Sign in to follow this  
drumnbass22

Dr Ashcroft Delivers!

How u doing?

I started the ********* centre topic below and am so glad I found this site rather than paying ********* 1200quid.

Paid the doc(Ashcroft) 140quid and my pack arrived Satuday, have been taking my pills since and have a few questions i'm hoping someone can help with.

Firstly, i'm cutting the pills into fourths, not fifths, is this ok?

secondly, I've read about initial shedding when starting this medication, is this common? how long does it last? and is this hair regrown with proscar?

any replies much appreciated,

Long live the doc!

I've read about initial shedding when starting this medication, is this common? how long does it last? and is this hair regrown with proscar?

I've not heard of this phenomenon. I started on Propecia 9 months or so ago, and within 3-4 months noticed a major decline in shedding. :o

Firstly, i'm cutting the pills into fourths, not fifths, is this ok?

secondly, I've read about initial shedding when starting this medication, is this common? how long does it last? and is this hair regrown with proscar?

any replies much appreciated

4th's instead of 5th's is fine! :o This is what many guys do actually - me included. I just bite into mine, somedays i may get more, some days less but its in the system fighting DHT - thats the main thing :P

An initail shed can occur - don't stress! Shedding is a sign its working!! :unsure:

I know sheds can be a killer - i'm experiencing one right now :o But off past experience you just need to ride it out! :lol:

All the best!

Spex

interesting spexs

can you shed new HT hair and can HT hair fall out due to stress.

ive shed alot in 1 x month and from people saying your hairs growing they are now saying its going i'm a little stressed at momemt and have noticed the shredded hair doesnt seem to have a bulb on the end.

any thoughts cheers

interesting spexs

can you shed new HT hair and can HT hair fall out due to stress.

Have you had a HT :o ?

HT hair sheds initially, a few weeks after the HT and then grows back after a few months. HT hair is resistant to DHT but not resistant to stress and could drop out like the rest of your hair. Hair loss due to stress is fairly rare though and wouldn't be limited to just the top of your head.

Dr Peter H. Proctor, PhD MD answered: Some characteristics of stress loss: It is caused when a stressor causes an extra amount of hair to go into the loss-phase. So, it typically takes 2-4 months after the stressor to show up. The stressor can be physical (e.g., severe illness or surgery) or psychological, such as severe depression. Unlike pattern hair loss, stress loss tends to be associated with an increased rate of hair shedding, sometimes as much as 3-400 hairs per day. Stress-induced hair loss also tends to burn itself out after a few weeks to months. Finally, in stress-loss, hair tends to regrow starting within a year or so after hair shedding slows. In fact, if hair doesn't regrow, it probably wasn't entirely stress loss.

no ive not had a HT PB

thanx for the info ive had family worries and also my eyes laserd within 1 x month

2 x months ago i was fine but shed so much its unreal and i kept to my rageime.

there has been other hairs at the back of my head aswell hopefully its just stress and the bulbs are still there.

its funny how stress has over ruled proscar.

cheers.. :o

Did something go wrong with the LASIK :o ? I hope you can manage to relax.

Take it easy!

Did something go wrong with the LASIK :P ? I hope you can manage to relax.

Take it easy!

lol

since i now have 20/20 vision i can now see my scalp.. :o

if have a HT i will probably go deaf...

lol

since i now have 20/20 vision i can now see my scalp.. :o

if have a HT i will probably go deaf...

I have also been contemplating LASIK surgery but I'm a bit scared... and because of my age I'm noticing signs of presbyopia begin and am worried that LASIK may make my near sight worse :P

I started the ********* centre topic below and am so glad I found this site rather than paying ********* 1200quid.

The ********* scammers aren't glad you you found this site :P Their profits are down almost £1200 :unsure: :o

So after the initial shedding - the hair starts to regrow?

I too am using tablets from Dr ashcroft and am sheeding at the minute - although i have to say that my hairline is receding which is causing me more anxiety than I need at present.

Will these tablets help? :unsure:

Secondly, why is forntal hairloss tougher to stop than anywhere else on the head - surely if you stop the DHT you stop the hair loss. Hair is hair after all. Or is DHT only one part of it and there is some other factor involved - which would explain why frontal loss is not totally helped by these tablets? :)

Thanks.

W. :)

Secondly, why is forntal hairloss tougher to stop than anywhere else on the head - surely if you stop the DHT you stop the hair loss. Hair is hair after all. Or is DHT only one part of it and there is some other factor involved - which would explain why frontal loss is not totally helped by these tablets? :)

Good question... unfortunately I don't know the answer :)

I personally don't have much faith in finasteride and I think most guys have too high expectations about the results they are going to get from these pills. At best, they will only slow down further loss and very few actually see any re-growth.

I don't understand this Finasteride "phase of shedding" idea. A person with no MPB has about 100,000 hairs on their head - at any time each will be at a different stage of the growth cycle, so it's normal to lose a certain number (even a seemingly large number) at any given time.

I agree that we need to be realistic about the effects of Finasteride - although if 83% of users are retaining their existing hair, and 66% are seeing a modest regrowth, that's not bad. Besides, there's always Dutasteride.

just about to order some fin off the doc

how long after sending your cheque did it arrive.also been in touch with the doc but forgot to ask who to make it payable to ie: john ashcroft,,, dr john ashcroft

can anybody help. or i will e mail him again

Does Dr Ashcroft deliver genuine Proscar for the UK market (i.e. full packaging and instructions in English)? I've seen internet pharmacies selling 'Turkish' (!) Proscar... you have to worry about the reliability of some suppliers.

This has been discussed and posted more times than i can actually remember -

Dr Ashcroft perscribes 100% legit Proscar!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

If he didn't - i think we would of heard about it on here and other forums as he perscribes to to 1000's of guys and has been doing it for over 7 yrs.

I have never read once a bad thing about him or the product he supplies -

The only thing is he is not great at is replying to emails or phone messages but the guy is a GP at 3 practices has a family and a busy life.

Fair enough.

I'm running out of Propecia and I'm loathe to make another visit to my local GP for a prescription. So Dr Ashcroft can expect a call from me!