Good Day,

I would like to seek any advice from anyone....

I am a 25 male. I realise that hair at the front ( area above the forehead) is thining; as in, the scalps are more visible. I am not sure is that a syndrome of male pattern hair loss?

I have seen a doctor and i was given Pentogar, a kind of hair vitamin... however, it seems that there is no effect at all. This is realli a pain in the midst of my studies.

Depressions seems to be sinking in....

Help.

thanks

Hi

I have absolutely the same problem, my hair started thinning, ie not receeding when i was 25 and I am 26 now and its just getting thinner down the centre towards the crown.

Sounds like its due to stress from your studies. I am considering paying to go to a hair replacement clinic before it thins any more, they'll give you drugs to stop the thinning then later on if life you could get transplants to cover the thin bits. The earlier you go to stop the thinning the less transplanted follicles you need later and the less money you will pay

Sorry to say but stress has nothing to do with this -its DHT.

Your best defence against DHT and further loss are meds such as Propecia /proscar - The "Penogar" (NEVER heard of it) your doc gave you is a waste of time and money.... as you have possibly already realised :(

I'm always paranoid that when I'm combing my hair it pulls more out - especially when I have knotted/tangled bits and I have to pull the comb quite hard.

so now I no longer comb and just put up with the matted knots

Hi guys..

maybe get some pics on here.... the experts maybe able to give you some advice..

also.. look on here re medicines.. will give you a good idea of what to expect (also what is a waste of time)..

dont waste your money... anything a "clinic" can offer you in the way of treatments using meds can be bought at a fraction of what they will charge you. There is nothing that they would tell you that is not on this forum and written by guys who have been there, seen the film, read the book and now wear the T-shirt..

research research research.. this should be the moto of every guy worried about MPB...

Cheers

timuk