Sign in to follow this  
garageland

Pb's Deleted Post On His 9 Month Pics

Once again, I hadn't even thought about the nizoral shedding when I posted the pictures so how could I have mentioned it :huh: ? I still don't know if it is because of Nizoral, it just seems like it. The bad hair cut was 2 weeks before the pics were taken and the worst of it had grown out - it would have been different if I had just had the haircut the day before the pics were taken.

So it makes everybody's hair shed and they sell it as a hair loss product ?

Its a dandruff shampoo and only to be used 2 x a week max. Its harsh stuff!

I didn't use it more than 2 or 3 times a week and it was only 1% Nizoral, not the 2% hard core Nizoral...

Good job I didn't use the 2% stuff, otherwise I'd probably be completely bald by now ;)

Hi PB, are you also using a shampoo every day, i took the twice a week thing to literally and just used nizoral for a while which lead to my hair to fall out quicker.Now i still use it once a week with the head and shoulders 6 times a week.

I was always told that hair should be washed daily to remove the build up of oil.

As for you hair loss, it may or may not have been the nizoral, might just have been your shed (not garden), which means your hair should start looking thicker again soon.

Hi PB, are you also using a shampoo every day, i took the twice a week thing to literally and just used nizoral for a while which lead to my hair to fall out quicker.Now i still use it once a week with the head and shoulders 6 times a week.

I was always told that hair should be washed daily to remove the build up of oil.

As for you hair loss, it may or may not have been the nizoral, might just have been your shed (not garden), which means your hair should start looking thicker again soon.

Hi Garageland, yes I wash my hair every day.... sometimes twice a day if I go to the gym after work. If I wash it a second time, I just use conditioner and don't shampoo it a second time though. I have oily skin and hair and I look like I've had a pan of deep-frying oil poured on my head if I don't wash it daily. It's been like that for as long as I can remember :P I also look twice as bald if my hair hasn't been washed in the morning.

I think I have found the reason for there not being any improvement between 6½ and 9 months You probably won't believe this seeing as I'm always going on about how crap minoxidil is... Anyway, just after the 6½ month pics were taken I was in NY and bought some Nizoral shampoo (I hadn't used it before), and it seems to make my hair shed. So I binned the 3rd of the "Big 3" and the shedding has stopped. Hopefully the hair that shed will grow back Seems to me that all these "hair products" only make things worse The shedding has definately stopped now though

Hi mate,

I didn't realise you had been using Nizoral /Nizorrelle - This only confirms my shed theory.

That particular shampoo can cause big sheds especially when you first use it - like all the hairloss meds.

It sounds like more than just a coincidence IMO - The hair that has shed will 100% return, so you can breathe ;) Those HT hairs are here to stay :P It make well take a little while for them to come back in it just depends on their cycles.

Just stick with a soft shampoo from here on in - :P

Good to hear from you! B)

Regards

Spex

I think your Nizoral shed suspicion is accurate because i have read it can cause drastic shedding. I'm sure it will all grow back in PB as spex mentioned.

I personally dont think its good to wash your hair everyday. I think the grease and stuff is produced for a reason and could help the hair. Obviously not too much of it.

just my thinking really.

It can cause shedding unfortunately - Only use it once or twice a week max.

Thanks for that , ive binned the Nizorel , they should re name it " wash & go " any advice on good shampoos

i have to wash my hair every day due to training and gigging , gets all sweaty and stuff .

Shiiitt ! i diddnt know Nizorel caused shedding , thats all ive been using .

I'll let you know if i start to shed any " bugger"

I didn't know either :P Hadn't read about it anywhere, just noticed myself that hair seemed to shed after using it and I haven't noticed any shedding since I stopped it. I did read the instructions on the bottle though and didn't use it more than a couple of times a week. When I was in NY, Dr True recommended that I use Nizoral because he said my scalp was slightly irritated and red (hadn't noticed anything myself) :P

Thanks for that , ive binned the Nizorel , they should re name it " wash & go " any advice on good shampoos

i have to wash my hair every day due to training and gigging , gets all sweaty and stuff .

For me, different shampoos and conditioners make a big difference to how my hair looks. The only one I've found that works for me is Schwarzkopf Henara shampoos and conditioners. I've been using the same shampoo for the last 25 years. I keep trying other shampoos as this particular one is now hard to get hold of but I haven't found anything else that works as well.

Shampoo I use

Conditioner I use

Hi guys, the general opinion is that sebum oil cloggs your hair follicles and leads to hair loss so frequent washing is advised, but like everything else in this hairloss industry not everyone agrees, here is a quote below taken from a hairloss site, agreeing that oil is not good for the hair

Most doctors agree that if you have a oily scalp with thinning hair, frequent shampooing is advised. shampooing can reduce surface sebum, which contains high levels of testosterone and DHT that may reenter the skin and affect the hair follicle.

The whole article can be found here http://www.onlyhairloss.com/hairlossprocess.htm

A similar article is here

http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C489728.html

As for shampoo, i used to see a trichologist who developed this shampoo to target mpb and the build up of oil, it contains Eucalyptus Oil and Juniper Tar Oil which is good for removing sebum oil, i used it once a day for 12 years and i believe it slowed down my very aggressive mpb. you can buy it here.

http://www.lookfantastic.com/cgi-bin/lf.st...oduct/View/2435

I've heard that shampooing your hair on a daily basis strips it of its natural oils and is therefore harmful to its overal health and condition. After all your hair must produce sebum for a reason.

I think that whatever you do it will have very little influence on hairloss. This is why I personly just recommend using an ordinary shampoo a few times a week and stick with the fin to combat dht. As we know its all about genetics. Some people can get away with giving their hair tremendous abuse (colouring/styling, overwashing it, underwashing it etc ) with no detrimental effects. So I dont think that this particular issue is all that important in the overal scheme of things. There are countless expensive shampoo's and miracle treatments out there but in my opinion they wont stop you losing your hair if its in your genes. Go on some of the American forums and you will see people with a daily regime of all about 10 different hair products/supplements I think a lot of people are just throwing their money away. What I'm trying to say is dont pin your hopes on any shampoo making a big difference as there is nothing that I'm aware of that can make that big a difference to someone who has the hairloss genes.