret but now more and more people know. I am officialy the village idiot "!

I wouldn't want to see you get this kind of stigma attached to anyones reputation. People love to spread gossip. In a few months when your hair is growing the fact that you had a crap hairstyle for a few weeks will soon be forgotten especially as you will be looking better than ever. But being known around town as that guy who's had a HT at 23 will stick with you for years. Good luck mate with whatever you decide to do.

Good points S.A.F i will def be growing it longer so its concealed a bit. I dont know if i can be bothered with concealers and stuff. Dont u need to get someone to apply it? i guess it one of those "wait and see" i might not look to bad with a 3 or 4 on the sides and back and not much on top.

I know if i knew someone had an HT at a young age it wouldnt bother me and i wouodnt think twice of that person, i understand that people with hair will prob think differently to me.

This is one of the hardest parts of the whole HT experience.

Given the length and shape of your scar any Bs excuse that you give will not stand up. My advice to you is to let it grow out abit to about grade 3/4 then use a concealer on the scar. This will make it dissapear. Remember this will only be a tempory situation until your hair starts to grow, and you may not look as bad as you expect. With such a highly noticable scar the truth is bound to come out eventually. Maybe its just me but I personally would prefer it if people didnt know.

If you are confident enough to tell people about what you have done then good for you. But as I know that you are a young guy and therefore I expect that most of the people you mix with are also young and probably dont understand your hairloss situation I am a bit worried about how things will turn out for you.

Quote from Zipit (topic why hide it)

"Mine was spotted by a local shopkeeper he just said 'what the F@@k has happenend to your hair !' I just went into total meltdown. I tried to keep it a secret but now more and more people know. I am officialy the village idiot "!

I wouldn't want to see you get this kind of stigma attached to anyones reputation. People love to spread gossip. In a few months when your hair is growing the fact that you had a crap hairstyle for a few weeks will soon be forgotten especially as you will be looking better than ever. But being known around town as that guy who's had a HT at 23 will stick with you for years. Good luck mate with whatever you decide to do.

SAF

Good point. How long does it take for the buzzed area on top to reach the length equivalent of a 3 or 4 guard? Is it months or weeks? I'm guessing the former. I guess I'm asking is how long til it gets balanced?

After my HT I had 3 weeks off work. For the procedure my scalp was completly shaved down grade 0 and so was the donor area after 2 weeks I shaved down the remaining hair to match these area's. By now they had grown back to grade 2ish. I was taking Msm 1500-3000mg a day this may have helped. Anyway a week later when I had to return to work it was all at about grade 3 or 4 which was just long enough to be able to use the concealer and nobody spotted the scar.

By the way concealer is easy to use. You just apply it yourself.

After my HT I had 3 weeks off work. For the procedure my scalp was completly shaved down grade 0 and so was the donor area after 2 weeks I shaved down the remaining hair to match these area's. By now they had grown back to grade 2ish. I was taking Msm 1500-3000mg a day this may have helped. Anyway a week later when I had to return to work it was all at about grade 3 or 4 which was just long enough to be able to use the concealer and nobody spotted the scar.

By the way concealer is easy to use. You just apply it yourself.

Great info! Did u use dermatch?? Toppik??

What about Tanning? am i ok to go sunbed? ;)

i go to the one at my gym which really isnt strong. Looking a bit pale at the moment.

NO! :P Cover your scar and recipient area if you do go sunbed! It is recommended that you keep your recipient area out of the sun for 6 months post op.

PS If you knew what I know about gym sunbeds, you wouldn't go near one B)

Great info! Did u use dermatch?? Toppik??

I used dermatch I applied it with an old mascara brush (the apllicators you recieve with it are pretty crap) , another good one for scar concealing in the dense donor area is mane it comes in a spray can. These two are easier to use on the back of your head than toppic. Toppic is better for thinning hair ie on top of your head. Just make sure you order the right colour shade. Its a good idea to give it a practise go to perfect the art of concealment the day before you have to face the public so to speak. :P